Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wife doesn't want to work (JSA question)

• 11-02-2024 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭GerryCarry

I am on JSA and getting €232. My wife doesn't have a job and has no interest in working (long story) and so SW wont give her a payment.

Can i claim her as an "adult dependent" and get an increase to my JSA? I understand the rate for an adult dependent who is your spouse is €146.

That would bring my JSA payment up to €376 a week.

To save money, I was considering moving back home to live with my father (who is a widow) and who is on the state contributory pension (and has a small income of €12,000 a year from leasing farmland).

If i brought my wife back home to live with me and my dad, would me and my wife still get the €376 or would the fact we are living with a person who is on the state pension affect the €376 and reduce it?

Post edited by mp22 on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement