Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Heated seats and steering wheel and the ACC would be big losses, you can use and feel them every day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭CoBo55

That's dreadful, I'd definitely look at the born, you don't get the granny charger or the tyre inflation kit but neither are that big a loss. An EV without heated seats is a disaster, I like the steering wheel too, first time I've ever had one🔥

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭fafy

But the ID3 Pro “Plus” has most of these added + Matrix lights (formerly a 2k cost option)for an extra €800.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭joe1303l

€800 extra would seem a no brainer. When you say “most”, what is still missing compared to an October ‘23 version ?

Looks like from the 2024 brochure for Pro Plus, just ACC, Matts, granny cable, and mobility tyre repair, but one should check this with the dealer.

But Matrix headlights, is a major edition to the Pro Plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

You'd presumably lose the excellent smart regen feature if you didn't have ACC? That's a big loss in itself, on top of ACC and heated seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

Heated steering wheel?

I have an 232 ID3 Pro, if possible would appreciate info on how to heat the steering wheel, im slowly gathering and using the info on the other workings of the car, thank you

On the top bar, tap clima, when this screen opens over on the right you'll see a rectangle with a steering wheel graphic, tap it once to turn on to 1, further taps will cycle to 2,3 and off. If it's anything like the Born, 1is more than enough to roast your mitts🔥

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Update 3.2.1 is coming in next few weeks OTA. You should have message in your on line myvolkswage where you give permission to receive the update. Something to do with data protection no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,452 ✭✭✭✭fits

What do you think would be a reasonable asking price for a 212 Tour with 70000 km? No bumps or scratches at all. Wondering if it will be easier to move before warranty is up. absolutely none for sale online.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

The three options are clear, just wonder what folks consider when they reach this point.

I need to check but my guess is I have exceeded the mileage ceiling

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Mileage only comes into it if you hand the car back and walk away, obviously it affects the trade in value too but not in the 10c per kilometer sense.

Is this a Tour 5 seater ? I ‘ve seen one or two private sales, reduce to 28k ish, as they obviously were not selling, but that was 2nd half of last year, and with a lot less mileage than 70k, so i’d say realistically circa 25k may shift it.

No it’s a four seater. I think it has a better spec. Eg massage seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Split the difference between a 58kwh id3 and an id4 77kwh from the same year and mileage as a starting point?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,288 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I have the same car I think. Also curious on value although 90% sure I'll just be keeping it come September.

4 seater also has - Head Up Display, but not Area View, that was only in the 5seater i understand.

That won't make much of a difference difference, possibly a faster sale.

There are some pie in the sky asking prices for 2021 ID3’s 58kw, there are more than 30 priced at more than 25k on done deal, most are dealers, and they are not selling, probably deliberately overpriced, in order to artificially inflate trade in values of a potential customer with a trade in.

About 21 to 22k sounds about right for a 201 58kw ID3 with the most desirable extra the Matrix LED headlights included, remember, all have the 3 year warranty expiring this year. Add 3k ‘ish for the bigger battery & extra spec in the Tour.

There was a 2021 Roscommon reg for sale for more than a year on done deal, it dropped by 5k to 28k overtime last year, and went off done deal recently. No idea if it sold, but was way overpriced. If you want to sell in a reasonable timeframe, price it right.

I understand some 2021 ID3 Tour owners on here, got trade in prices from VW recently and they were very poor, at just over 20k, might be worth doing that to confirm to yourself how poor the pricing really is. Or, just hang onto it

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

Picked up a 202 1ST PLUS 5DR for less than 18k last week. They don't seem to be selling 2nd hand at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I was offered €23k trade in for my 212 Tour5 in December. I’m planning to keep it at end of PCP but will consider my options if value drops below GMV (around 18k).

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

Ya private. A few things to sort with it such as the drop links (not sure if it would be still covered by VW as I think they were a recall), but decent value. Seller had it for sale for about a year so was keen to sell it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

A few things to sort with it such as the drop links (not sure if it would be still covered by VW as I think they were a recall)

Its out of warranty so they can tell you to get lost but its definitely worth an ask. It will really depend on how much the dealer is willing to do for you. Since you didnt buy from them they may not have much interest in chasing a goodwill gesture.

The drop links are quite cheap and any mechanic should be able to swap them out for you so you can always avoid the stealership if you want.

Picked up a 202 1ST PLUS 5DR for less than 18k last week. 

That was €40k new. So a tad over 50% depreciation and its on its 4th year. Its about right in a functioning market. Good car and well wear!

Is the car on software v3.2?

NOTE: There is a new update being sent out to go to 3.2.1. When you have your account setup you have to specifically go into it on the web and enable OTA under the "Vehicle Consent Management" section. You wont get the OTA update otherwise.

GFMv on ours is 23k. But we’ve exceeded mileage obviously so I don’t know how much that will cost us.

Just need more boot space. But nothing out there hitting the mark

The tour is best out there for range for the price. ( maybe with exception of model 3 long range)

Do I need to do that with the born too? I haven't received anything since I got the car in July.

This might give you an idea, of the excess mileage versus agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

A recall means it is a manufacturing issue so you are covered outside the VW warranty, up to 6 years.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer/shopping/guarantees-and-warranties/

I dont think it was a recall. Its just a known issue which they have been fixing under warranty. Outside warranty you are in goodwill gesture territory.

Being a suspension part I think they have the right to just say no. They fixed one of mine under warranty, second one is gone now (out of warranty) but Im hopeful they will give me the warranty on it as I did ask them to replace both at the time and they said they wouldnt, but they would look at goodwill gesture if the second one went in the near term... which it did!.... booked in in a few weeks time so Im hoping for a zero invoice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement