Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭elgicko

If I knew who they were. Dent not there when I got there, no car when I returned,.so they were in and out in that time.

I always make a point of parking in a corner spot away from everyone else!!

Bastards.

I parked in grand parade multistorey in cork one time.

Came back and my car had a big scratch all along one side.

Asked security had they camera footage and was told where I was parked was hidden from camera.

Got the impression they couldn't be bothered checking even.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭elgicko

I feel your pain!! I am not going to let it upset me! Can be sure the person who did it, couldn't give 2 fiddler's f+cks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The anxiety of waiting for yeast dough to rise.

• Advertisement

This is Ta'ing me.

Not sure if it down to my phone, chrome or boards but its only happening on boards.

When I scroll down a page, the most of it goes blank and the whole screen freezes .

Like this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Looking at a barber who is having to babysit a small child left in for a haircut( large supermarket is just next door, so prob a regular occurrence) mum arrives back and pays, reminds the child to ask for the end-of-cut lolly and walks off. Ta mum didn't prompt the toddler to say thank you.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta'ed that after years of deletion with ppl with alternative views, I can't understand this,

Preheating the oven two hours ahead of intended use, letting it cool(as it will when the power is turned off) and then reheating to put the item to be baked in!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Didn't TA me but I remember doing some work for someone and I was in their kitchen. They didn't have a timer and needed to time something think it was for 3 minutes so they turned on the microwave for 3 minutes so they could hear the ping when it ended :-)

There was no way I was going to explain that to them.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

This big balding galoot in Dunnes yesterday who came within a whisker of barging into me because he wasn’t paying attention to what was going on around him. I just got out of the way in the nick of time and he walked on obliviously. Of course he was wearing the generic middle aged Irishman uniform of a fleece, poorly fitting bootcut jeans and garish runners that went out of fashion 20 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m getting something delivered to my parents later, the courier has updated the ETA…. my mother will be in the hospital visiting her sister, my Dad with his hearing, unless he’s in the front room or hallway it’s a lottery as to him hearing the doorbell ! If he’s upstairs or in the back / kitchen I’m fecked. Doorbell is Bluetooth and there are speakers to assist with hearing impairment strategically placed but still. He’s so mutt and jeff these days..also..He’ll have the TV blaring or doing some DIY… couriers don’t hang about two quick rings and away and onto their next delivery.

I quite want / need this package today, their customer services are awful so organising re-delivery agghhhhh… let’s see. 😵‍💫😅

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'll cross my fingers for you Strumms, you seem to be having bad luck with deliveries recently.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

Since when does a tin of spaghetti hoops cost 2.75?? Admittedly in a centra, but still a full supermarket.

There will no spaghetti hoops in my near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,919 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When I thank a post that has , say , 2 thanks and the thanks jump to 7 or so .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

It could be that between the time that you loaded the page and the time you thanked it, others also thanked the post. But I understand the annoyance.

That could be it .

tonights ta is I thought when palace scored it was against city but it’s Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Wracking dry cough giving me a headache.

Extra bonus TA - martyrs on the road who stop dead in the middle of a very busy 2 lane road to allow a car turn into a street in front of them. Nearly caused a massive pile up.

People who post on threads/fora that are clearly full of people who enjoy *a thing* just to boast about how much they hate *the thing*.

I don't get it. Like, if I thought cosplay was the most lame-oid thing on the planet (I don't, I think it's pretty cool when it's done well), I wouldn't be seeking out online spaces frequented by cosplay fans just so I could tell them that.

Bizarre behaviour.

Ended up losing a posh box of chocolates that were originally meant to be part of my valentines gift… they were repurposed from that to now being sent to my relative in hospital…. I’ll have an opportunity to repurchase tomorrow before they’ll be required but I’m aggravated now that they could be sold out considering the demand.

the Mater private no longer has a shop like a spar or centra….. only a cafeteria or vending machines…. Which itself is stupid as fûck….grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

A hot red ear. I feel like getting a bag of frozen mixed veggies from the freezer and sticking it up to my ear.

• Advertisement

today is st valentines and I was expecting a load of cards in the post . She’s been and gone at sweet fa for me 🥵

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

She might have a surprise for you later on today.

I got tumbleweeds, so at least that's something. Also, Ash Wednesday so no goodies anyway.

I’m still in my underwear so she’ll get a shock anyway 😷

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Bank of Ireland Cash machines - inside local branch.

Were da f!!k do you put down any wallet, cards or cash while you are using the machine? My local branch has two machines and when they were installed they had a small level shelf in front of the sloping keyboard. Then they removed the shelf. OK I guess it might have been because people left things on the shelf but still trivially annoying.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Are you happy to see me or did you accidentally starch your underpants?"

🤣🤣🤣

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

An intense sneezing fit as I was doing about 70km/h on a windy back road then there was an oncoming car 😧

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ah well it could be worse, you could be one of the first responder firemen to have to put out that radioactive fire at Chernobyl back in April 1986. 😄

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

When you ask someone two or three questions in an email and they only answer the first one.

The person in the close to pitch dark, torrential rain, cycling north up the Ballymun road 30 minutes ago….

no light, no hi vis, no noticeable illumination of any sort…..either affixed to himself/herself or their bicycle….

they are dressed in dark rain gear.

traffic is busy, it’s rush hour, visibility is dreadful, if you don’t care about your safety it might be prudent to respect your fellow road users…. You’ll buy a hi-vis for a tenner, decent front & back lights for 20-30 combined … probably a bit less…

there is no excuse for it, thick and extremely inconsiderate.

• Advertisement

Another one worthy of a Darwin Award, this morning.

Driving a van, approaching a roundabout, 3 cars in front of him.

Holding the phone to his left ear with his left shoulder, while holding the steering wheel with the side of his left hand, which was holding a scrap of paper on which he was busy writing something.

And people wonder how pile-ups happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement