Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Klopp also saying there is flu in the squad.

Bradley still away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

time of the year for it!

Bradley will be back training next week. In fairness he should get all the time he needs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

He would need to prove himself first as a coach, plenty of talented players have made poor coaches and plenty of players who never made it as players went on to become top coaches and managers. Whoever is the new manager is likely to bring his own coaching staff in, so can't see why they would bring Thaigo in as a coach especially if he wants to continue to play. If he goes on to prove himself to be a top coach then I'd have no problem with him coming back sometime in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,100 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, as I said, that would be predicated upon him actually having impressed a bit during his few months of doing a bit of work with the coaches and the kids. And while the new manager will bring their staff, it can only be a benefit to have a little crossover between regimes. There usually is. Ljinders was there under Rodgers for instance, and stayed on under Klopp, as did Michael Beale.

He likely wants to play on, so can't see why he'd stay for a coaching role. He's already missed a lot of playing time and will be a long time retired so I'd imagine he will want to play on and go to the likes of Inter Miami to play with all the ex Barca guys there. He will get plenty of opportunities to go into coaching in the future when he's retired

Maybe - my original post was in the event that he retired. It could go either way for him... if he's actually out for this season, that'll be the bulk of 18 months to 2 years out, which is something that would cause a lot of people to call it a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,515 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

(I'm aware I'm part of the issue bringing this up but...)

Saw Curtis is on Football Focus tomorrow, the one clip is them asking him about the Arsenal celebrations and him being a bit mischievous with his reply

Then I saw the BBC headline on Arteta's press conference is his response to bring asked about them

No one cares! It's pathetic what a circle jerk football media has become

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Marcelo Pitaluga ( the 'keeper Pat's have on loan from you ) currently playing v Shams in Presidents Cup Final

Half time now, but loive here...

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1djxXNwnOVEGZ?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah, could never be a bad signing for me cos of that period alone.

PFA website literally describes him as the "brilliant Thiago"

Klopp downplayed the severity of Thiago's injury in his presser anyway, said it's a muscle injury and not cool, but "[Thiago] is not a big injury, definitely not, but it's something nobody needed."

So that's good, after some of the earlier reports saying he was out for the rest of the year, that's a bit of positivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Positive he could be back but he's like Keita. Seems only a matter of time for something else to happen if and when he comes back. No idea of timeline but he won't just walk back into the team if he does get fit again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Look, the way I look at it at this stage....

He's a crock, we ought not to rely on him doing anything on the pitch this season. However....

Is he a good egg, a positive about the camp? If he is, then keep him involved about the place for the season. What's the harm? He's getting paid either way, he may imbude a few tips and tricks to the younger lads, he might just be a warm body in training, and if he can contribute a few minutes late in a couple of games to save someone else's legs between now and the end of the season, what's the harm?

He was a gamble signing, a bit of a luxury really, but we did need someone like him to unpick the massed defences we were facing back when he was signed. He had some great games and great moments with us, it's just a pity he couldn't sustain it, but I don't think there has been any questions about his attitude or anything throughout his career.

Kinda like a Ferrari or a Lamborghini: high maintenance, a bit unreliable, prone to breaking down, but boy, when he was purring, he's a joy to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

That's right.... He won't get an extension I'd say, but what's the harm keeping him involved for the next 6 months and let him contribute if and when he can.... Very much bonus territory of he can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Allison not in the squad apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Sure he will be staying until the end of his contract, premier League is over in May , not looking likely he will be making much of a contribution on the pitch, hopefully he will but time is running out.

• Advertisement

Allison and Gomez, both big losses, if not involved, plus Konate out too, at least Robertson is back, but, this Burnley match has just gotten more difficult

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,232 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Rumoured team:

Kelleher

Trent

Quansah

VVD

Robbo

Endo

Mac

Jones

Diaz

Nunez

Jota

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,515 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If we can’t beat Burnley because we’re missing our best keeper, then we don’t deserve to beat them at all. They really shouldn’t be getting many chances at goal even with Gomez and Ibou missing.

I know you can’t take any games for granted, but I’ll be disappointed if the game is even a contest. Burnley have been woeful all season.

That looks very good, considering who's missing

This is who is missing

Allison

Bradley

Matip

Konate

Gomez

Tsimikas

Szobo

Bajectic

Thiago

Salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭.red.

Elliott off the bench is probably the most realistic game changer if needed. It looks threadbare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I'm assuming Ali and Gomez are out because of the flu? Like not injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

on tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,982 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Interested to see if Mac plays further forward here, hoping he can unleash Nunez/Diaz with his passes through the lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,232 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Advertisement

Gomez wasn't spotted training on Thursday,no mention of an injury in Klopp's press conference yesterday,so hopefully he had the flu at that stage and hasn't recovered yet

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

Premier ireland

Add Doak and you'd have an XI you'd expect to win this match too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Kenny Cunningham is the ultimate pain when covering any game!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Today was the day City overtook. Need a series of miracles now.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Steviemak7

Loving his 2-2 score prediction. He just can't even pretend to hide his bias against Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Anything other than 12 points from the four games before we play city and the leagues gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

City have it wrapped up again, or maybe Arsenal. All I know for sure is that there is no way in hell Klopp wins the league in his last year and sails off into the sunset. Simply not gonna happen. So it'll be 1 league for Klopp in his time here and 1 that none of us were able to even celebrate properly so it may as well have never happened as far as I'm concerned or even worse cos we will never get to celebrate our first title in 30 years ever again. The joys of being a Liverpool fan. 🙄 It would be nice to win the Europa or a domestic cup but the league is the only thing I care about winning and finally celebrating tbh is the league and now it may very well never happen in my lifetime.

This post may seem negative but it is simply reality and please feel free to quote me on this. We will probably win today tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,778 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Septic opening 7-8mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Very sloppy start. Burnley having most of the play.

My imagination or do we often start games very slowly these days?

Well done Kelleher

VVD well beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Wakey wakey

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Kelleher has started very well, the rest of the players need to wake up a bit.

Better

Diaz the outlet. Need more of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

Quick pass from Endo, then a lovely first time cross from Robertson there. Always cool to see the ball moved quickly like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Playing like a group of lads who spent the morning on the toilet

O'Shea booked

Clown

I can't understand Klopp's thinking on RWF... Jota is great on the left or down the middle - he's ineffective on the right. Diaz has been great on either side, and Nunez can play in any of the 3 spots. So the one person who shouldn't be on the right is Jota, and yet he's started there.

We're already seeing Nunez drop out there and be more effective - so why not just move him there, or just swap Jota and Diaz? We need all 3 up front to be involved to give them all a better chance.

It's like last week, the same issue, playing Gakpo out there - Jota and Gakpo might as well not be on the field if they're playing on the right, while they add solid value elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Dodgy box went just as the game was starting. Very frustrating.

Quansah takes the yellow. Silly challenge. Stand him up

• Advertisement
Advertisement