Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OOHPod - New Parcel Locker Service - Open Courier Access

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Tork

I got let down by OOhPod this week. The courier wasn't able to gain access to the locker and had to ring me to ask if there was another address he could deliver the parcel to. Eventually, the problem got sorted but it doesn't fill me with any confidence for any future deliveries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,429 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Have used oohpod 5 or 6 times this year with several suppliers and it was seamless and hassle free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Whocare

Avoid like plague. Have a delivery to pod first time using it and seeing by an post tracking it was out for delivery this morning and then we tried to deliver and now back at depot I guess going by what on this thread thay have no one to sign for it what a joke of service oohpod I thought post man would get code or something from pod anywounder why he didn't delivery if can't get any proof of delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Masala

Just came across this OOHPod service and was excited..... but then the above is disheartening. Was looking for an AddressPal alternative and so was excited.. for around 24 hrs! And Trust Pilot review are nothing to write home about!

Is there any 'positive' stories ....??

So... is it back to AddressPal then for us all???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The problem is that its offering a service that could be used to facilitate smuggling. It is not legal to have goods shipped from the UK to the Republic without paying VAT and duty. Amazon won’tt ship to drop off points in NI for this reason.

There will never be another Parcel Motel for this reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

^^ Very true about legal/illegal bit. However, it's grey area. Seller/sender don't know for sure if item would be smuggled South of the border or not, it's solely recipient's action which makes the whole thing illegal. ;-)

That is probably why there are a good few "parcel storage" facilities near the border offering temporary storage and collection. They assume it's just for the convenience, obviously not asking people who collecting items if they're gonna smuggle it or not. They (service providers) just don't care, and (I am open to correction though) if they claim they're not aware what's gonna recipient do with collected item, they're safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭JVince

Most of the poor reviews are from users who didn't understand the service.

They failed to read very clear information and then blame the company for their own inability to understand basic details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just used this service today for an eBay purchase. First time since Parcel Motel ended. Oversized item delivered to the Jonesborough Oohpod depot. Seamless service and impressed with the setup there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 viewer

I have used the Jonesborough oohpod many times over the past few years including some oversized packages and have had zero problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭rpirl

Was very lucky with a delivery yesterday, the courier company brought it to the OOHPod and opened a locker but ended up leaving the box outside because the locker that opened wasn't big enough and they didn't hang around to actually open a locker that would do the job

So when I went into the shopping centre at about 7.30 pm the box had been out for nearly eight hours in view of the public and next to a busy Re-Turn machine

Hadn't even intended to collect it as soon as I did — even though I got the parcel I'm trying to figure out if I can get anything out of that (multinational) courier company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I'm trying to figure out if I can get anything out of that (multinational) courier company

Going by my past experience with multinational courier company (UPS), I'd imagine zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Sn@kebite

I'd love to use this service but the couriers just don't know how to use the locker machines or they don't trust using them which fair enough.

I got an email offering me 1 free use of the locker. But I just don't think I can trust it as the drivers need signatures from the recipient. That's what I think is creating problems. Where Parcelmotel UPS signs for it and had their own drivers to deliver the parcels out to the lockers.

It's such a shame PMotel is gone. :( There's no service of the same type now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭rpirl

Any ones that AnPost have delivered for me have been fine, that's maybe 5 out of 6 so far.

Advertisement