Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Therapy - Troublegum the 30th Anniversary Tour

Thu, 31 Oct 2024, 19:00

3Olympia Theatre, Dublin, D2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Thankfully he made Funeral. If they were just another indie band theyd be cancelled now.

Like Chris Rock said about Michael Jackson: "Thats how much we love Michael, we love Michael so much we let the first kid slide...."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

whats the part of the URL needed to get to the MCD presale link on ticketmaster again?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭thebronze14

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Not you at all Davy, sorry, I never intended to infer that. I just meant in a more general way with the public. When someone is accused of something the shadow of Harvey Weinstein often hangs over it and public figures get condemned without investigation or due process.

• Advertisement

Firstly, I read the article at the time, and again this afternoon. You do not use the word ‘alleged’ before accusing Butler of sexual abuse and harassment. You have entirely weighed in behind the testimony of one person who may or may not be telling the truth. These are allegations and you have clearly defamed a public figure with your statement.

I did some legal work in this area for two decades in London and am continuously astonished by the naivety of people in repeating an accusation as a fact with only scant knowledge of a case. It’s dumb and you are potentially liable to litigation with your personal details easily discernible. You are, in fact, spreading the misinformation you accuse me of.

If there are criminal proceedings and Butler is found guilty of any assault I will strongly condemn him and refuse to further line his pockets. If there are no criminal charges forthcoming I hope you shall admit your false statement and apologise in some way to the musician concerned. The courts are full of individuals telling lies. In this instance we don’t know which of the two is telling the truth. If the police deem it worthy of investigation then we should get (most of) the truth as electronic communication will reveal much. Until then please allow due process to take its place and do not condemn without facts. We are far beyond the witch trials of Salem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

One for progheads, Riverside gearing up for a UK tour in May that possibly includes an Irish date.

Announcement next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Full Therapy tour dates confirmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Fanirish

I used the terms “alleged victim” and “he was accused” so your first point is totally invalid as i haven’t defamed Win.

you spread misinformation by saying all the women approached Win when he approached one of them through social media. You are liable to litigation for defame the alleged victim by stating that they approached him.

you spread disinformation when you stated “nothing approach criminality “ when detailed in the pitchfork reporting is allegations of sexual assault.

shocked that two decades in legal profession haven’t informed you that sexual assault is a crime.

then you dip into classic “courts are full of liars”.

i can condemn on the investigation and half a dozen testimonies of people who have accused Win of sexual abuse and assault.

People are allowed to condemn or not condemn based on the information and evidence publicly out there.

people are also entitled to not condemn if they want to. such is the world.

You used the word ‘alleged’ two paragraphs after making the declaratory statement of criminality. You would not succeed in defending an action for libel.

What is your source for him approaching a woman on Instagram? It’ is not the Pitchfork article so please provide a link to accredited media.

Courts clearly are full of liars and in this instance there is one. Either Butler or his accuser. In all likelihood we’ll never know because this I do not expect to legally develop further.

Thus far there are no charges against Win Butler despite invitations from law enforcement for anyone to come forward. It is very easy to make accusations. And rely on dupes to repeat them without investigation. It is much tougher to demonstrate that an individual has committed a crime.

Our courts, and those of Canada, offer protection to both victims of assault and those falsely accused. You have made your judgement based on very little. One person accused Win Butler of sexual assault. ONE. Not half a dozen. Think forensically not viscerally. You could find yourself in a position someday where an accusation is made against you. Would you then wish the accuser to be believed in all instances without due process? Therein lies injustice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Was more curious how you got the free tickets! Did MCD just pick people at random who had got tickets to them before or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Competition a couple of days before the gig, win 6 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

They put up a thing on Instagram sometimes, I won 2 Alter Bridge and Andrew Cushin tickets from them before

• Registered Users Posts: 21,355 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ugh it'll be midweek I bet. Hopefully not, might still try get to it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,775 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I was on at 759 and got in right away. Row A in circle, not into standing if possible.

Didn't make the last one, but a very strong headliner at Prognosis in the Netherlands, was only partial to them prior a friends fave band.

I believe Button Factory sold out afaik you'd imagine perhaps another stand alone Dublin show wonder if they play it safe and go another round there go Academy or elsewhere.

They prob wouldn't play again so soon if it wasn't for the quite handy Polish contingent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Night and Day festival teasing an announcement in the morning https://twitter.com/NightDayFest/status/1755314325336596732?t=u0p_IbU6BmN8RbtpURiB0A&s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭sh89000

Trying to give them a listen atm.....they seem to be on the festival circuit alot this summer.....seem very popular....did they not play workmans lately? Or was that a last minute intimate gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

someone on here had a code for free tickets on ticketmaster on the day of the gig. Seemed to be plenty available

Workman’s was a late show after they supported Hozier the same night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Are promoters deciding to go for 'half capacity 3Arena setups' instead of going full capacity in turn handing out freebies through multiple channels to fill the place ?

Busted last October was 'sold out' but top sections were closed off and half standing capacity. Can't recall many comps for tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Unless they can guarantee they're going to offload and seat the entire top section with freebies (which they never can/will), it's better (when they realise that gig hasn't a hope of selling out) to have the top tier sectioned off and call it sold out after the lower tier is filled, looking "full".

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The upcoming Judas Priest gig in the 3Arena is a lot busier than i expected in terms of ticket sales given the upper sections are open for it

Looking like the Anthrax gig will be a half capacity setup

Anthrax is a strange one, might do alright on the strength of the package.

They seem to be closing the UK and Ireland portion they are clearly more popular in UK and on paper the most known name.

However recent history in Dublin shows Kreator and Testament drawing more, I saw Anthrax doing their best album in full in the Academy wasn't sold out (granted they did Belfast too) and the following times here were all Slayer warm ups.

Last Dinner Party added a date in Belfast and a second night in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Bell X1, Mick Flannery, Cry Before Dawn, Mik Pyro, Dea Matrona, Aibhe Reddy among the latest additions to Night and Day

The Sat there is good and has most of the acts I’d like. The rest a bit meh I think. 2023 stronger, particularly with Mercury Rev.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Fanirish

3 arena has a number of configurations: off top of my head:

1) standing & all seats upstairs

2) all seated

3) standing and first section upstairs

4) small standing area & seats

for likes of busted it was always planned to be the smaller configuration. Promoter and agent would have agreed fee on that configuration. so no need for freebies as they sold out the capacity they planned for.

3 arena charge different rents based on configuration. So if you don’t need upstairs fully open you save a ton.

opposite for The Smile which went on sale as configuration 1) full standing and all upstairs seats open for sale. They have now moved people to into the middle blocks and would expect them to curtain off the back half of upstairs and move everyone who bought those seats closer in the front blocks as it isn’t selling. Promoters will lose money as the fee was based on full capacity 3 arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There's also a configuration where the side blocks are taped off the whole way up. That said, sales are usually relatively decent for that configuration.

Advertisement