Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S24 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

This is where it gets tricky, notifying them!

The number on the return form for cooling off period says to contact them on 0818 302 016 however the number always says Samsung are unavailable.

Live chat on Samsung Ireland site is only for UK and they redirect you back to same Ireland site.

Technical Support will speak to you, but then ask you to call the above number for returns, but it never answers.

I have diagonal lines running across my screen so I've been trying to return but it's an absolute nightmare!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I have seen that listed as a known issue with the phone

I do believe Samsung will give a little leeway on the 14 days. I'll be honest and say that I didn't pay too much attention to the large envelope my phone came in but I think I remember it should be used to return the phone under the 14 day cooling off period and possibly for warranty returns. It might be worth looking for the original envelope.

It won't hurt if you video record yourself try to get in contact using the number provided. With proof of not being able to contact them on the number provided, this must buy you a few days grace

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Barr

That's a faulty product which has 30 days not 14 .

The faulty products no. is 0818 717100

• Registered Users Posts: 33,913 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You have to enter your details on the site to see what current trade is. Inc imei.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

For some reason, technical support wanted me to contact the sales team as they couldn't assist. Have managed to get it sorted now for return just kept trying number.

They did say it's no problem returning it and tech support are actually helpful and nice to deal when you get them on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Trade in not accepted due to 'screen burn' which i never noticed. Have to pay €244

I had this issue with Google about a faulty floodlight camera. They uplifted it & wouldn't issue replacement until they received it in Germany or some other country. They then sent out a reconditioned one as a replacement. They point blank refused to give me a new one even though mine was brand new. I fought & fought with them. It went on months. Eventually they accepted that I had a right to a refund. Actually it was PayPal that decided this. Google fought it for months with PayPal dispute. I insisted I returned it under 14 days cooling off period. They said it was a faulty goods return.

Anyway my point is I'd rather send it back under the 14 days cooling off period rather than accept a repair or reconditioned one. Now this doesn't take into account any preorder deals that op might lose by return under 14 day, getting refund & then buying another new one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Was that the pre-order trade-in? I just checked and the advertising language says "Minimum trade-in value based on any smartphone, in any condition" for the 250. Screen burn should be allowed under "any condition".

Yikes , I didn't know this happened to phones .

What phone is it ? According to the video it says it only happens after "several years "

S21 Ultra

Going mad about it, I didn't notice it at all even on white screen

Suppose it could be worse and not paying the full €545 trade in value

• Advertisement

At least your still coming out better than trading it as a broken phone

It can happen within months. The brighter the screen the more likely it happens. S23u was the brightest phone I had but S24u is brighter again.

Screen burn will happen quickly if you play the same game for many, many hours a day. It's when the same graphics are used in the game for hours on end. Many TVs get screen burn if CNN News is on 24/7. The screen burn will be where the bright logo is on the bottom of the screen.

I wouldn't expect screen burn from "normal" phone use. I have had screen burn from a Samsung S8 within Carphone Warehouse 30 day return policy from playing a game 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭TheRona

I don't know if it's only related to the brightness. They have definitely improved OLED tech over the years. Back in the days of the S3, you could easily see burn-in on the screen in under a year. Back then, the LCD's the likes of HTC were running were so much nicer.

It happened to an LG OLED tv I had a few years ago

In fairness to LG they refunded me as it came with a 5 year warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 41 SungSamsung

Still waiting on the packaging for my broken phone trade in... well over 10 days now.

Emailed MacroEV about it but no response yet.

Has anyone that used the broken phone Trade in option received the mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭archfi

Just wondering if anyone has had previous experience of this before a friend of mine tries to get hold of Exertis by phone tomorrow.

If someone has decided to return under the 14 day cooling off period after using the phone for a few days (ie, setup Samsung and Google accounts), does that count against them returning the phone?

I've read their terms and there is a confusing bit here:

Note that where you have used the Goods or Services supplied to you to avail of mobile or fixed services before the expiry of the cooling off period you will be liable for any diminished value of the goods or service

Does that apply to a mobile phone that you've put a sim in and made a few phone calls on and data?

This isn't for me but for a friend (really!)

He'll be trying their phone number tomorrow to find out though according to their terms for returning, he doesn't need to do that.

To meet the cancellation deadline it is sufficient for you to send this Returns Form to us or notify us by phone, before the cooling off period has expired

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Cristobaal

For those who use the S24 Ultra, I would like to share a tip. Since the screen is quite bright, I have found that enabling the "Extra dim" setting can be beneficial. Additionally, I use dark mode to help prevent screen burn and preserve battery life.

A factory reset before returning eliminates all the above. It has to be as new though. No scratches, dings marks etc

Yeah that was my train of thought just wasn't 100% sure - phone is pristine alright just he didn't like the weight and feel of it. Or the screen!

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

The weight takes a bit of getting used to but the extra battery life makes it worthwhile imo

• Advertisement

Yeah, battery life to me is fantastic on it. And I like the weight and feel of it too.

Yeah delighted with Battery life and speed of the phone atm

Updates might make it better too

I ordered on the 17th Jan and never heard anymore about the broken phone .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭mossie

I emailed Macro EV today and they told me they're is a long backlog and I won't be penalised for late return of my trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Glad to hear that's the attitude they will take instead of making it awkward. They would lose in the end in small claims court but thankfully it shouldn't have to go that far for anyone. I'm away for a while soon so it'll be extra delayed unless it arrives tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 amitbora12

Hi

I have ordered on 18th Jan for Voilet 1TB but still nor received. I mailed them multiple times but no satisfactory updates. As per Exertis, stock will be back on 23rd Feb and i don't want to take risk of losing promotions. I want to change colour as Black is available but they are saying not possible as I need to cancel and order new one.

Any suggestions how I can deal this situation?

I would wait it out. Phone might be in stock sooner than expected. Cancelling the order and starting from scratch will be costly, especially if quality for the free watch 6. This alone has to be worth €250 if selling it on Donedeal

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

I ordered my 512gb on Monday and it arrived yesterday. My Buds 2 pro are approved and pending shipping now as well.

I'm supposed to be sending back an old Nokia but no mention of it yet, I doubt they will even look for it. IMEI was never asked for during the trade in process

It's a very minor upgrade from the s23. I much prefer the feel of it in the hand but that's about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭TheRona

Did anyone get the Smart View Wallet Case? Mine came last week, and I just realised it was supposed to come with a screen protector. Does this come in separate packaging? I think I threw everything out.

From reading the reviews on Amazon, a lot of people were expecting a separate screen protector, and they didn't get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I got that case but I saw nothing about a screen protector being included and I didn't see one in the box. Box might be in the bin outside but I'd want to be sure it is worth going digging for. Where does it say it should have one?

Advertisement