Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BusConnects Dublin - Bus Network Changes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Not nessecarily there's no law actually requiring a limiter to be fitted it's there for safety/insurance purposes. Training buses don't have them as vehicles must be capable of doing at least 80km/ph in order to be used in a driving test.

Some GAI SGs didn't have them/had faulty limiters needless to say those buses were very popular amongst drivers doing dead runs on the m50.

Another Saturday another Palestinian march

• Registered Users Posts: 26 FTBr

Saw some works ongoing at the canal bridge at Hazelhatch the last couple of days. Is this the improvements for busconnnects I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That article above from October of last year doesn't make sense here as it says the W6 is being 'extended' to Maynooth. It's not really an extension though as the route was already planned to go between Maynooth and Tallaght as per the NTA announcements on the BusConnects network redesign.

The article on the above link should have said that the W61 and W62 are both being merged together to become the W6 from Maynooth to Tallaght. That would have made a lot more sense to people who would understand the changes properly and eventually use the route in the near future. But it didn't come out like that at first; hence why we are reading the poorly written article in the post above. It is always the misleading headlines that grabs people's attention first rather than addressing the latter.

However it's good news to hear that works the on canal bridge in Hazelhatch have already begun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

emailed dated 01 Feb

We are emailing you to provide a status update in relation to the BusConnects Dublin Core Bus Corridors specifically the Clongriffin to City Centre Core Bus Corridor Scheme.

The NTA applied to An Bord Pleanála in April of 2022 for approval of the Scheme under Section 51(2) of the Roads Act 1993 (as amended), along with a submission for confirmation of the associated Compulsory Purchase Order.

An Bord Pleanála has now issued its decisions, being to approve the Scheme, subject to conditions, and to confirm the Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO). A copy of the Scheme approval is available and a copy of the CPO confirmation ( both broken ABP links )

Following An Bord Pleanála’s determinations, various public notices and notifications are required to be issued and this will be published/issued at the appropriate time.

Construction Stage:

Subject to completion of various processes, the NTA will now be developing a construction sequence taking account of any planning consents received, along with documentation to allow procurement to commence for the construction stage of the Scheme.

It is expected that all twelve corridors will be completed in 2030 with the first construction contracts to be awarded at the end of 2024 and on-site construction commencing early next year. The construction of the corridors will be delivered on a phased basis in order to reduce the traffic impacts that could arise should all twelve be constructed concurrently. In relation to the Clongriffin to City Centre Core Bus Corridor, it is likely that the Scheme will be implemented in the first half of the overall Core Bus Corridor construction programme.

During 2024, detailed communication arrangements for the construction phase will be developed to ensure that residents, community groups, businesses and public representatives are kept fully informed and have access to relevant liaison personnel during the delivery of the Scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Is there any way to review historical departures for a service? I use the W61 a couple of times a week now and the 17:05 departure from Hazelhatch is regularly delayed by the late arrival of the replacement driver and has not operated on at least two occasions since November. I've complained to Go Ahead and been dismissed or told it was exceptional circumstances but it appears to be them simply not allowing enough time for the driver to come on duty in Ballymount collect a car and drive to Hazelhatch in evening traffic. My evidence is anecdotal but given what I've experienced a couple of times a week for a few months I think the actual picture must be worse if there is any record of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DUBLINBUSGUY

You might be able to look back on bustimes.org

Thanks tried it and I can only get the previous day or maybe I'm using it wrong. I can select earlier dates but the times never change beyond 1 day back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

They don’t hold them for very long I’m afraid - that’s the only source I’ve seen.

Click on this link

https://bustimes.org/services/w61-hazelhatch-station-maynooth

Then click on “vehicles” at the bottom, then change the day and click on “map” beside the time nearest your departure time and you’ll see when they left the terminus.

The live data only remains for a few days.

Post edited by LXFlyer on

• Advertisement

Thanks for that I was able to get a good bit of info for the last 3 weeks, it looks like this particular service averages an 18-minute delay and in a couple of extremes departed 30 minutes late so two ran together.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Ireland trains

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

If the E-Spine goes out as phase 7 within this half of 2024.

This might mean that the F-Spine & the O route could be rolled out together as part of phase 6?

What I'm reading from this article is that the L1 & L2 will be the routes that will link up Kilcoole, Newcastle and Newtownmountkennedy for the first time. The L3 will be the circular route in Greystones.

But the NTA is now suggesting from the article above that, due to the recent population increases in the North Wicklow area, there will either be new additional bus routes or expansions to the new pre planned local routes (L1, L2 & L3) that will serve more areas of North Wicklow later this year.

Post edited by dublinman1990 on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Interesting if they're not just fobbing her off (she's not a councillor, just a candidate). The L3 Greystones circulator route avoids most of the new estates and is only due to run once and hour in one direction around the town, so could certainly be improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Would people not just get the DART if they had to get Public Transport into town? assuming thats the direction they are heading.

Did this weeks protest impact the bus services?

I only drive into town now since the Luas started getting impacted by the Palestine protest a few months back, so I dont check PT anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Some of the new estates are 30 minutes or more walk from the Dart station. This new bus route is supposed to connect up different parts of the town.

There was a small protest outside GPO didn't kick off until later in the day around 3pm

Thats good if there was no impact to service. The city council shoul really designate routes that are non impacting on the Luas & that minimise bus disruption.

• Advertisement

Also would you not have the same issues driving in as getting the Luas

No you can drive in because there is always access, you just have to plan the route through different streets.

Obviously the Luas doesnt have that option. Its one way or the highway!

You could get off at SSG or outside wherever the protest is and walk the rest

Sometimes the LUAS stops as far out as Beechwood on protest days. Crazy I know.

Let’s not exaggerate this.

In recent times there was only one closure south of St. Stephen’s Green that was due to a protest, due it finishing outside the Dept of Foreign Affairs.

The other closures last year were due to essential line engineering work that were carried out at weekends.

There are often delays and closures as a result of the protests.

I dont know how often they are as far south as Beechwood, but as I say, I dont use it on a Saturday anymore so I dont take any interest.

Until it becomes reliable again I drive if heading to town.

Not from St Stephen’s Green southward there aren’t.

You are completely exaggerating this.

Closures due to protests are normally between Dominick and St Stephen’s Green.

That's what I thought its buses that really draw the short end of the straw when there's protests

• Advertisement

There are almost always delays to the service when protests are on.

And you never know when it will be curtailed.

Thats my experience of it, so I dont use it.

Advertisement