Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Bell rang, delivery arriving, I was practically at the door as soon as the bell rang, which they can see, but they still insist on thumping on the door anyway. Stop it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Why does every food outlet, from food trucks to your local overly-expensive restaurant, insist on ruining a decent burger by including a few strips of sh*tty bacon?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Why do businesses notify you that they will deliver purchases on a public holiday. Knowing full well the courier they give it to has ZERO service here in this country on a public holiday !?

Businesses are responsible for the information they provide to clients. It doesn’t take a huge amount of time to research and establish that in a market they do business in..ie. Ireland, our public holidays are ….. and therefore there is no service on behalf of the international courier in question…

“delivery by end of business, Monday 5th of February.”

im not going anywhere on a shîtty old day like today and I just now checked the postbox in case I didn’t hear the bell ring. Nothing….lazy cünts, update your systems and sort yourselves out !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That my face still isn't right after my awful allergic reaction to a new serum over two weeks ago 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That after posting maps from David Attenbourgh ? I started following him .

TA is his posts are all like , **** man dis nigga is down with dis etc . I’ll have to check that it’s not a fake account

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

People who "multi-task" while driving, e.g. looking at the phone they're holding while fixing their hair with the other, stretching with both arms, navigating through a roundabout (no indicators) while thoroughly picking their nose, etc.

Also, people who overtake on bends with incoming traffic, people who "shave" bends by invading the opposite lane, etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Had a job interview scheduled for this morning. Put off seeing a film to ensure a good night's kip. Get up this morning and the thing's been moved to tomorrow. No note or message, just an email with the new time.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

i.e., "Our time is more important than yours."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I interviewed for them just before Christmas twice on Teams. First time was fine. Second, I was ten minutes late because I didn't see the "Join" button.

But yeah, an email would have been nice.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

My car's bluetooth decided it would let me make calls but not play any audio. Very frustrating. So I unpaired and of course couldn't get it to pair again. Had to use my trusty JBL Clip 3 to get me home with some tunes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Interesting threads being ruined by two posters bickering.

Tracking now says…. delivery by end of business, Thursday 8th of February…. 🥱.

I’ll just hang around….

• Registered Users Posts: 18,638 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I saw this weird reference info on my bank. Slightly panicked- did someone hack it etc?

Quick internet search of the reference- it was a company that deals with ticket/event insurance. Something I never intended getting.

I don’t know was it because it was an opt in or opt out. But I feel codded, even though the amount of the insurance ‘cost’ was less than the cost of a pint.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,287 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Came to the realisation that myself and other working class joes will never be going to an event like the superbowl. The NFL have priced out so many and really dont give a **** as they want all the 'A listers and Celebs'

$8000 just to get in to the stadium , that’s taking the pi$$

TA once again is sleeping. 😴

My neighbour ... booking in a delivery of home heating oil for 7am....

Kindly go and get hit by a bus... cùnts same crowd where the husband comes in from work at all hours of the morning, slamming gates, doors and just making a general cacophony...

When I lived in a house that had oil central heating the crowd we ordered from did evening delivery... if they hadn't I'd take the morning or afternoon off... People will appreciate the din those things make with their pumps transferring the oil.... its a complete racket... ffs... 7AM.... cheers.. but revenge will become mine 😈

• Registered Users Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

100%. These big events are for the rich now. Hard for ordinary members of the public to get a ticket, unless its in a lottery draw.

As someone who has attended 4 CL finals in the 90s and 00s, I checked out some ticket prices on reseller sites for finals in the last decade, and not a hope of me ever being able to justify paying those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Get on to your bank and get them to block any future attempts of payments to this company.

Especially if you don't remember the transaction. It is possible it's a scam, try to bill for a negligible amount then when that's successful bill for a larger amount.

It could be 100% legit but better safe than sorry.....pain in the tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That the PTSD Bank on O'Connell st in the Other Capital looks like a bank branch in Albania, grand building but a bare and stripped down, minimal service look to it. Took ages to process my basic transaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Toilet paper dispensers. Either a tiny scrap tears off in your hand or you nearly get your paw trapped between the rolls trying to get anything out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,638 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Is that the very hard of hearing neighbour you mentioned before?

That is another TA making a racket back the auld neighbours (both hard of hearing but not the type to admit it) are fond of blaring their telly, or your man blaring his music where I can hear base/drums.

But there is no point in doing the same back to them, because they wouldn't hear it!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

People using umbrellas with the spokes sticking out! It's a minefield trying to dodge them on a rainy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭BarneyJ

Whenever a podcast is advertised on the radio, the ad concludes with the words..."Available on Blah Blah or wherever you get your podcasts".

**** off you doses, we know how to find a podcast. You don't hear Brennans bread ads saying "Available at your nearest Spar or wherever you get your bread"!! Pr$cks!

That’s more than trivial for me . At 6’4” those spokes are level to my eyes . Hold it up or get wet short assed pricks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The weird dreams I’ve had the last two nights. If I describe the contents of the dreams here I think I’ll be sectioned in the nearest psychiatric facility.

Mater Private evening visitor hours which are 6.30pm - 7.30pm… 😵‍💫🤷‍♂️

how many people, living in a Dublin suburb will be of the ability to finish work at say 5.30pm and in rush hour traffic..

• get to the Mater
    • secure parking
    • walk to the relevant ward…

and be able to spend any reasonable quantity of quality time with a friend or family member…even getting there in a taxi it be difficult in today’s Dublin traffic…

the main public hospital has visiting 6.30pm-8.00pm which is satisfactory but 6.30pm-7.30pm ??? Erm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Are they strict though with it? The public is not. I hear there was discontent in the Mater Private as their canteen went cashless. I think a lot of older people wouldn't have a card. I'd say they'll change it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

In my experience of various hospitals once you keep volume down and hold yourself with a certain level of decorum they turn a blind eye to the time.

I think half the time they are delighted as someone is with the patient so they can get on with doing other tasks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement