Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rocky Sucks chants loud

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TonySniff

**** The Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Yeah... If this is the way the crowd is going, flip it for Rock/Rollins and Reigns/Rhodes.

I'd prefer Rock/Reigns but not if the atmosphere's going to be sucked out of the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Anything the Rock does will be ****.

He's on the board. Loses to Roman, yeah dull and predictable. Beats Roman, a ridiculous self promotion and abuse of power. And not in a cool Mr McMahon 90s way.

Huge mistake him coming back like this. And he so sanctimonious and wooden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maxxine is a great TV character but man she should not be wrestling.

She is a faction with two of the best wrestlers in the world and hasn't picked anything up from them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah... she isn't close to being ready to wrestle on TV tbh. That handspring elbow😐️ Tbh Sara Logan/Valkyrie isn't much better!

Is Drew vs. Cody the plan for EC, Cody title shot from RR win on the line?

Apparently We Want Cody signs were handed out last night for Raw, is the work to make him a more over babyface

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i genuinely haven't a clue what they'll do.

all i know is, I don't see how they can do Rock/Roman in the main event of Wrestlemania. the damn event is in Philly. the match will be booed out of the arena 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Rocky sucks" chants in 2024. Some craic.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine Drew VS Cody is planned for EC alright, which is a fine match for both men.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Wasn't "Die, Rocky, die!" a thing back in his early days? Wonder if that's going to make a comeback for 'Mania.

Very easy sidestep they can do for this if they want to, have Rock as special guest referee for Cody/Reigns 2.

Cody wins and this sets up Rock/Reigns further down the line as Rock 'cost' Roman the match.

Rock gets his big exposure and gets to hit a few moves, the fans get what they want and it also frees up Roman from his stranglehold on the title so he can do these marquee type matches going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whatever outcome happens they will say it was all a work and that they worked the fans and the dirt sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

If it was supposed to be a "head of the table" thing then some screwball referee decision does nothing but hurt the narrative.

Rock was supposed to come back and put Reigns in his place, you don't turn around and say actually they are only feuding because of a referee call.

WWE's problem is that they didn't let Cody win last year, if they had then Rocks return would write itself no problem.

No disagreement from me there, the entire issue is that Roman still has the title, if he didn't there's no issue and it's obviously a big enough meeting to main event.

Gunther vs. Jey (another mega over babyface) at WM could be great, think Jimmy vs. Jey isn't a complete sell

I hope Nia don't injury Rhea who sells for her well but Rhea has to retain at EC for likely Becky at WM

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Seth absolutely begging for the Cody match is slightly becoming ridiculous now too. I know he explained in storyline that he wants to prove himself against the best but I’ve never seen the champion begging for the Rumble winner to face him 2 weeks running and he’ll probably do it again next Raw.

There was a minor version of it with Rhea begging Charlotte for the match a few years back when she was NXT champ but yeah I get what you mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

First, what was with the person who had the sign with more text than War & Peace on it?

At this point, if it wasn't planned as a work, it will have to be now. Cole constantly referring to the "controversial" past few days. The Press Event this Thursday. The reinforcement from Cole that everyone in the image would be there. Going with all the boos at any suggestion at Cody being in a match with Rollins.

Is the press event open to the public or just strictly the press? Like they're unlikely to be booing and chanting "Rocky sucks".

Just thinking with Gunther's title reign, imagine if Logan Paul matched it with the US title. 😀

Maybe it'll happen down the line, but I was half expecting Bayley to cost Kabuki Warriors the titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ThePott

DIY/Moustache Mountain is gonna slap.

The R-Truth story still manages to be gas, despite me assuming that was pretty much him giving up on being a part of the Judgement Day. Definitely expecting Judgement Day/Awesome Truth at Mania.

The Cody stuff is so odd. I don't care if they're turning it into a work or any of that crap. It's fascinating to see what they are going to do. I'm mad to see how the Rock is going to react when he gets booed into oblivion. I'm curious what they do with Cody. It's captivating stuff, even if they totally mess it up, it will be car crash stuff. I know in revisionist history stuff if Cody wins, they'll be saying it was always their plan to make him a bigger babyface, same thing they claim they did with Daniel Bryan but it lead to such an amazing moment that I didn't care so hopefully the same thing here.

Mind you, it's weird that they're acting like he was robbed of his chance when they already made it clear that Cody gave up his shot. Can always twist that around with a promo but still.

• To be honest, 3/4s of me wants the Roman vs. The Rock match go ahead just to see the puss on The Rock when he's booed out of the stadium.

You won't have to wait that long if they announce it as I'm sure him and Roman will have to at some point have a showdown prior...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The Rocky sucks chants faded fast and weren't there for the Main Event. People trying to create a narrative that in reality doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Guessing we'll get Cody's plan on Thursday for that Vegas press conference

Isnt the Superbowl on there this weekend coming ?, surprised WWE got a venue there given the scale of that game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,974 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Does anyone honestly think Rocky cares about being booed at this point of his career? Massive heat is every bit as good as massive pops.

I can't shake the feeling that it's all a work and I also don't think that Punks injury is as bad as being reported. Rock interjecting himself into the main event at the expense of Cody makes no sense, even by WWEs often dumbass standards.

Seth begging for a match against Cody also makes no sense and it's setting it up for Punk to appear shortly before WM and stake his claim to the match at WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Cody for me is the perfect babyface already, so assuming what's currently happening is a work, it is utterly uneeded. In fact I'd argue that the last week has only hurt him as a face in a way reminiscent of his run in AEW.

The hardest job Cody has had in getting over to the level he has, is staying on the right side of not being corny. Unfortunately the shift in character over the last week is veering over the other side of that corny line.

His reaction post Rumble win, aggressively pointing at Roman, was simply perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Gary_dunne

He's by far the biggest babyface the company has had for years. I know everyone expected him to beat Roman last year at WM and it probably would have been the perfect ending to "finish the story". The swerve caught everyone off guard and helped Cody to become even more loved.

If this isn't a work it's ridiculous. If it is a work it's also ridiculous and completely un necessary.

Most people want to see Roman vs The Rock at some point just not at Mania, not at the expense of Cody's crowning moment.

It was simple, you do Cody defeating Roman, take the title away from him. The bloodline start to doubt him as Tribal Chief, Rock comes as challenger and Reigns beats him (not cleanly) doubts continue and Solo turns on him setting up another major feud.

Post edited by Gary_dunne on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

It's got peoples attention though and speculating which regardless of work or not is exactly what you want come Mania season. They can go loads of different directions with it, alkng with Priest ready to cash in. Its enthralling , now a press conference is must see.

Advertisement