Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Absolutely floored with a head-cold that (judging by the piercing pain in my lungs occassionally) seems to have progressed to my chest too.

Can't get a doctor's appointment, nor a day off work, so may just soldier on, but the prospect of getting my arse soaked off me in the forecast rain tomorrow isn't appealing in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

A lad asked me earlier if I had bought him a ticket for a festival( ForestFest)...I said I hadn't and I said "Sure you still haven't got paid in full for last years one"..thick cheann on him...He has enough for drink and powder every weekend though !!

Oh F##k off.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

The strange vaguely luke warm wet blackened things called chips in KFC. Bleurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've just cracked a piece off a back tooth. Dentist here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Hmmm, I'm glad I don't work where you work. Record yourself coughing etc etc and get a sick note when you do manage to get a doctor appointment. If you have private or work healthcare you might be able to get an online apt.

If you are sick you are going to spread it to others and you are not helping yourself getting better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Can you get to the out of hours doc? Caredoc , Midoc , whatever it's called in your area?

TA , I had seven pages of TA's to catch up on here .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

For the last week or so I thought the touchpad on my laptop was going faulty, all sorts of odd things happening. TA'd it only occurred to me tonight to check the settings and sure enough some tap and drag and some other setting was ticked. Must have been an update or something because I didn't change them. Was quite annoying 😀

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I can’t believe I’m cheering for the 49ers this weekend .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,287 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

But not the 49ers .but against the Chiefs I have no option .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I was almost at the end of typing a post highlighting Bus Eireann’s never ending incompetence and the page decides to reload itself. I completely lost my post as a result. The site mechanics have gone to the dogs. I’m raging now because I lost everything I typed out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Getting worse too. A real TA… though If I’m posting any substantial body of txt after every sentence or two, I hit the ‘save draft’ button… at least that will make the page retain whatever text you’ve written up to the crash.

That I was making coffee and the power has gone . Also there's snow on the ground

😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

But the snow on the ground will make some people happy.

Wake me up when it's all over.

One good leg and a cane = VERY wobbly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Haven't had a sniffle in nearly six years and had to come home from work sick yesterday morning.

In bed since. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Drivers who seem to think the speed limit in the auxiliary lane of the M50 is lower than on the mainline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I don't know brother but I've yet to see the word rashers on a menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Went in to grab a coffee this morning, but they couldn't take my order in the place as the register was down. However, my TA is that they could accept online orders, presumably because its fully automated aside from physically making the coffee.

Have we really become that dependent on technology that having a broken cash register means you can't just accept cash, figure out the change, and then put it through the register later?

I stay home all day awaiting this delivery… one hour until end of business but not here yet, grrrrrrrr. I’m guessing I’m going to be shafted on this one….

• Advertisement

I was shafted on this one but a very professional and helpful person working for the courier company has assured me it’s down to them only receiving my package today from the clothing company I bought from and not in time for today’s delivery cycle. I’ll have it tomorrow…….anyway…

• Registered Users Posts: 18,638 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I can never spell "manoeuvring" So why do I insist on typing it???

It is one of those where autocorrect is of no help to me. It goes that badly.

I give up...

It is "shenanigans" in future for me instead.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Regularly, when I'm out on my postal route, and happen upon a customer on the road that is expecting a parcel, I flash them down, and give it to them there and then. At least they physically have it in their possession now and it saves me a stop/ writing out a DIB. They are usually happy that I showed initiative. I even did it twice today in the pissings of rain, and they were delighted I flagged them down.

Then there is the (very regular) parcel getter I met later in the afternoon. For context, she lives very close to a bad bend and always has her manual gate closed, which means I have to park up in a dangerous spot while opening the gate and do the same exiting. Never has the wherewithal to perhaps keep it open during the rough window the postman usually arrives (and her dogs are ALWAYS inside so aren't a flight risk). Would hardly even open the door for me if she knows I'm lugging a heavy parcel.

So I spot her out walking her toddler in one of those new fangled prams with the massive storage pouch underneath the carriage. Right says I, she'll be happy enough if I give her the parcel now to save us both the hassle (and it 100% would have fit in the pouch) Pfft, looked at me like I had two heads and abruptly told me to drop it at the house without even a 'please', 'thank you' or even 'do you mind?'.

Now I'm ratty enough as it is due to my dose and long hours lately, but her rudeness really TA'd me.

The trend for growing beards . Mostly because of a immac related episode when I was young , and bitches for cousins, I can’t grow an even fuffy beard . It’s very trivial . I’ll just have to be a moustache man . 👨

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Shop assistants who bundle clothes into a bag instead of folding them after you buy them.

Now, I am not a petty man, but if that were me I would have rushed to their house and left one of the notices saying you tried to deliver, they weren't in, and they can pick it up at the delivery depot. OK maybe I am petty.

I always make a point of taking them out of the bag at the counter and folding them properly before putting them back in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

I was very tempted to do that earlier today 😅!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Reminds me of a Tweet I saw recently-ish where the Tweeter was like "The woman behind me in the supermarket earlier put the till divider down for the guy behind her and he didn't say thank you, so she just silently picked it up and put it back. That's the level of petty I aspire to."

I 100% concur.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement