Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Sorry, just seen Youcancallmeal review above now...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,946 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wash your car my man. Was it. Nothing worse than 241s driving around with weeks of dirt on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭GPoint

I wash my own cars, thank you.

Comment was about boot open button on a dirty Seal. Which I am not an owner of.

Cool thanks. You won't see a dirty button if you clean it. Point made...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

I can't for a few weeks due to the ceramic coating!

I agree though, I dislike the position of the button.

I don't want to be unnecessarily touching the paintwork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭grumpygit

Have an AWD. Lovely to drive, had a Volvo which was also lovely to drive (manual) but prefer BYD. As for comfort, car is quieter and smoother, seat I don't think is as comfortable. Quality, on the surface looks better than Volvo however I have already had an issue with the back door not closing ( luckily had 15 year old with good internet skills who fixed it for me, common issue on many cars she told me). Use to have issues on locks on my Volvo too. Not getting any verbal directions when using navigation ( will wait and see after next update)

As for things I'd like changed. Light switch moved down lower on indicator stalk or moved to other stalk. Rear camera moved higher up on the car. Be able to fully charge it in 2 minutes. Notification sounds don't bother me too much to be honest. More verbal hi byd commands. ICC completely useless. Would like to be able to program what info I want in the HUD, would like headlight info there i.e high beam etc. 3rd column in HUD doesn't show anything except time you are on a phone call which is pointless. Would like navigation turn info there too.

Besides all that I am happy with my purchase. Software issues could be fixed on next update so don't really worry me plus can't see why I would ever want to use ICC

You unclean people with you're excuses

😅😉

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Ballylad

Picked the AWD up today, first impressions of very high quality interior, very fast in sport mode, handles very well, very low car, will definitely have to watch kerbing when parking/opening doors. No change in changing over from ev6 for insurance but said if I were a new customer they would not insure it (Aviva)

I look at the AA stuff completely different to you and prefer that it automatically loads on power up. Using AA I can use the verbal hey google to select any radio station I want or play music etc. with AA running I can still say hi byd turn on heating and other commands that are available so have the best of both worlds. Also can just use verbal commands for google maps navigation in AA. Most of manual car settings like traffic signs are set if needed before driving off though I always just leave them default.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah good point, do you just use tunein on AA for radio then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭djan

Simple radio is good too, has a really clean interface for AA and all the Irish radio stations which you can save in order of preference and then just switch in between them as if you were playing next track.

Ya I use tunein the whole time. . Having jsaid that just got into the car this evening and said hey google and she just ignored me 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Coming from an EV6 myself and the AWD is next level. My wife even commented about how much better the interior is in the Seal. Happy motoring

Anyone else get the feedback request in the app today?

I fed back a lot of the smaller software issues in the car and in the app itself, as well as a long list of features I'd like to see (hardware already existing)... So hopefully they actually act on some of the feedback and incorporate some of the requests into future versions.

Interesting that the equivalent EV6 GT would be what, 30k dearer?

For anyone curious about real world range stats on AWD, I kept track of my usage, mostly 60-70% motorway driving on ACC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Averaging about 400ish km per 100% charge if that's the case.

Impressive enough in this grim weather, will only grow as things improve.

Nice one, could you put in average speed and if mostly motorway what actual speed as there's a big difference in consumption even between 120km/h indicated and actually going 120km/h verified through GPS.

difficult to answer that, only used speedo on car. motorway speeds were mostly 105-115 as i wasnt pushing it and trying to preserve range. Between 100 and 120 i can say i didnt really see any discernable range difference but perhaps havent paid enough attention. Had tried it on eco and normal (mostly normal) mode. Country roads would have been anywhere between 60 and 100. I posted another test i did a few pages back (page 62 on my screen) and results were more confusing than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Ballylad

Hi, regarding the BYD Seal app, I scanned the QR code beside Vin number on driver side of windscreen but app says code is expired, maybe it’s not reading it as difficult to scan, is this how you complete set up of APP?, code is not on vehicle settings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

I got my car Friday and app worked yesterday. I did nothing. The sales person did it I assume. Signed up to the app before I got the car and told him which email address to use

That's not the code. The software isn't released in Europe yet

First long drive in the RWD seal yesterday.

Left home very early in the milling rain. 203 Km to Newbridge from Cork. Id say 195 km of that on Motorway. Rained the whole way up. Was mild for Feb though at about 11c. Driving in Eco with CC set to 110 or 115 most of the way. Used 51% battery. Return trip yesterday evening. Going 120 most of the time, If my maths are right i used 56% on the way home. First use of a public charger ever. 6 mins at Ionity Cashel for 11Kw. Very easy to be fair. Pleased with that. Walked away to grab something from the shop. Came back and ready to go. A/C was set to 22-24c so wasnt trying to eek out every last KM esp when i realised a stop was going to happen anyway.

Found the drive very comfortable. Its very smooth. In Eco mode you lose a lot of the power alright. Perfectly fine by me. Flipped over to Sport leaving Ionity and can really speed onto the motorway. Was experimenting in the intelligent cruise control in the morning when the roads are empty. I guess the heavy rain wouldnt help but wouldnt be comfortable using it when the roads are busy. Wont be using it on the south link or busy motorways. At one point tried to bring off on a slip road. My Kw/100 KM was over 20 the whole time. Often at about 22.

Nice detailed summary.

I don't drive all the time in it. It mostly the other half's car. But have to say it's a joy to drive it. Very comfortable relaxing drive the sound system is actually very good. I thought I'd miss out on the volvo but it's great and the cabin quietness is also top notch.

Walk away from every drive having enjoyed it.

It's very relaxing to be fair. Agree on the sound system. Happy out with that too

I have a couple questions. I tried the car navigation but wasn't great so used Waze as usual. Popped in and out between the twi. I expected it to direct to a charger if I wasn't going to make my destination which was obviously going to happen. It didn't. When I searched chargers nearby it shows green if free? I thought it was shiwing the 4 ionity were occupied while only one was when I got there. Do people use ABRP for navigation in EVs or what's best for seeing if chargers are occupied while driving.

Great to hear, the audio was one thing I didn't really get to play with during test drive. How do you find it? Some reports hinted at low volume levels but overall good quality so was wondering how it compares to other brand's premium systems.

It is low by default but enough settings and options to boost it to your preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I know many cars have had it for years but I love Adaptive Cruise Control. My first car with it and it makes stop/start motorway driving hassle free. No more sore leg from constantly working the clutch 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭FaaF

7,000 BYD vehicles soon to enter European waters. I wonder how many will be RHD cars due to board a feeder vessel to Ireland.

Advertisement