Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The orange wind-bag proving once again he's a mindless moron and traitor:

Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies who do not pay their bills

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68266447

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Economics101

It's no surprise that the UK Torygraph has gone from full-Brexit ("Make UK Great Again") to supporting Trump: for example the appalling Camilla Tominey yesterday.

To-day's Sunday Times is not much better: take this from Camilla Long: "Biden has been a disaster for America; he has created chaos on the world stage. He's mess up Ukraine, Israel and Afghanistan". She goes on to blame Biden for the US border crisis.

What's almost as outrageous and worrying as Trump himself is the fact that he has such prominent fellow-travellers in the UK media.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭amber69

The cold War only worried poor people

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

It isn't really surprising when you look at the tories, from their financial backing to their policies and the media outlets associated with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Trump is indebted to Russian and Saudi individuals and institutions. He's not going to attack either of those states when he's in their pockets.

And after Tuckers party political broadcast on behalf of Putin, Trump probably thought it was a good idea to further caress his ego with what amounts to a show of unity between the two. All it lacked the other evening , was Putin strutting onstage and raising Donald's clenched fist in his own.

Trump could do or say literally anything to his core support and they'll yeehaw and holler till the cows come home. If he went to Reagan's graveside and announced him as his VP running mate, I'd say there'd be a few there willing to dig up the corpse. It's utter madness over there, but it's a juggernaut that can't be stopped at the minute. The Republicans can't control the monster they created. And the Democrats are relying on a very old man to stop him.

The US is deeply split and will be for at least the next decade. Not until Trump has left the political landscape and his lackies crawl back under their rocks will it begin to heal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

All that is, is Trump telling the world that he is for Sale and if he is President, the US are for Sale as well.

He sees everything as a binary transaction. Loyalty, Honour , Keeping promises or anything else as silly as that mean nothing to Trump. Unless he is getting something out of it, he's not interested.

There is no depth he wouldn't sink to if he thought there was money to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I used to find it amusing when I encountered a Trrump supporter in work or somewhere online, but after his comments yesterday re: NATO, I have to take a long hard look at anyone who is continuing to support him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

He shouldn't be allowed to speak about anything, anywhere.

He is an unintelligent man child, dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Having lived throughout the Cold War in the UK, I don't recall anyone being worried about it whether they were rich or poor, probably because hardly anyone believed that anyone would be stupid enough to press the button. Of course it didn't stop some people building fallout shelters, just in case. 😛

There were even jokes made about it, with it being suggested on one occasion that, to be able to give a three minute nuclear attack warning twenty fours notice would be required.

That era was a walk in the park compared to the crap that's going on now as there are a lot of unpredictable idiots with access to nuclear weapons now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,547 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trying to get the Swifies on board.

He thinks Taylor would not be anything with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Definitely afraid of her, ha ha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Tell me you're terrified of Taylor Swift and her influence without telling me you're terrified of Taylor Swift.

I guess someone passed him the numbers, summarised in crayon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The only true words in that whole rant are the first two and the last three.

She's got herself a real man, Donie boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭aidanodr

So two articles related to Trumps alarming Nato speech

THIS now is more urgent than ever - "As Putin and Trump threaten from east and west, Europe must stand up for itself"

And on a wider theme but also very related:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,826 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Russians have been trying for literally decades to weaken NATO and America was the bulwark against them. Imagine Reagan saying that the then USSR could attack a NATO country and the US would stand by and do nothing. There’d have been outrage from within his own party.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,519 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The one time Trump might have vaguely tried to pretend to be a functional human in the wake of that report criticising Bidens faculties.

And instead he decides to take a running leap onto the batshit crazy train after downing all the bigmacs and horse tranquilisers he can find and starts cheering on Putin against NATO and claiming credit for Taylor Swift's career.

Hes like a broken down virus riddled ChatGPT bot. Not a braincell left.

• Advertisement

This:

“Ich bin ein Berliner.”

—John F. Kennedy, June 26, 1963

“Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall.”

—Ronald Reagan, June 12, 1987

“I would encourage [the Russians] to do whatever the hell they want.”

—Donald Trump, April 10, 2024

From - https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1756757792776769977

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

He needs to be stopped from speaking.

Tape his mouth up, cuff his hands and legs.

Keep him on an isolated area away from the rest of the world.

January 2025 perhaps ..

• Trump is a very very dangerous man and could put the world in worse peril than it is with his big gob. Putin must be cheering on his cyber army to further manipulate the American electorate into voting for him as the prize is looking ever more attractive.

• I could think of ways, but I’d go to prison and then to hell.

Naw, you'd be given absolution, in the circumstances.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NoMoreDonegalTuesdays

Trump has always been for sale but I think there's a lot more to it than that. He has long been bought and I think it goes back to the 1980s at least when he was flown to Moscow on July 4th, 1987. I genuinely think the Russians have been cultivating him since then. It's possible that at first he didn't even realise he was being bought. Even if, for argument's sake, the idea that Trump has long been cultivated by the Russians was nonsense (which I don't think it is), it doesn't matter. Trump is doing Russia's bidding anyway because most of the Republican eco-system is in alliance with Russia anyway, they're that far down the culture war rabbit hole they'd rather destroy America than see the Democrats retain power. And he is their Hitler. To me it's clear what Trump is and what he has been at least since announcing his candidacy in 2015. He's an agent of the Russia/China/everybody else who wants to bring down the US as the world's pre-eminent power axis. I abhor so much of what US foreign policy is about - not least what's happening at the moment as regards support for Israel - but a world in which Russia and China become the pre-eminent powers would be extremely shlt. We can only have a world in which either the US or the Russia/China axis are dominant. I prefer the US, for all their terrible failings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭blackcard

First, does anyone believe that a leader of a large European country addressed Donald as 'Sir'.

Then you think of all the Americans who fought and died in proxy wars against Russian infuence in Vietnam, Korea and Afghanistan. Trump plans to sell these people down the river for 30 pieces of silver. He encourages Russia to invade European countries. This is truly shocking. Never mind all the indictments, this alone should disqualify him from contesting any election. This is sticking 2 fingers to all american veterans.

"This is sticking 2 fingers to all american veterans"

He already did that when he called them losers

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement