Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you like to see the perpetrators of the recent arson attacks brought to justice?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

Although not born here, I often think that despite my accent, I have a broader knowledge and experience of life here than some of the younger ones that know everything.

Ireland always was a welcoming place and its great attribute was it's people.

Over the years we have gained a lot of material things, trinkets, baubles, garbage you need to be enticed to buy rather than need. The cost seems far too high. Wealth has increased astronomically, but intolerance has also.

Your comment reminds me of a favorite trick by reporters for the TV in the UK. It would be the BBC, I rarely watched much else there. Many times they would interview a black or brown person asking about migrants, invariably the immigrant was absolutely dead against further migration.

Whether to fit in, or a result of an I'm all right attitude I don't know, but it was a must for any report about migrants or asylum seekers.

Patel and Braverman have gone down a treat there too, two more disgusting festering sores on the backside of humanity would be impossible to find, yet in a country where they are not too quick to differentiate between the migrants and the kids born to them, they have gone down a treat.

Methinks racist immigrants and racist protestors have an affinity for each other that goes beyond geographic or cultural ties, they share a common bond that is forged through hardship and deprivation, I have not come across anyone yet that is racist and not suffering a severe shortage in the IQ department.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Okay so we've established that law breaking is okay as long as it is done openly and the perpetrators don't try to escape justice. So I guess all those Hong Kong rioters in 2019 are total scum, yes?

As much as someone born to Irish parents on holiday or working at least.

Should they be forced to abandon their sprogs at the departures gate on return?

Would they get a refund for hospital maternity fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Throw them in jail, take their house and move immigrants into it

Best way to sort it

Spot on!

Foreigners to a man, some not even havin' the English or the Oirish.

A fine team of Arsonists is needed, with a few drops of our own petrol, none of this foreign muck.

Rioting is not going to be easy with the living room burnt to cinders is it?

Arson will at least bring rioters into the open, the sneaky rotters wont be able to do it at home on the quiet!.

• Advertisement

I think you will find the people brining these properties down are not the elite workers in Ireland

A shower of useless f**k on the dole and nothing else to do is in reality who is involved

This is also not saying everyone at protest are useless f**ks

At least the immigrants have yet to prove themselves criminals, the possibility being a major fear of the 'er criminals :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Here in lies the dilema. Again its down to planning, with a huge amount of it being compounded by the housing crisis.

We do not have dedicated facilities to house Asylum seekers. We allow people to claim asylum Mount Street instead of at the border (Like every other EU country), this makes it next to impossible to identify them. We have bucketed Asylum seekers with Economic Migrants which is proving to be a disaster. The government is seriously struggling with this issue. If it had been planned and organized properly we wouldn't be having these issues.

On top of that there are other issues like transport and inflation that are really bugging the ordinary Joe. People WILL turn to someone that will listen if the powers that be won't listen. That's just the way humans are, we're hard wired for that.

Standard Government Modus Operandi: "This is an emergency!". "Come back when it's a Catastrophe".

Interesting. Although that news article is less than 35 days old. it probably hasn't opened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

If they had a single point for all immigrants what exactly do you think would be happening now? you would have these sc*mbag with a single target to aim for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭freebritney

So your advocating for the Israeli solution, I like it. Maybe go the full hog and shoot them as well.

I'm sorry @Clo-Clo but you're wrong. Mosney was left mostly undisturbed for a very very long time.

If genuine asylums seekers are housed out of the way in dedicated facilities people will leave them mostly alone.

And even in extreme scenarios it would be better for Asylum seekers as their is safety in numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No. Absolutely not. Segregating people and hiding them away as if they don't exist doesn't work. We've tried it before in this country with Mother and Baby Homes, with disability and mental health institutions. Asylum seekers should have opportunities like everyone else to be part of communities.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Well considering the removal of their property is for their part in destroying others property, one for one does not seem quite fair.

Hard labour is probably the best solution. twenty or thirty years labouring digging footings and carrying blocks for new homes and hotels.

Then shoot them.

100%

Once someone is granted asylum, they can go and get a job and work etc. But until they're granted asylum they stay in a proper facility.

Again I think a huge part of the problem is that Economic Migrants and Asylum Seekers and People that are victims of Human trafficking are all thrown in the same bucket. The system is overloaded and being managed incorrectly.

The Asylum process happens WAY faster if the IPO can determine exactly who you are (Passport/Some form of official ID). But most of the people showing up at the IPO don't have this. They are either claim to be a victim of human trafficking or they were "given a sleeping pill" in the country they claim to be from and "woke up on mount street".

This is all very strange given that 99% of people arrive into this country by plane and you need a passport to board a plane AND you're supposed to claim asylum in the first "safe" country you enter.... Like they're the agreed rules. But our system assumes everyone is playing by the rules, when in actual fact a large number of people are not playing by the rules.

No they won't, no matter where in Ireland they are put people will complain and the same groups will travel to whatever the location is to "protest"

Like most of those in the UK against migrants/ asylum seekers, they probably don't have the problem in their area and have to travel considerable distances to be offended.

London has the most ethnically diverse populations in Britain and voted remain. Brexit being favoured by the racists almost without exception.

When the water meters had to be installed they had huge issues down beside my parents, not a single person fighting with the Gardai/installers was from the area. Just a group of "salt of the earth" type people going around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭mikethecop

if your going to make stuff up at least try to be creative will you , the lazy repetitive posting is boring .

you could have equated the fat sad cowards that creep around at night with bottles of petrol with the rebels in star wars attacking the death star or something ....

you should try to figure out the blood sacrifice aspect of 1916 if your going to use it as an equivalence here

• Advertisement

There's nothing like having principles, it would be nice to see how they stand up to prison life.

I think water privatisation is wrong, but "two wrongs"...

I would imagine that water meters give a narrow window of opportunity for householders, in all fairness, if you do see it as your duty to stand up for what's right using criminal damage as your favoured tool, then the fact that fitting a meter to your house is going to be a bit of a turn off if it's in before you can get the white shining armour out must be a serious blow to the criminals ego.

Self respect is going to demand you go in search of things causing offence!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

What's been made up? Have you been drinking?

The fact is that there is no moral black and white here. People come to their own conclusions based on what they think of a particular issue, and it may conflict with their own views on something else. It depends as always where they stand politically.

I'm sure the same people who call arson in this instance a disgrace would have supported, or at least defended things like BLM riots or the HK riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Burning down buildings is putting lives at risk. So yes, there is a pretty clear cut issue there. I look forward to the day that they face prosecution. I'd also strongly suspect the kind of people doing it have an existing history of criminality.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭65535

1. The water meters did not 'have to be' installed - as was well proven by them now not being installed.
    2. No body was 'fighting with the Gardai/installers' - we were protecting our civil rights to protest.
    3. All protests in my locality were local so I've no idea what you are trying to say.
    4. We are still paying for water - it still comes out of the tap.

What a ridiculous statement.

Arson is illegal in Ireland, it's an infringement of the countries laws.

BLM "riots" in Ireland were met with community resolution notices, it appears that the BLM people have the moral high ground based on the fact that their "bad eggs" stuck around to accept blame and didn't slither off like the cowards burning down buildings.

So I would happily defend the BLM protestor and support his integrity merely for being open and accountable.

He should take whatever punishment is due however.

Rioting in HK would not be illegal in Ireland, so there is no case to answer, but the same goes anyway, the rioters would be totally beneath contempt if they sloped off alone, into cellars, bathrooms or toilets to riot out of the public eye.

People that burn others property down are scum.

Racists are scum.

Nuff said?

your moral compass needs a shake pal

burning out some ones property because you dont like how it may be used has no moral connotations just criminal ones

trying to suggest that ive said something I haven't or leap to conclusions biased on your own misunderstanding is making stuff us .

in the "simplest" of terms you can have politics or you can have force to run a county

if you choose force don't come crying when state agency's used it against you

*should apply to every one regardless of motivation BLM or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

They're burning down rumoured shelters now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭nachouser

Ah sure they'll be burning down new estates and apartment complexes next. Just in case any brown people might happen to move in. Can't be too careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

All the places that have been burned have been rumoured shelters. The difference is here is it was an unfounded one seemingly.

Not that anyone would know because the Department are so secretive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,180 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The brainless arsonists are out again. These acts should not be justified in any way, shape or form.

I bet the same idiots didn't even bother turning up to the peaceful legitimate protest last weekend. They love the anarchy of it all. Absolute brainless cowards. Shame on them.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Advertisement