Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue cards to be introduced into football for sin-bins under Ifab trials

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

More complications instead of getting other stuff lke VAR or handball sorted 1st. If they are serious about dissent there wont be a 11v11 match after the 1st 5 mins. Also what happens if the keeper gets binned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭randd1

Two yellow cards = sin bin would be a good idea in my view. So many lads getting sent off for two innocuous fouls let's the game down, a sin bin would certainly help in that regard. Things like lads getting sent off and a match ban for a second yellow after taking off their shirt after scoring a last minute goal is madness, a sin-bin would make more sense there.

Blue card straight away for things like diving, feigning injury, deliberate handball outside the box.

Dissent being a good one, too many players continuously mouthing off at refs (yes Bruno, we're looking at you), a short complaint is one thing, continuous moaning is another.

There's real potential to clean up the game there is they get it right.

Obviously there would have to be some repercussions for getting blue cards too. I reckon a one match ban after two blue card collected would keep lads on the straight and narrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

How many blue cards are allowed to be dished out at one time???? Ref makes decision, half the outfield players of said team start gettin onto the ref about it, does the ref blue card half that team so they play the next 10 mins with 5 outfield players against a full team?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭randd1

It would shut them up the next time though, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭cr-07

"A combination of one blue and one yellow, meanwhile, would also make a red."

Is it possible to get a blue & yellow card for a single cynical foul?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

If I was to guess, I'd say that would be filed under 'straight red', but honestly I'd have no idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The blue in that case replaces what would otherwise have been a yellow. A blue is basically a yellow with added sin-bin.

The whole thing feels like they're just overcomplicating things a bit by adding a new category - if they actually just policed the game properly with their yellow cards that would be enough. They already don't punish cynical fouls or dissent all that often with a yellow, so why do we think they're going it do it with a yellow+, which is what this is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

This.

All the rules are there to run the game. Referees think they can't apply them (or lack the cojones to), and players are professional enough to break them without reproach. I'd love a few weeks of players getting sent off a lot, before they cop on and adapt.

Advertisement