Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Wrestlemania 40- 6th/7th April 2024 'spoilers'

Comments

So Cody either loses on night one or he beats Rollins and goes into the match against Roman with the bridesmaid belt. And if Cody beats Rollins hasn't he finished his story?

It'd then have to be a unification match.

Cody can't lose at 'HIS' Wrestlemania and there's 0.0000% chance of a unification match.

EDIT: To be honest, I see so much wrong with this proposal that I could edit this post from here until Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,065 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What's everyone's thoughts on Cody not ending the story and Roman winning again ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I will say the most dominant champion in a generation or two looked like a complete wimp and the weakest of the 4 men on stage.

Roman looked small and weak and over shadowed by Seth, Cody & The Rock on stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No way I want Wrestlemania again with Roman's hand raised, give Cody his moment finally

Could Rock be playing Roman, ultimately helping Cody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Cotts72

They way they stood side by side I'm wondering if Rock v Roman is going to happen now as they appear united against Cody...if Cody beats rock then it makes rock look weak going up against reigns...

It will be interesting to see how this plays out

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If there is a tag match at EC surely Jey would tag with Cody since even if Seth is good to go (which he probably wont) they might want to save him to make sure he is at WM. Although I guess Jey vs Gunther at EC with Jimmy costing him the title.

Overall it was a bit of a meh press conference but getting a more heel Rock for once might be decent but still makes no sense how Roman/Rock were set to fight each other a week ago and now stand tall with each other, also the fact they got so pissed over Cody saying their fathers would be ashamed of them was kinda weak imo.

IF its a 3 way can see Cody getting the win (hopefully pinning Reigns), Rock raises his hand out of respect. Sets up Reigns loosing it over the following months which leads to the one on one match with Rock/Reigns at Summerslam?

I didn't get why Seth stayed on stage once Cody picked Roman

Big E mentioned Rock on the board, essentially being Cody's boss but that it's Cody's time

It felt like an old school Jerry Springer segment but it worked as Rock sold being really pissed off and angry

Punk said Cody and Seth should be slapping people 😄 I'd keep Punk as guest commentary while recovering

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don’t believe for a second this was the plan last Friday, but fair play, they pivoted quickly back to the right direction. And a Heel Rock is something we’ve not had for so long, that makes me way more excited. Throwing Seth into the mix on stage also left us with loads of combinations, stories and so on.

If you ignore the aspects of Smackdown that directly contradict this, this is a great direction to be going, story wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Bloodline Rock.

Hook. It. Into. My. Veins!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't ever recall WWE having this much momentum, when has a wrestling press conference ever felt this important, between this and the Netflix deal WWE feels red hot at the moment.

They place the last week so well to recover from the colossal mistake of making Cody step aside. And they still left it with more questions than answers giving people a reason to keep tuning in week in week out between now and Mania.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Put him in Roman's corner make it look impossible for Cody and let Cody overcome the odds.

Have Rock and Roman clash after the match and there's your main event for Summerslam or Mania 41 in the bag.

Heel rock will make this feud so much better. Especially if him and reigns start squabbling over leadership of the bloodline. I'd love to see Rikiski and Jacob Fatu enter the mix also to elevate it further... Really stack the odds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And then you can have Roman as the red-hot babyface they’ve tried so hard to create since 2014, and it’ll actually feel right this time. He’s been a legendary heel but it feels like they’ve taken that version of Reigns as far as it could ever go now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's heel Rock but it doesn't seem like goofy Hollywood Rock. It's just him being intimidating and aggressive so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yes!

It is funny to see Rock walk in and take over Reigns spot as leader.

At least they have started to create a reason for a future Roman v Rock match, having them pal up before their realtionship breaks down actually gives them a reason to have a match that did not exist before.

Cody can also wind up Reigns now by saying he has started to take everything from him, just like he said he would, as Reigns is now behind Rock instead of head of the table.

In am odd way they have started something that makes the road to Mania interesting and started telling a bigger story even if that was not the intended story.

Big E played up the fact Rock is on the board after the moment so I’m guessing this is a new Corporate Rock.

He could become this generations Vince if he wanted. Minus the raping and pooping on heads 😂

• Advertisement

I don't think he'd become an authority figure like Vince.

For one, he's too busy and two, when Vince was an on-screen authority figure, he didn't mind being the butt of the jokes; pissing himself, having his head shoved up Big Show's hole, getting his head shaved etc. I'd say Rock cares too much about his image to be clowned on in WWE.

Also, he's still The Rock, he'd overshadow a lot of babyfaces even as a heel authority figure, but this short corporate run could be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

they'll claim this was the plan all along, but not a chance. however, it has played out beautifully.

Bloodline Rock is a great pivot.

So Cody will finish his story at Wrestlemania. It doesn't need The Rock, but they may still insert him as something like an enforcer to stack the odds a little more. But I've little doubt Cody gets the belt at WM40, as he should.

There could still be a scenario where it's Rock/Reigns vs Rhodes/Rollins on Night One, with Reigns v Rhodes on Night 2.

I also think this is the start of the Roman Reigns babyface turn with Rock/Roman at Summerslam for the title of Tribal Chief. He's already taking the position of little brother in the dynamic, walking behind Rock and taking his lead, and I think the story will see him rise up after not being able to take it once he loses the title.

I don't think Gunther can leave the US atm with this visa so maybe Jey will be Cody's partner vs Roman/Rock. Jimmy can cost him the match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Officer999

I watched the presser back and thought it was excellent. It really felt massive with Cody picking Roman and Rock going full blown heel. As someone mentioned earlier it felt way more than a presser and they have serious momentum now. I thought Rock played off the heel role beautifully, he had such presence on that stage.

Agreed, especially when he cursed out Triple H when he was backstage. Really interesting to see how they push this heel Corporate/Bloodline Rock

Punk was doing good shít-stirring on the panel too. Saying stuff like; "Rock is his boss, right? Hit him back. I shouldn't say that...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just watched. It does now seem like they planned all this. Still strange.

Wonder why Cody didn't have his music play to interrupt The Rock instead of just speaking.

Good seeing Big E again and does Punk have a neck injury as well since he seemed very stiff, turning his body instead of his head?

And it seems like they're just saying Becky will win the Chamber.

I don't want to see Cody in any match other than the main event vs. Reigns on the Sunday night.

It cheapens his story, all for the purpose of shoehorning in an unwanted and unneeded Rock.

TKO Holdings taking a leaf out of its other company with that thing last night night

The only thing missing from last night was Dana White he would have done a better job than HHH hyping.

That only thing missing was going a UFC style weight in be fore that face off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Trying to remember from previous press conferences, did Triple H go by Paul? He was introduced as Paul "HHH" Levesque then Jackie called him Paul backstage.

The press event Pulled in some serious numbers for them. Product is read hot at the moment.

• Advertisement

a friend messaged me asking the same thing. Going he’s HHH since when are they calling him paul. I imagine this is a TKO move to make them feel more sport like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,154 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He's definitely been referred to as Paul "Triple H" Levesque for at least the past year anyway, i've noticed it in any of the pressers i've watched... can check out Saxton introducing him at the wrestlemania press conference last year;

(20 minutes 18 seconds)

I can safely say I have never watched a press conference until the mania 40 kick off one. The hype was too much not to watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,154 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ha, fair enough, really can’t blame ya 😅

I throw on the post-event ones sometimes, can be a kind of interesting weird mix of kayfabe and real. And man, what a total pro Cody always is! You’d genuinely think he was the actual boss usually. That’s the EVP experience I guess.

Teaser trailer for Wrestlemania (because apparently we're doing that now...)

I have no idea what they're going for with the way they're featuring all 4 of them. Tag match on one night, title matches the next? Just plain 1-on-1s? 4 way for all the belts?

The day that’s in it, I’m presuming that ad, at that lenght, is going to be airing at some point during the Super Bowl.

It’s weird, it 100% implies Rock and Seth are heavily involved in the main event now. Are they in the corners? Are we getting Rock vs Seth (which I think would be a brilliant story tbh; Rock winning the title, Roman losing his, and then Rock vs Roman can play out whatever they originally had planned). Big match for Seth too.

but.l.how does the EC fit in. rock going to be in the chamber to win it and set that match up? Or maybe we just run Rock/Roman vs Seth/Cody on night one, and Roman vs Cody on Night 2?

I'd love Seth Vs. The Rock but DM Hunk deserves something also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

Sami Zayn again?

Would be fun if he went after Dragunov/NXT champ or, for the biggest WrestleMania evarrrr and since they have some kind of relationship now, whoever the TNA champ is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭Petermc83

It be happy with Cody vs Roman vs Rock ( Cody wins)

Seth vs DM Hunk vs Sami ( McIntyre wins)

Gunther vs Jey Uso ( Jey wins to free up Gunther for a Cody title shot)

Becky vs Rhea ( Rhea wins)

Bayley vs Iyo ( Iyo wins with help from Dakota who turns on Bayley)

Logan Paul vs KO ( KO wins the US title)

LA Knight vs AJ Styles ( LA Knight Wins)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I've been out of the loop for a few months now. What has happened LA Knight and his "story". The bloke seemed destined for massive things.

Does he not fit in with Seth and the other title?

• Advertisement

Seth is on Raw, LA Knight is on Smackdown, LA Knight did well for himself but he is only a temporary Main eventer, his in ring work is average his character work is fantastic. I could see him beating Logan Paul for the US belt at Mania myself.

Has WWE aired ads before in Superbowl prime slots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The amount of blatant misinformation allowed to be posted on that platform is simply staggering. Like, the guy is flat out lying about what went on to suit his own agenda!

And you can't even report it for misinformation is the shocking thing, it's not an option when you hit the report button.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The worst part is there are people commenting under that guys post believing what he is saying

It's guys like that, that make you understand why the Rock has and had some understandable trepidation about going heel again it wasn't about wrestling or movie fans it was about guys like that using it to attack and lie about real things the Rock does.

What happens if Cody only wins the WWE title and Roman keeps the Universal title.

Roman then keeps the Universal title till he breaks Hogans record of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Correct - The WWE Universal Championship. It's just the one Championship now (2 belts)

It won't be separated. If it did there'd be 3 World Titles then which is obviosuly not gonna happen.

Advertisement