Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivers who must have won their licence as a prize

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

the car ends up in a tree ffs. the internet was obsessed with a few cyclists breaking a red light in england last week lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It was in clane apparently, doing over 100kmph and clippped the kerb from what I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Clane bypass. Loads of housing on that but the walls are the height you see on that video the whole length of it on each side. Hotel exit just up from that and it’s a busy road. Roundabout is huge. Not sure how you could loose it on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

pps wheres my wheres my rte macaroons,kevin?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

speeding apparently and clipped the kerb and lost control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

mustve had the throttle buried in the floor...yeah wouldnt surprise me that they were on the phone too...

i work odd hours/shifts so im on the roads at all sorts of different times and in all weathers and an awful lot of drivers are simply shite plus theyre doing everything possible EXCEPT drive the fcukin car...the old lad i bought my first motorbike from way back in the 70s said something that has stuck with me since "if you drive like every other fcuker on the road is out to kill you,youll do fine" i listened and im still here...

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

pps wheres my wheres my rte macaroons,kevin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭saabsaab

There are still many drivers out there without a licence..drive like all other drivers are idiots and you will be right most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭pcardin

Indians?! lol. Its Irish who cant drive. Living here long enough and been driving in many countries enough to know what I'm talking about. The daily dose of idiotic driving showcase is presented by Irish. You guys are great craic, decent people, good musicians, great sense of humor, but not great at driving. Its just not your thing.

• traffic rules. What's that? Never heard of. You enter roundabout, expect anything dumb to happen at any moment. Right of way? Who cares. Yellow boxes? Those are just neat empty places to park my ass. Traffic lights? Don't get me started...first 4-5 cars jumping red is like a national tradition. If you don't do it, you must be an eejit.
    • lane management. lol. what's that? Irish chose the lane to drive like they chose what shoes they gonna wear that day. And stick to that no matter what. Middle lane is the preference, does not matter how many lanes road can have. Even if any of M roads would have 7 lanes (none in Ireland luckily), Irish would be in the lane 4. Doing 60km/h. All the time, even at night when the whole motorway is empty.
    • Lights. Fcuk them. Irish don't need them. Any of them. "As long as I can see the road ahead of me, I don't give the **** about the rest around me." Luckily, new cars mostly have auto-lights. Yesterday morning at 7am on N11, very dark morning + lashing rain. At front of me maroon qashqai with no lights. Rear window had L and N stickers on. What's that about? One retard passing its "wisdom" to the next one? I know the law in Ireland states "Just after the beginning (dusk) and before the end (dawn)" which is bizarre already for such a dark country but everyone interprets dusk and dawn as they wish. For many neither ever comes as it seems.
    • awareness. complete lack of it. Driving on left lane at 60km/h, gonna change my lane now to right, a car behind me driving at 120km/h, fcuk them. Sense of speed? What's that? "I switched on turn signal when you were just 50cm away from me, didn't I?!"
    • joining motorways. Ooh, too scary. "I better stop completely before joining the lane with cars doing 120km/h. They will brake and overtaking me and I will flash my lights at them madly for the crazy maniacs they are.

And nothing changes. 2004 or 2024 same level of dumb ape sh1t driving skills. Lots of things have changed legally - no more driving alone while you are still learner. Mandatory 12 (or whatever number) driving lessons before you can take test. Result - still see cars with L plate and single person in the car. We all know older folks driving skills were mad, at the end of the day big portion of them never had to pass any test. Hope was that during last 20 years every new generation will be better. Well, not there yet. Every day you see something exceptionally stupid on the road the chances are car will have a N sticker in the window. How come?! Why?! is it because the driving wisdom was passed to them by their mum or dad who found their license in the cereal box? Aren't you supposed to be with the most fresh knowledge of the rules, you just passed your test ffs. How can you drive so idiotic? There is a white polo often on M11 with N sticker doing while sh1t. If anyone honks or flashes at their dumb driving, they turn on blinking FU finger emoticon positioned in rear window. Better invest your money in driving skills you dumb clown!

Garda traffic corps. lol. Is there actually any in Ireland? Don't think so. You see them as a accessory to States revenue service collecting money for no-tax, no-nct, and speed traps. Ah, and random alco checks for PR purposes. That's it! Have you ever seen a traffic Garda taking aside the middle-lane-clown or a clown with WX reg going southbound on M50 with no lights at 10pm and giving them a ticket or at least a slap? Have you ever seen them going after those 4-5 cars jumping red light? I have never, not even once in 20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

I swerved and managed to avoid them but what I cannot believe is...............some joker just pulled out in front of me with barely a few meters between us only I managed to swerve into the filter lane............

Swerving, in particular panic swerving at the last minute, is a dodgy habit to get into. A lot of the time, you can be in the wrong depending on your actions. I've been almost taken out by more people jerking into my lane to avoid something than I have by the usual manner described here. If you end up on top of a cyclist, under a 40ft lorry or on the wrong side of the road, it'll be on your head. It's a hard instinct to fight, but sometimes you're better off getting into a minor crash than you are causing a major one.

• Well the options were

quickly move right (the lane was clear and no oncoming) or be T boned.

If the options were side impact on the passenger side or a head on collision I’d have taken the hit to the passenger side.

Of course if people drove with a bit of cop on neither would be necessary to even think about!!

• i agree though it would be better to have a minor crash than be flattened by a lorry. 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I don't disagree with the broad thrust of your comments.

I will point out that a vehicle with an LG plate and an unaccompanied driver is not necessarily a sign of an unlicensed driver. It may well be that they haven't bothered to take down the plate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

You won't always have a clear lane with no one oncoming, is the point I'm making. If someone gets into a habit of swerving every time instead of braking, there will eventually be a case where swerving was the wrong option. It's a bad habit to pick up. There's countless videos on youtube of people trying to avoid fender benders and causing major accidents and even fatalities. Everyone's first instinct should be to stop first and foremost.

• Yeah if it wasn’t clear it would’ve been slam the brake and hope for the best. 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭highpitcheric

Dont believe indicators.

They're a signal of what someone was thinking 2 seconds ago, that can change. Not a guarantee of whats about to happen.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The only thing a flashing indicator tells you is that the bulb works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Plenty of people advertising Irish licenses online for a nominal fee. Based on the images they look very real. Quick way to get a license

• Advertisement

• Yeah except even the most elaborate forgery is as good as a crayola drawing when stopped and a garda checks the driver number.

There’s then the insurance, tax and NCT (or lack thereof) to explain which obviously you won’t get without a licence.

naturally that would require Gardai to catch them in the first place..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Advertisement