Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new off farm loading pen and small crush for about 15 cattle at a time

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Dragging up an old thread...

Looks like @renandstimpy doesn't be on here much now. Are they gone or reincarnated with a new username?

Getting mine done at the moment and thinking about upgrading an old one. Seen this and thought it was a lovely design that could fit into the old one.

Not sure if I'd need the curved gates, but I guess price would have increased a lot since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

My advive, don't over think it, i changed the design of my one serveral times as i was putting it up, you'll never catch everything first time.

There will always be a few bits you'd do different.

Having said all that i seen a video on youtube last week where a pin was divided up with a sliding gate and a fixed barrier, makes it handy to let cattle through instead of opening a normal gate out into cattle. That's something i wish i had done, did'nt see the video in time though!

I've already changed the one I'm at currently a few times. Overall scheme is the same, just some small tweaks and repositioning of posts when seen in flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭1848

To finish it off you need a section for loading cattle - say extend out where main gate is. Will allow a trailer to reverse in & then allow for a gate to swing behind to force cattle with an exit point for safety. Having done a good (low cost) job on the rest this will complete it.

The OP has used his curved area for loading - very nicely thought out using the internal gates to force the stock meaning they have nowhere to go but onto the trailer.

Advertisement