Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRH on Trade Republic

Options
  • 27-12-2023 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hello, I logged into my trade republic account having intentionally not checked my holdings with some time. CRH no longer seems to be trading on the site, for over a month no fluctuation in price is shown and more shares cannot be purchased. I tried to sell a small portion of my CRH shares and an alert states that the security is no longer tradeable at the exchange.

Has anyone experienced the same issue, and what does this mean for me now trying to retrieve my shares? I have contacted traderepublic for advise, but in the meantime I'm hoping someone here can shed some light?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Can't give specific advice but I'd suggest that it relates to them changing from the Irish exchange to the US exchange last month.

What I've seen previously done is they sell your full holding at the date of delisting and then repurchase them immediately on the new exchange at a set price.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭notsocutehoor

Your CRH shares are now in Computershare US - your nightmare is about to begin!!!!!!

You should have received a raft of paperwork about the transfer (took place in September).

You can try ringing 01 6968467 for a start (you will be transferred to Computershare US) and then your fun begins.

I can only wish you good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jant2

I have been advised that I can transfer the shares to another broker in order to dispose of assets. I communicated with Trade republic and another broker, they have not highlighted any issues with this transfer(yet) !! I will update if/when the transfer has taken place, it may be of interest to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Actioncomet

You are now in a hostage situation, your CRH shares are now the hostages, Computershare are the hostage takers, the demands for ransom will begin when you try to dispose of your shares. CRH have really landed their Irish small shareholders in the proverbial, your problems will be Manifold... you are now receiving profits from the US which you should probably be declaring on your tax returns in Ireland, just to further complicate your life , the US tax authorities are also deducting tax until Computershare put the shareholders tax status in order. The Computershare portals have been in decline for over a decade, they are almost unusable now. Fyffes did the same and their shares are now Dole. The fan is going to get completely clogged with the proverbial now. Some American states have a thing whereby they consider certain shares to be abandoned property and they confiscate them. They even send you a letter to your address to tell you they can't find you and then they ignore the replies. I may just put the CRH share Certificates with the Irish Life and Permanent share Certificates (Remember them) on the toilet roll holder.

Spot on, Computershare are an absolute nightmare to deal with (and that is being the kindest I can be), and it appears that CRH are more than happy to ignore any issues their shareholders are having. Only positive is there has been a significant share price increase since the transfer, not that that is much use of course if you can't get access to your shares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Hi all,

Apologies for hijacking.

bit of a rookie but just wanted to get some info on moving my CRH shares to another broker. I have no interest at the moment in cashing in as i have only a small holding so i’m presuming and hoping that the Computashare issue doesn’t affect me.

But i would like to move them from my own Goodbody custody account which ia costing me a 100 a year to a free brokerage firm. Goodbody have said that there would be no issue transferring.

I have just signed up with Trade Republic for lump sum savings.

I have also have an account with Spreadex and eToro but i’m not too keen on their charges or stealth charges.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

Computershare are holding shareholder support sessions in Citywest on 3rd/4th/5th September, I would encourage everybody to attend and be forthcoming and forthright.

Advertisement