Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 year anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

You obviously did not read the link i just posted. Read that and then please respond to it's contents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭randd1

They had no physical evidence, and it was one persons word against another. Happens all the time in rape/sexual assault cases, most don't even get to court in that scenario. Doesn't mean he wasn't a paedophile, or at the very least a predator.

And as I said, any competent man who was a major star in the music industry, arguably the biggest star in the world, and said man has a marriage and kids, said man knowingly takes a regular cocktail of drugs, said man builds a zoo and funfair in his back garden for the purposes of having children over, said man invites children to stay over regularly, and said man is reported to regularly spends nights in bed with children and for a lot of his adult life there are rumours and accusations of of sexual abuse.

Well, I'll assume that man was a paedophile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's very interesting, and very strange, that you put higher stock in some selected text on a random blog over the man himself directly speaking to camera for you to literally see and hear without any edit/cut points.

(incidentally even in your own link it says; "He also said that sometimes he and children, like Macaulay Culkin and his brother Kieran, had slept in the same bed").

Ok so you’ll assume someone is a pedo with no legal evidence. I’m glad we have process.

i doubt we’ll agree on this topic.

I assume based on what I know and what has been reported for a long time.

I agree to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

Even that text says he “usually” slept on the floor. I’ve actually never ever came across a MJ fan that actually refutes the fact he slept with kids. Sure the usual is he's bonkers and a kid himself etc and was not sexual and look that’s believable to an extent , not likely in my opinion. But I’ve never came across someone who flatly denies the sharing a bed even happened. Presumably because MJ said it haha.

@~Rebel~ yes I believe that blog as most of the contents is verified by other online sources and court documents.

Laugh all you want - my opinion is he was not a pedo and that is supported by the judicial system.

Reported my the mainstream media - good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MOR316

Personally speaking, in my opinion, it is of course only right to have people raise their eyebrows at sleeping in bed with kids. It's only right to have a belief that he done something. I don't think it's right to speak as if it's a fact, on any speculative matter.

Facts remain as this and I'll keep it very short.

Michael Jackson lied multiple times about a lot of stuff and I am not including accusations here. But, in his defence, 99% of artists and entertainers do.

He admitted to sleeping in bed with kids. He has been accused (I am not including the 2005 one because that was absolutely laughable and it was very clear he didn't do anything in that instance)

The first accuser, no one has a clue. It's all speculative. You can go any which way on your belief on that. Me personally, I've read everything available on that case and I'm still no further on. One moment I think he didn't do it, then I would think he did.

The two from the documentary have had cases thrown out over it, been caught lying several times, have had to backtrack and one of them charges victims to send positive emails to, for hundreds of Dollars, that goes into his bank account. Doesn't sound like victims to me

As I said earlier, no one is ever going to know for certain. It's always going to be a dark cloud, unless something comes out that completely exonerates him. I say that as someone who hopes he is innocent of it.

One thing I do not get, is this thirst for people (not on here) wanting him to be guilty. Anyone who wants anyone to be guilty of that is one hell of a sick individual

• Advertisement

That’s fine! But don’t lie about probably the most salient fact we DO KNOW. Which is he slept in a bed with kids that weren’t his own. This is a message board not a judicial court, it is infamously hard to convict for sexual assault. I think on the balance of probability he was a pedo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ha, well, given you've been provided with text from your blog that proves your assertion wrong, and are simply ignoring the video of the chap himself directly talking to camera in one long continuous shot proving you wrong, it's hard to say you've much credibility on this one I'm afraid. The horse is at the water, but he's refusing to drink. So i'll leave ya to it, can do no more.

I was agreeing with you that we won't agree (ironically) on the subject of whether or not a grown man that shared his bed with children is a paedophile. I think he was, you don't, and that's that.

Why don’t you think the floodgates opened like what happened with Saville, Weinstein, Cosby etc?!

think about it - if he was a pedo there’d literally be 20, 50, 100 victims all coming out and some pressing criminal charges….but that never happened.

agree with that last paragraph! It is something you see a lot with celebs and famous people, I don’t know is it jealousy or whatever? I think from the decent amount I’ve consumed about it he probably was unfortunately , But Jesus I hope I’m wrong and he wasn’t!

Well I mean just because he potentially was a pedo doesn’t mean he abused 100s of kids. I don’t really know obviously I’m just giving you my opinion , but it’s ridiculous to assert he did not sleep with kids. You’ve gone off track when you’ve realised you are wrong.

You obviously didn’t read the link in full. Which is my point - you’re too lazy and quick to form an opinion without actually doing proper research. I agree with you though - I can do no more also.

I’m not off track my original post on this thread was to assert he wasn’t a pedo. You say because he had sleepovers with kids he was a pedo and I posted a link with lots of details around those sleepovers to support his innocence.

also common sense (and established predatory behaviour and trends) dictates there would be a lot more victims …. which don’t exist.

• Advertisement

I didn’t refute your original post , you are entitled to that opinion. You are however not entitled to outright lie about the fact that he self admittedly slept with other peoples kids in a bed. That doesn’t make him a pedo in some peoples eyes ,it does in others.

Fair point. I agree a man sharing a bed with another child is not normal.

However given the context in the link I shared and the fact that Michael Jackson is one of one (nobody on planet earth has ever lived a life anything close to his) I don’t think it was predatory or pedo behaviour.

Also given all the supporting wider evidence that further supports this position.

Fair enough, I’m not sure he was or wasn't Just my naturally cynical view would be that he was. Haha your username is funny enough in this context.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MOR316

Whilst it is not normal and morally wrong to be sharing your bed with kids, a post earlier on struck me. There hasn't been an outpouring of accusations. In 5 years since that documentary aired, no one has come forward. That's another thing that sways me towards his innocence.

I also read someone judge him on building an amusement park in his home, on that vast land. Most guys on here if they had that sort of money and had that land would be trying to be Hugh Hefner. I really don't see an issue with a man wanting to build his own amusement park on his own land. Good luck to him. I'd probably squander it on booze and liver transplants.

On a more positive note, I think we can all agree, from an artistic and popularity point of view, any of us who lived through it will never ever see the kind of it again. The fanbase, the success, the hysteria, the strong influence he still holds in culture, music and fashion, the songs, the composition, the videos, the performances. The guy was a one off. Never to be repeated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm reversing judgement untill I have all the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,842 ✭✭✭buried

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement

Very interesting they’re just starting an official biopic for michael jackson to be released in 2024 - some big names in the cast like Miles Teller and it’s directed by Antoine Fuqua.

Advertisement