Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The population of Poland was 35million though (in 1938 according to wiki). I think that makes the Gazan deaths greater per head of population

• Registered Users Posts: 51,743 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just watched a video of children crying with hunger on Instagram and MSF workers pleading for food to be allowed in. Its harrowing. Something needs to be done to avert a much larger death toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭dmcdona

But you stated the anecdote was meaningless. Now its very good? You're posts are becoming quite confused and confusing.

0.006% of Polish population

0.009% of the Gaza population

50% more Palestinian civilians killed per head of population compared to Polish civilian deaths.

• Advertisement

well if as the example used by the poster as Nazi bad behavior of 200k civilians from a population of 35million were killed by Nazis in the invasion of Poland in 1939 then Israel are worse for killing 30k of a 2.1 million population in Gaza (if we assume at 14k of 30k in Gaza were civilians). I dont believe the IDF are as bad as the Nazis but I could see how the numbers dont help their case that they care about civilian life.

I dont think they thought their example through, as it makes the Gazan casualty rate look much worse. The Nazis would hardly be described as being careful about saving civilian lives in their invasions.

I only compared the numbers that were given.

Israel is certainly not being "careful" about protecting civilian lives and have been pulled up on it many many Nations. And as the ICJ ruled, the SA case calling out Israeli Genocide is plausible to the extent the ICJ ruled Israel has to comply with 6 preliminary measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭political analyst

The difference is that Israel doesn't have an equivalent of Maurice Papon, who worked in the colonial admin in Algeria after WW2. By the way, the first massacre in the conflict was committed by the French - at Setif on VE Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭SeanW

Yes. I think Israel is (as it has been since 1947) fighting against those who want to wipe them out. So I support them and their fight.

Not unquestioningly, and I don't defend anything that's a clear war crime, but in broad terms, I support Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Rezident

That is who they are trying to eradicate from the Middle East. For starters. That is why they started this war and have promised to do it again.

The Palestinian leadership are open and honest about this, as opposed to their useful idiot supporters in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TelephoneTag

Israel and its clique/allies in the west are behind this war and have driven decades of misery there and across the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Rezident

It is war, the Palestinians started the war and they could end it anytime by releasing the hostages. Why don't the Palestinians want to stop the war?

Are those figures according to Hamas? Hamas 'figures' are about as reliable as those of Putin. Also, they will naturally include all of the Palestinians murdered by Hamas, they kill anyone even suspected of collaborating with Israel or the US, plus all the people their thousands of homemade rockets sometimes fall short and land on. They killed c. 500 Palestinians in the Al-Ahli hospital alone when it was hit by a Palestinian rocket. It is unclear how anyone could still claim to believe everything Hamas says? Do you really believe everything Hamas says? Like inside your human brain, right now? Seriously?

They don't just kill Jews. They kill Christians, atheists, gay people, even Muslims who practice a slightly different type of Islam. And we know that even their own women have not exactly fared well for the last few hundred years. Radical Islamists do not appear to be able to live in peace with anyone, anywhere in the world, even in fully Islamic places.

And by hiding among Gazan refugees and ordering them not to leave an area after Israel has just warned them it is about to be targeted, they are effectively killing them too. The Palestinian terrorists even hide in hospitals killing their own injured women and children. All just for some PR that will be spouted by useful ideologues like you, who know the figures cannot possibly be true. Do you still believe everything that Hamas, a literal death cult, tells you?

How very unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nickkohl

Has everyone already forgotten about Ukraine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Gerry T

When will the UK stop being the USAs bitch, its embarrassing. I haven't yet seen it said in the media, but someone needs to start asking the question, 'can the USA and possibly UK be help accountable for the genocide by Israel' this needs to be highlighted to put pressure on these two.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You brought your personal story into play here. All I am saying is that you have made a good case for the elimination of Hamas, an organisation whose only aim is Genocide and Jihadist violence against Jews. That is all.

It was not our example.

A poster made a clumsy comment about how "Israel is worse than the Nazi's". Which of course is preposterous.

We know that in the first 6-8 weeks of the Invasion of Poland, the Nazis killed many more civilians, to draw some loose comparison. But that wasn't the end of it.

When the war was over, Poland lost approx 6 million people, almost 1 in 5 Poles died in 6 years of war.

And this was just in Poland....

More QNN propoganda?

You do know that they have been banned from multiple social media platforms for their history of misinformation and disinformation, yet you are OK with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

Sadly, probably not. This is the other side of the same stupid coin where people equate Palestine=Hamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Ironic that Hamas was created by Mossad. Israeli intelligence knew about the planned attacks at least 12 months prior to them happeneing. If anyone felt a sense of disbelief that Israeli intelligence didn't know about this, then they were right to do so.

Prior to the attack Israel had been staging aggressive raids into Gaza, killing hundreds, including scores of children. Some journalists even asked why:

Israel raids: Why are so many Palestinians being killed?

It's almost as if they were deliberately provoking a response, got what they wanted and suppressed the intelligence about it so they could then over-react and clean out the Palestinians en-masse.

They really are a nation of cunning butchers. Prior to current events the death ratio was 18:1, that is Israelis killed 18 palestinians for each of their own who died. It's going to be far worse when next the numbers are tallied.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,520 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

As I have said MANY times before when you have tried to play this card.

Instead of attacking the source why not instead discuss the content?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A deal that sees Sinwar exiled is looking more likely. Well this is assuming the IDF don't get to him first.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Biden is on to them. They are Israels agent provocoateurs, used to stir trouble when a reaction is wanted to take action against:

I made a case as to why the Palestinians react to being bullied for 75 years by the Israelis and turned your own narrative on its head. That is all.

I see you're still peddling your factually incorrect ICJ material too which is remarkable given the preaching about "misinformation". The ICJ only made findings against Israel as regards genocide:

1. For Israel to take "all measures" to prevent acts of genocide from taking place - FAIL
    2. To ensure the IDF does not engage in any acts of genocide - FAIL
    3. To prevent and punish public incitement to genocide, including by government and military officials - FAIL
    4. To enable basic services and humanitarian aid to reach Gazan civilians - FAIL
    5. To preserve evidence related to violations of Genocide Convention - TBD
    6. To submit a report to the ICJ within one month on all measures taken - TBD
    • Genocide
    • 2000lb dumb bombs
    • White phosphorous
    • 260 infants less than 1 year old murdered
    • 90 children killed daily - every single day since 7th October
    • Sniping nuns, civilians carrying white flags and sheep
    • Refusing water, food, fuel and medical aid
    • Looting, stealing and rifling through knicker drawers
    • Leaving infants to decompose in an ICU unit
    • Bulldozing cemeteries
    • Bombing ambulances
    • Razing universities, schools and places of worship
    • Destroying hospitals
    • Zaka filming PR videos on Oct 7th to raise funds
    • Deliberately Targeting children and "safe areas"

Because the source IS your tweet.

We have no idea where that video comes from, if it legit, if it is altered, if its taken out of context, nor verified.

Never mind the accusation of the video that are just left there hanging with no verification in of itself...

At the end of the day, you are happy to spam this thread with Tweets from accounts that are known for spreading misinformation and disinformation. That is what you are doing at the end of the day.

Israeli intelligence knew about the planned attacks at least 12 months prior to them happeneing. If anyone felt a sense of disbelief that Israeli intelligence didn't know about this, then they were right to do so.

Id like to see real actual evidence of such an accusation, and not some random guy with a Twitter account or podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,520 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Did you even watch the video? It's in English so it's not hard to understand, are you saying we shouldn't retweet anything if you don't like the source no matter the content?

I'll post what I want from where I want, if you haven't the respect to discuss the content then feel free to put me on ignore, we all see what your agenda is when you choose to attack the source.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Mossad are ruthless and indifferent to the killing of non Israelis, but I have a hard time believing they would sit on their hands and allow Israelis be killed en masse. Everything they do , whether you agree with their actions or not, is done with the mindset of protecting Israelis. I think they were asleep on the job as it were. Intelligence agencies are not infallible, they get it wrong sometimes. Dief kept the planning of this operation to a tight circle. The US has assessed that even the Iranians didn't have foreknowledge of what was going to happen. It's possible that at some point information was dismissed that something might be up due to complacency . I don't buy either that Bibi as ruthless and cunning as he is would have wanted these attacks to occur. He would surely know it would destroy his reputation as "Mr Security".

Advertisement