Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl LVIII Thread - Chiefs v 49ers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Just because you don't know anything of her, doesn't mean it's not presently true

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

49ers

Well done everyone who stayed up and watched the Superbowl in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

So boring listening to owners rattling off scripted acceptance speeches

Can you just imagine if they presented the Lombardi Trophy to a Taylor, the NFL would have 150 million new insta followers in the morning. Huge opportunity missed

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Chiefs

Mahomes sounds like Kermit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

49ers

28-3 is a special number in Super Bowl history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

49ers

Great player but man Kelce is some knob.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Chiefs

Kelce is the stereotypical jock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Chiefs

Really? Didn't know that. Care to say why. Only got in to NFL 4/5 years ago so don't know the stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Chiefs

Back-to-back, Mahomes and Kelce all in again next year for three-peat 😍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭showpony1

i wonder have the girls posting on social media "im justing looking for my travis kelche" seen him speak before didn't realise he was a stereotypical redkneck. every girls dream.

Chiefs

Don't think I'll be able to sleep after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

49ers

Garbage.

Chiefs

Some hatred here for the Chiefs, YLTSI and it’s understandable. Mahomes, Kelce, Reid, Taylor in the stands, greatness all round. Amazing five-year run and at 28, Mahomes has another few in him if this young defense sticks around.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Chiefs

That was an awesome game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I don’t hate the Chiefs and can appreciate how extraordinary this run is. We are certainly witnessing greatness before our eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

Chiefs

Well done Kelce , Mahomes and Swift!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Coach beater Kelce is some gobshite…..making sure he was up on the Podium for Trophy presentation to make sure he would be interviewed.

He had a pretty quiet game by his standards,yet hogged the limelight,whooping and hollering like the true redneck gimp that he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

Chiefs

😂😂😂

He’s a team captain and made some of the biggest plays of the game in the second half, 9 for 93 and the most receiving yards on the field. Of course he’s up there.

He’s got you completely rattled, beautiful👌🏼

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Not a bit rattled......the red flags should be up for Taylor though.....if his temper comes out like that at an event on Worldwide TV ..........whats he like behind closed doors?

Is a superb player but has a nasty streak in his personality......would say Ryan tore strips off him at halftime......which probably prompted his improved showing in 2nd Half.

Made it to work ok anyway so happy days!😉

• Registered Users Posts: 7,972 ✭✭✭Christy42

I would hate to see what you think a good game for Kelce is. Leading receiver in a superbowl doesn't count for much apparently.

Brilliant game to watch as a neutral. Some great defense, some great offensive plays, 2 record SB kicks and both offenses had the ball in td and win scenarios.

Feel bad for CMC after his incredible season. Jennings was mvp for me if 49ers had sealed the deal. Mr. Irrelevant would have been an incredible story. Shanahan gains the chocker label after this, I guess a little like Reid from before. Hope he gets one too. However right now we are seeing greatness and Mahomes willing his team back into it was incredible to watch.

A lot of QBs struggle to make it back to the big game if they don't win it the 1st time and now we have Hurts, Burrow and Purdy as excellent QBs trying to beat those odds. Will be interesting to see how it goes. I guess Jimmy is around as well in the same situation but I have less hope there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

He had most receptions and also most receiving yards and also most of his production was down the stretch when it mattered most........

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The Patriots were hated long before any gate. It got bad after they went back to back.

Brady was still young, 27 when he won his third.

You clearly don't understand how things work. When you dominate the average sports fan wants you to lose.

All they need is one little thing to focus on to really hate the franchise. They've got that now with Taylor Swift.

I remember the Cowboys being hated in the early 90's. They had Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders, three incredible players but the world found a way to hate them.

As a Patriots fan I seen this happen. I didn't understand it because I'm not like that. I love watching greats play the game.

The Chiefs have one of the greatest coaches in history and one of the greatest QBs. All I will do is watch in awe.

Personally I believe that Patrick Mahomes will take the mantle of GOAT from Tom Brady.

On Taylor Swift, she's not bigger than the NFL, she's huge in her own right, but the Chiefs and the NFL are loving it because of the exposure, new fans and the money it brings with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I can’t explain it as a Dolphins fan, but I’ve gotten fed up of KC dominating quicker than I did the Patriots! Maybe it’s the follow on of one dynasty from another, I don’t know. Mahomes is brilliant and may one day be the GOAT, but not yet for me. I also don’t get the rush to crown him, many didn’t put Brady above Manning (never mind Joe Cool) until the Atlanta comeback. Let’s see how the rest of his career plays out.

All I ask for next year is a non-Chiefs AFC representative (I won’t be unrealistic and hope it’s the Dolphins🤣).

You should sack McDaniel and hire Belichick. If you had a defense, and all the pieces are there, you'd have been in the Superbowl I think.

There's nothing required on offense so any half decent offensive coordinator would suffice.

Can you imagine how sick the Patriots would feel if Bill won with another AFC east franchise.

I'm a Patriots fan but I'd love it tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Getting worked up in a super aggressive game in which 300 pound lads are smashing into each other on the most important game of the year is not really a red flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'd take Belichick in a heartbeat tbh. I think most of the pieces are there. Still not sold on Tua to be honest, I think he plays well against teams we should beat, but comes up short in the tougher games. No way he was beating Mahomes and Allen in the playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,252 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

well said.

he's the best I've ever seen play, but we'lll have to wait a while to see if he can ever realistically be the greatest.

Advertisement