Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karen's Diner

2»

Comments

ah okay I get you now. The idea is you go once three times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Any Hooters in Ireland would, due to anti discrimination laws, have male waiters in tight clothing as well as female ones, which might make some of the regular customers very confused about what they're meant to be horny about.

One of the other tit restaurant chains, Tilted Kilt, always has men working behind the bar and could possible just about get away with having only women on the restaurant floor as a result if they opened up here; and apparently they did actually investigate it.

Don't understand the appeal at all - customers aren't going to score them and I'd very much hope they aren't cracking one off in the jacks. Ditto strip clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭hynesie08

No, the idea is YOU go once, then you go because other people have booked it. But your Saturday night routine will never be Karen's, local, home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Do strip clubs in Ireland have an even male/female dancer breakdown? Does pantibar and the George have a requisite number of straight females working there?

Think you're imagining a problem that doesn't exist there.

Strippers are entertainment roles, they're actors basically. And gay bars very frequently have straight staff - they would have far more LGBT applicants in the first place, though.

Waiters in a Hooters are not actors, and they'd be torn apart in the WRC by the first guy they refused to hire.

This is the specific reason there never has been and never will be a Hooters here - they would have to hire male staff or pay out tens of thousands to every single experienced male waiter who wanted a payday.

Well, that and they flopped in the UK with its weaker legal protections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭nachouser

There's a place near me called Game of Throwing, where you pay money to throw axes at stuff. Lots of stupid stuff available if you want to avail of it.

I'm not sure if there is a Karen to tell you if you are throwing wrong.

Axe throwing is fairly big in the US, usually with beer. Nearly entirely work parties going to it. I don't think I'd trust myself doing it sober even.

How the hell they have insurance here (without booze, but still) I've no idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭nachouser

I'm kinda tempted to pop in tomorrow to find out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sounds like a place for people with too much disposable money and too little sense...

IIRC there was a boutique in Kensington or somewhere in posh west London in the late 90s where the staff were deliberately cold, rude and snotty to patrons like those store assistants in the film Pretty Woman.

I believe it only lasted a year or two.

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Parisians are exceptionally rude from my many visits there over the years and I can speak good conversational French.

The provincial French - much nicer, find Parisians rude as hell too. The denizens of Paris really do live up to their reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Sounds stupid, why would anyone want to go there?

whats next? going to places where the staff spit in your food just before you eat it.

people are so stupid, that cant be good for the staff either, insulting people all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Are you allowed be rude back? Clicking your fingers at the waiter and calling him a rusty cúnthole etc.

Reformed character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don’t possess either the patience or sense of humour to enjoy dining here to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Do bad reviews make it better or worse?

Advertisement