Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,099 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Harry’s frantic dash over and back, telegraphed to the Press by the Office of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex 

Have you a link for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

For someone who preaches about carbon footprint, a 22 hour round trip flight for a 45 minute meeting is absolutely ludicrous.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

And Harry has continually done the right thing by his father - attending his coronation and visiting him when he is well. And no, you didn't mention William. I did - to explain why he doesn't want to have much to do with him or England who treated his wife so awfully (and continue to do so).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Advertisement

That was a very **** thing William did (via Knauf) to Meghan from Harry's point of view. My point is that it seems to be a common opinion that Harry wants to get back into the RF. Thats nonsense that he would want to do that bearing what has gone on. Harry doesn't want back. He doesn't want to be the Spare again.

How is it obvious that they want to hold onto the royal connection. Harry is royal. That can't be changed. He doesn't need to do anything to be part of the royal family. His father is still King, and his Granny QEII was queen before him.

(Similarly, for Prince Andrew. As much as many would like it, they can't change who his mother and father were).

What has the connection done for H&M. Thousands of hate filled articles about them and can't put their nose outside the door as they will be stalked by paps. Thats what the connection to the Royal Family has done to them. They have to spend about $3million a year on security because of that connection and their family have received death threats from deranged royalists/white suprematists/racists.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

He doesn't actually preach about carbon footprint. That would be the other brother who is big into climate change, hosts a gig every year and ships in people like David Beckham from Dubai to Boston (return) to be present for the dinner. He also has his own personal helicopter which he uses to get to work in central London every day and has several homes in the UK which he uses occasionally (and claims to want to solve homelessness).

As regards Harry - the plane was going anyway, with or without him.

Note the word 'reportedly' in the article. William is the climate change brother that has his own personal helicopter, not Harry. H&M didn't hire a private jet to bring them to the Katy Perry concert (and they don't own one). Perhaps the owner of the jet (oil billionaire Michael Herd) is the one you the Independent should be writing articles about (or how about they write an article about William using his chopper to go to work every day)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Seems Harry was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

Had he not visited his ill father he would have been the worst in the world.

But then he does visit his father & it not long enough for people's liking and he's damaging the planet.

No win situation for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

For me, it’s not just his hypocritical stance on travel, but Harry preaches down to the great unwashed that they should travel environmentally

Harry has repeatedly stressed his eco credentials, including to Oprah Winfrey on Apple TV two years ago, saying: “I believe even more that climate change and mental health are two of the most pressing issues we’re facing, and in many ways linked.” Harry, 39, and Meghan, 42, launched the Travalyst initiative in 2019 to urge the tourism industry to be more sustainable. In 2019, the couple faced criticism for taking four private jet flights in 11 days, including to Sir Elton John’s home in Nice, France.

And in 2021 Harry boarded a 20-seater plane for a trip home from a polo match in Aspen, ­Colorado. Former Lib Dem MP Norman Baker, who has studied the environmental impact of Harry and Meghan’s use of private jets, said: “There’s only one thing worse than damaging the environment unnecessarily through travelling habits and that’s being hypocritical about the importance of climate change. [They] fail on both counts. If you can’t stop travelling by private jet, at least shut up about climate change.”

A source said the private plane Harry and Meghan used is owned by a pal, who owns a property on Canouan. They added that the couple took a commercial flight from California to New York ahead of the conference, before flying home on another commercial flight from Atlanta. Representatives of the Sussexes were approached for comment. Harry previously said he travels on commercial planes “99% of my life” and occasionally needs to “ensure my family are safe”.

Ensuring his family is safe is a great fudge. I don’t think the children fly at all. And it’s obviously for safety that H&M jet around to Jamaica, Cancoun or wherever. Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Funny how the MSM just whip-up the hate constantly and gets jo public to do its bidding, rinse and repeat. It doesn’t matter if the rest of his family do the same or worse, the accusations only fly his way.

Today’s Daily Mail continuation of the hate is the worst yet. Do they want them dead? Obliteration? Why not stop reporting on them for starters, eh?

Why on earth would he want to remain in the U.K. any longer than he needs to be, given this is the mainstream attention he gets.

That article has crossed a line for me. It’s totally disgraceful. Tom Bowers ought to apologise.

I really don’t like H&M’s behaviour, but “obliteration’ is an appalling word to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Has PMorgan made a remark about doing something physical to Harry? I thought I saw something earlier today.

It really is horrifying and seriously threatening. Sometimes you can tell on Harry’s face he’s scared, with good reason going by this out put.

Again, if they want the British public to forget about the Sussexes, stop writing about them. Put them on ignore. It’s not complicated or difficult.

Good grief! Has the MSM lost the effing plot. This is dangerous stuff.

Agreed. His flying visit was sufficient to let anyone half interested in all of this know that Harry is completely out of favour (duh) and has no future in anything monarchy so I wonder why Bower is so worked up. The media really needs to tone it down in terms of coverage but it's all about the clicks sadly.

• Advertisement

Piers needs to be dropped from all media outlets after that.

He's looking for publicly, but that has crossed a line. I doubt Piers would fight his way out of a paper bag.

They sound like post on here, but over did it slightly on sherry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Extraordinary headlines alright - between obliteration and incineration they’re certainly violent words- a lot of us here (you know who you are) have I think, rightfully called out Harry and Meaghan on their ridiculous reaction and response to their current condition - of their own making to a large degree.

And yes others disagree- and that’s what this forum is all about.

The arguments will continue back and forth - but I don’t think any of the regular contributors here have wished them death or serious injury - on the contrary a number including myself have wished they choose a better path than the hate-fest they’ve created for themselves.

It looks like the media have knives poised - it won’t be pleasant. this is much worse than we’ve seen to date.

Reconciliation between Father and Son I don’t think is an issue in that they’ll always talk, but not necessarily agree but love will always be there- but maybe a respectful love Vs a warm love.

Between brother and brother? Jayzuz that’s different - I think Harry pretty much went down a path of no return - even if they’re civil, he essentially cut the brotherly relationship permanently with his book - there really is no going back with the written word- arguments behind closed doors, absolutely - but not when you commit it to a “bestseller” .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

Why is 2 brothers not talking to each other such a big deal?

Siblings fall out, sometimes over stupid things. There is literally millions of siblings on these islands that don't get on or talk to each other.

But for some reason these pair of entitled pricks not talking is some sort of epic tragedy that people are concerned about.

William is suppose to a complete prick, he doesn't have that great a relationship with his father either. Which isn't surprising since he father acted like a gigantic prick as well.

It's hardly a shock.

And therein lies the fascination with it all. Everyone has a family. A lot of families fall out and this is a famous family going through a famous (and ongoing) falling out.

Fascination over siblings feuding, especially these pair of rich dicks?

They are hardly the Gallagher's are they?

If Liam and Noel reconcile at least we might get an album out of it.

If these 2, what is is net effect? The Whole root of fúck all.

How many fall out after a racism accusation in an interview with Oprah, a tell-all Netflix series and a book though?

They'd fallen out long before that.

But.

I know 2 brothers who haven't talked in 30 years.

They fell out over a donkey.

That is far more interesting.

• Advertisement

He wrote a book and it sold millions. People are interested obviously.

Advertisement