Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Yeah - heading off to Sandringham for privacy - I wish him well but I’m conscious the press release didn’t say “Stage 1”- it said they got it “early” which is different.

Let’s hope for the best.

Maybe this might encourage Meaghan to even reach out privately to her dad and reconcile. When yer gone yer gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭suvigirl

When not on official state business.

they do drive themselves also, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

The Duchess of Sussex has reportedly given Harry her 'blessing' as the Duke intends to spend more time with his father in the UK.

"Meghan has given him her blessing to do this as she knows family is paramount. It's early days yet and they are working out logistically how they can make it work as Harry's life is now in the States with his wife an kids. Harry and Wills have always been there for each other through tough times, and it looks like they will restart building their relationship again. The brotherly love never really went away. It will take time."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

Yes, family is paramount as Meghan's dad would tell us. I reckon Harry will be flying back today or tomorrow. It appears that Harry only met his dad briefly before Charles travelled to Sandringham.

• Advertisement

Sometimes it’s like I’m living in a parallel universe. Meghan now a champion of the family

it was also so magnanimous of Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, to give Harry her “blessing” to spend time with the King.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 40,105 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Flying back already apparently. He probably shouldn't have aired his families laundry publicly, revealed details of their private conversations and accused them of being racists. God knows what else he has said and done in private but I'm sure we'll find out in the next book. They don't trust him not to leak details to the press clearly. He couldn't even get on a plane without announcing it and having the paparazzi ready at the airport. He has well and truly torpedoed any relationship with them. Sad.

Spotted again in Heathrow. Talk about a flying visit!

• Advertisement

Harry on his way back to Montecito. Looks like he took it upon himself to dash over; he apparently overnighted in a hotel. Whatever about the King being pleased to see him, it's pretty obvious that William wasn't going to countenance a meeting with Harry. Harry's comments about Catherine in his Magnus Opus Spare won't be forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

If William is currently staying in Kensington palace, its 2 miles from.Clarence Hse (where Harry met his father).

If William is staying in Windsor estate, its 22 miles from CH, but only a few miles from Heathrow.

If any of us were flying out of Heathrow in the morning or afternoon, and had a sibling living in Windsor, most of us would stay with them right. Shows just how sour the brothers relationship is.

Its very sad. Even if you dont get on great with your sibling, wouldnt you want to see your young nephew and nieces.

Harry's plane will be flying over Windsor on take-off. William was in the Castle today. Bridges well burnt.

Has he no friends left to catch up with? What about the Spencers, I thought his uncle was offering him a place to stay? Seems a waste to come all that way for one night. If he really cares he would stay for a while, be there for Charles during his treatment etc

His wifes supporters/paid bots are putting out horrible stories about all the Wales' though. Williams affair, Charlotte being a spoilt brat, Catherine having an eating disorder etc etc. I'm sure the RF know exactly where the stories are coming from. Good on William for putting his own family first. How could you accept them being part of the family after that? It is sad because they did seem very close, despite the attempt by h&m to rewrite history

It's hard to make sense of Harry's rushed flight over, a short visit to the King and then, after a few - probably fitful - hours sleep, an eleven hour flight back. Even with the benefit of first class travel, that's an arduous trip. The immediacy points to a serious prognosis which, hopefully, it is not. And the demeanour of the King when he appeared briefly on his way to BP didn't echo that. I don't think that an invite to Sandringham would have been on the cards, either. Charles loves the place and will not only be able to find peace and solace there but also respect the Late Queen's tradition of spending her father's anniversary there.

I think it's highly unlikely that Harry would be welcomed by William, and wouldn't be at all welcome by the Wales family, as @ceadaoin. has explained above. It's quite possible that William has already made his mind up about how to treat H&M, cometh the hour.

His wifes supporters/paid bots are putting out horrible stories about all the Wales' though.

Meghan is paying people to put out stories that Kate has an eating disorder?

That's a pretty meaty claim, I imagine you wouldn't make it without some sort of evidence.

You would wonder why he decided to come in the first place. Maybe he wasn't asked and decided to come anyway. Or was the arrangement to only stay for one night?!

So the thread has descended into point scoring over a son visiting his father who was just diagnosed with cancer.

Pretty crass, but unsurprising.

My thinking is that King Charles probably called Harry as close as possible to the public press release around 6pm on Monday - to prevent any leaks. Harry's reaction would likely have been to immediately jump on a plane. I'd easily be persuaded that Charles actually asked him not to rush over. Then proper planning could have taken place.

Of course, I get it that whatever Harry's reactions and actions were, he'd be criticised because of his track record. The blast of publicity about the flight - I read somewhere that the press statement from the Office of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex about Harry's trip was released within half an hour or so of the general announcement - made the shocking story in large part about Harry, not the King.

• Advertisement

It does seem odd to me that apparently they only met for 45 minutes and now Harry is on his way back to the States.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I doubt that he was invited, tbh. I imagine he planned staying longer but - understandably, imo - didn't get any encouragement to do so.

Fair point. Maybe it was a last minute plan to go to Sandringham. And after all, Harry can't expect anything else but cold shoulder treatment after all he has said and done.

Sandringham was already arranged. The King had come down to Sandringham for 6 February but then had to come to London for the first round of treatment. He delayed the helicopter take off from BP so they (Camilla was there, apparently and understandably) could meet Harry

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

Disrespectful and petty from the Royals as usual. Wouldn’t even give Harry a room to stay in, with each of them having multiple properties and himself and Meghan having spent a vast sum of money doing up Frogmore. Did they ever get reimbursed for that? Everyone else in the Royal family are doing their houses up for free at the taxpayers expense. All this nonsense on here and online, “Good on the Royals, I would do the same” - just serves to deepen the rift. That’s not what I thought Charles would want. Camilla yes, she seems like enemy no.1 to Harry especially after her meeting Jeremy Clarkson at some event and he then subsequently released a hideous article about Meghan being dragged through the streets to get abused. But I guess that’s ok because it’s Meghan. It’s not ok if some people are tweeting re the Wales, Williams alleged affair and the state of his marriage to Catherine and her health status though. And somehow that’s Meghan behind it according to one post here with no evidence? Seriously deranged people on this thread re Harry and Meghan. Double standards apply thanks to the British media brainwashing machine.

Anyone see a picture of Kate since? Any update on her condition? Where’s William? Did he meet Charles? Daily Mail article was strange saying William would be concentrating on his family with crown and country both needing him at the moment.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The way it was reported was that Charles delayed the helicopter journey in order to meet briefly with him. I imagine it was always the plan for C&C to go to Sandringham.

It looks like Harry hot-footed it over as soon as he heard about Charles having cancer, rather than it being a case that Charles invited him.

Going by the photos at Heathrow, Harry planned staying longer than one night, but took the hint when he wasn't met with open arms* 😁.

*Again, understandable, on the part of Charles, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Diaries are also mapped out months in advance - between William minding Kate and stepping up to do some kingly things, I’d doubt he has a moment to SPARE🤪

I can only say that, if my brother had spent the last few years shatting all over our father, his wife, my wife, my daughter (the ultimate trigger for a Dad!) in every form of media known to humanity, writing (with considerable help) a book, leaking bile to a sycophant mouthpiece "reporter and journalist", and so on, I wouldn't offer him the dog kennel. But that's just me.

Harry arrived without any planning. He met with his father. Job done, Harry, now off you go.

This thread is about Harry and Meghan. Start another one if you're so keen on derailing this one. It's currently experiencing the sort of projection and manifestation that are the leitmotif of H&M's output.

How do you know that he didn't stay the night in Clarence House, for example? And would you stay on good terms with a family member if they had been so openly critical of you? The ones I see as being disrespectful are Harry and Meghan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

You’re the only one trying to derail the thread. Let’s just state the obvious, Harry and Meghan are the son and daughter in law of King Charles. His brother is William is the heir to the throne. Both William and Camilla have been accused by Harry of leaking and planting negative stories about him and his wife to the press in order to avoid ‘other’ stories being published about them. The are certainly all relevant to this thread.

Kate is sick - this is Harry’s sister in law he was once very close to. It is also William’s wife who is Harry’s bother. We don’t know her current condition. This is big news and could have big implications for the Royals, along with Charles’ illness. Harry and Meghan I’m sure are fully aware of this too. If you are attempting to silence a discussion about Harry and Meghan’s family because you don’t like hearing inconvenient truths regarding the hypocrisy of posters re Meghan and Kate, go start thread yourself.

Advertisement