Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CG97

Hello folks,

Ref vetting forms, do we get any email to advise we are starting the vetting process? Or does it just arrive in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

It comes in post

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mse2020

Chris heaton harris just said that now stormont is back up and running the 3.3b is now free to flow, hopefully the re-elected justice minister can get a budget sorted quick !

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Alliance got Justice for anyone wondering

• Advertisement

When is heaton harris set to release the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I think stormont are due to have a meeting here regarding funding and public services so imagine there will be more details on this shortly. Looks like recruitment will be picking up pace now, looks like there is a lot of focus on recruitment within psni.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

I passed my Met exams 👀

Which one are you going to choose

• Registered Users Posts: 1 houston999

Hi all

just saw your thread , exciting times! Done gv a few years ago . It’s great loved it, but real world is different and what they teach u , is thrown out window first day. Done couple of years and realised it wasn’t for me

organisation is / was under severe pressure

any q message me

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 stealth299

Wonder how long it will take them to actually get it sorted. Watched a bit of it today and they seem to just spend hours talking about nothing

Do people think there will be more intakes throughout the year than just April, May and June, now that the executive has returned and HH is set to give the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kelsogi

Has anyone any information on medical? What have they often rejected people for?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kelsogi

Where are you on the list if you dont mind me asking? Those who have recently recently vetting through the post

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I think its going take a few months for everything to get in order, the money allocation isn't even agreed and will take some time.

Chief con met Naomi long today 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Usernamenotfound

Has anyone here received a call to start?

Know someone who is <20 on the 2021 merit list has been given a start date for the end of April so things are definitely moving 😅

Must be mixing the two merit lists…

What!!! That’s massive news!! Hadn’t realised anyone has.

Eagerly keeping an eye on this FOI regarding course numbers https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/2024_25_courses#incoming-2531869

@Usernamenotfound are they higher or lower in the <20? Trying to gauge uptake in 2020 campaign and how big the course is. If it’s latter half that suggests larger squad, lower half smaller squad

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Usernamenotfound

They are higher. :)

• Advertisement

Oh that’s good! Suggests possibly some deferrals or drop outs in 2020

Graphs upgraded today

14 from our list appointed! But only 12 from 2020. Must be a lotttt of deferrals

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JO1999

Well been monitoring this forum for a while now. First time posting 100< in the 2021 merit list. How easy is it to deferral ?

case by case basis according to their website. Likely school, uni, marriage, pre booked holiday, injury, sickness, grieving or any other exceptional circumstance.

I think its more people declining offers than deferring.

Out of the 2020 though it means they’re deferring, or they’d move out of that part of the graph and into withdrawals.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

Vetting was received on Monday & they've contacted me today regarding additional information.

They are surely moving things fast...anyone know if they have a query would they email you a full list? Surely they would?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kaligsd65

Makes you wonder what class sizes they are going to have for the April, May and June courses.

I'm surprised there's still 20 on the 2020 list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

Nice to see Sinn Fein attending their first PSNI graduation tomorrow.

Advertisement