Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Anonymous4321

If the CC said he wants 350 in GV by Jan 25, then surely there will be more intakes than stated if only 20 odd have gotten the call so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

April 25 unfortunately, but yes.

I’m trying to remain optimistic about why it’s such a small squad. Maybe they need time to get staff back into GV to handle so many Officers, let’s not forget by April it will be 6 months since there was more than 10 in the College.

Also as well, this is remarkably early for calls to go out compared to the norm. Maybe there’s scope for them to increase in the next 4 weeks if more money is promised.

Yeh thats what I'm thinking.

If the money is there and the CC said he wants to increase to a surplus of 8,600, then surely they would try get as many people in as possible and quickly as possible. In past campaigns I remember someone said that they were able to achieve 50 every 4-5 weeks. Hopefully something like that could happen?

Good thing also is that Naomi Long has been Justice Minister before so she is experienced and will know what needs done instead of someone new being straight in the deep end.

At the end of the day, I don’t know why they’d take as many as 200 through to next stages if they didn’t expect to take them (that’s what I was told last week on phone, 200 now progressing). That 200, plus the original 150 = 350. Wouldn’t be any point doing so many if they just had to allow their vetting etc to expire.

Also vetting lasts for 1 year. Mine is valid until June and they’ve not contacted me to complete a change of circumstances form, suggesting they’re not expecting me to need it?

• Advertisement

There seems to be a sizeable attrition rate though. As 97 have dropped out or failed already. So They must take in larger numbers than they need.

Post edited by Anonymous4321 on

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Starsky1

Just seen the updated figures on the psni website. Did not expect so many to be progressed to the managed stages!

Im still a wee bit away to that point but it is exciting times lol

I start a new job next week and was thinking there maybe I should have waited and stayed put 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kaligsd65

Has anybody else had the call yet? Do you think they have finished all the calls for the first course by now?

Yeah I reckon they have after they updated the graph. They will have reserves for withdrawals.

Yeah I thought as much - I will paitently wait to next month and hope my phone rings 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 stealth299

Today was an open goal in terms of an opportunity to announce new funding but they didn’t 😂

Yeah or at least a joint statement side by side with CC to say they’re working on it as a priority.

Obviously health will come first but haven’t heard much from them about PSNI budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Loki13

Just a quick one....found out that I've mild hearing loss in the high frequency range. Extremely close to being over the 123dB requirements for 3,4 and 6 kHz. Are hearing aids allowed in the test (don't have one but prob could see about getting one) or would you just have to appeal and put a case to the appeals panel?

Cheers for any help.

No idea. Probably worth calling 101 and asking to speak to Occupational Health and Wellbeing Department if it’s something you’re worried about.

Not sure you can appeal a medical exclusion anyway as it’s signed off by a PSNI doctor as to whether you’re fit to work (or fit for the job but without access to the pension scheme).

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Loki13

Thanks psnaye2023. Sort of holding out a small bit of hope as it say "when aids may overcome the difficulty, further assessment by the psni medical team will be required to identify possible adjustments". Suppose just wait and see whenever I get a date for the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 UserNotFound

How does being a reserve work? Do you get told you might be starting if someone drops out or what? Think that would be worse than waiting to start! lol 😂

I think you get a call saying you’re a reserve for that course, guaranteed a place for the next one. If anyone drops out, defers or gets injured you get on the first course.

Well folks, good news for anyone appointable!

I got call today, reserve for April and confirmed for May course. I expect anyone who is appointable and <100 in ML will be getting a call in the days and weeks either as another reserve or for the May course.

It’s full steam ahead to Garnerville folks 👮🏻‍♂️💚

Congratulations! Where about are you on ML?

70-90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 zetap

Congratulations-I'm sure you're delighted! Hope all goes well. I'm still awaiting vetting from April- not sure how long the process takes but it feels like forever

What was does the reserve work? Will you go and do induction with the April course?

Yes you do induction with the course you are reserve on. I’ve been given the date for that and told to complete all paper work etc as if I’m confirmed for April. If I don’t get April then I don’t have to do induction for May, which is a bit crap as it would be good to mix with the course I’m on but hey ho, not going to complain!

Yeah that's fair enough - well hopefully you get a spot on the April course 👍

Congrats and finally you have the start date in site from this incredibly long wait.

I dunno what course I'll get a call on. I am appointable now but I was originally 150-170 on merit list.

Thank you! Possibly sooner than you think tbh. By the sounds of things, more than likely before end of year. You’re also appointable so in reality higher up than that!

Yeah - fingers crossed. I'll be happy enough if itsnthe June course I'd end up on.

But at least I know that the end of this waiting game will be sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BlobBlob

I’ll pop this into the Vetting chat also. However there appears to be no place to put bank details, debts, loans etc in the vetting form. Or am I missing this?

Also it doesn’t ask for speeding convictions, only for other driving convictions.

Am I completely missing it or do they not ask for this?

I didn’t include any personal financial information. I think they look for CCJs, bankruptcy etc. Not that you’re fond of a Greggs every morning.

Unsure re convictions, but declare everything. If it doesn’t ask specifically - in contact with police section or additional information write “I have X points for speeding.” I declared getting caught drinking at 15 because I wanted to be transparent lol.

Honesty is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mse2020

The chief constable has said this week that the recruitment process is reopening in April (just the progression of the merit list not a new campaign lol) so things will definitely speed up. He has promised not to drop to the project numbers of 6300 officers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 P5N12024

Congratulations!! Least someone from on here is finally moving. 🚔😁

Though can’t help being so frustrated waiting on vetting! 😩😭

Advertisement