Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭FFVII_npc

These boxes are not to bad to set up from scratch now.

The latest vix image has everything built in it now that you need.

some of the menus are a bit buried though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

@greasepalm update: I tried a 960GB SSD (unformatted) and also after I manually formatted it, & the box doesn't recognize it at all !!! :o

So no storage is listed in menu or not ? What make?

Yeah, no storage listed. Its a Samsung. I'll have to go into the command prompt to see what's going on eeeek!

• Advertisement

Samsung should be okay. Did you say in rear or internal drive .

If in rear power off and remove drive and insert and see if it feels like its sitting into slot and not too thick as some drives are smaller in height and power on again and see if storage is listed.

No my model doesnt have the rear slot, I am using the internal sata/power connectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

That rear slot is a bit of a balls tbh. I had 3 standard 2.5" SATA drives at home when my h7s arrived - 1 Samsung, 2 WDs - and none of them would fit. I had to open the cover and fiddle with the slot and loosen the plastic bracket or they wouldn't slot in, too thick. It works fine now but technically I have voided my warranty.

Were the cables already inside awaiting the drive , i managed to plug mine into the wrong spot on the Board

On another note does anyone have any experience with 'Flashexpander'? Apparently it creates a link on the flash drive which effectively moves the /usr folder to the hard drive. Sounds great in theory if you're planning to install a lot of stuff. But when I tried it it broke a few plugins/settings.

In the end I didnt pursue it cos all I really want is watch/record tv with crossepg, autobouquetsmaker & slyk which should be a very vanilla scenario. But wondering should it just work transparently with no hassle?

• Advertisement

Never used this plugin as always had a Hdd or Ssd.

Plugins have to be supported so what was working in 2019 may not work on current images. Not even checked if its in plugins feed.

I try not to overload the box with useless stuff i might never use.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭eam77

Hi. I'm struggling to get 2nd satellite tuner to tune in. On signal finder it has a signal and then disappears 2 seconds later, showing no signal. Tuner a is showing very strong signal. Changed cables around and opposite happens. Am I using wrong settings or cable issue?

Yeah, I have them plugged in to the right places, the other white connector is for serial RS232, I've actually used this connector & grabbed the serial out on a power up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

If it moves from one to the other when you swap cables implies either a bad connection on the problem cable, damage to that cable or a problem at the LNB. If you can safely access the LNB check for water in the connection. If you have a spare outlet on the LNB try that instead.

I hear what you're saying but this does not seem some obscure plugin. It's actually right there in settings/storage after formatting and mounting your hard drive as the bottom option 'FlashExpander'. In standard openatv 7.3.

In any case I wont need that flash expansion since - like you said - I'm also not a friend of installing more than I absolutely need, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. Seems to be a core plugin for storage management.

Edit: I dabbled with it cos I dabbled with kodi. And while I got Kodi to work it seems flaky and right at the edge resource-wise. Not an option over an actual kodi box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

@eam77 set tuner B exactly same as Tuner A and green to save. Job done. And yes settings are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Removed

Post edited by Markus Antonius on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Dangerous disinformation here.

Pure2 is by far the best.

Visually stunning and works wonders right out of the box!

😏Show me a forum that is dedicated to PURE 2? And I mean a forum not a thread. And look at my join date 😁😁🤣🤣

And you don't have a dish!!!

"Visually stunning and works wonders right out of the box!" No such thing.

They were all the rage for years - the original dreambox etc - but were outmanoeuvred eventually and that was the death of them and along came a new technology anyway and times moved on. I may be wrong, maybe they made a comeback, I'm not an expert but I think one would have heard...

• Advertisement

Be careful with those words cam or oscam because of rules about them mentioned in the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mburke

My triviar box died so I got another zgemma H7s via amazon.de. The box came with openatv 6.4 installed but I want to put on vix. When I go to the online image it only shows openatv. The reason I want the vix image is that I have another zgemma box with openvix 6.3.007 and I want to keep the same setup.

Can I check if the following is the correct approach:

I did notice that the plugin from crossepg is not on this box either.

Any advise appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

might be better to copy the image from your first box onto the new box?

The Zgemma h7s has 4 partitions and that means you can have 4 different images. NB It is not advisable to flash the box with a new image using a USB stick as it can cause problems. As you want to keep the same Vix as on the other box this is how you should proceed.

1. Put a formatted usb stick in the box with Vix 6.3.007. 2. Go menu setup Vix click ok select backup manager , now at this point press menu and it should give an option to select backup location so select USB. GREEN to save now select new backup ie green button and a backup will be made to usb
    2. Then when backup finished it will show name of backup and todays date.
    3. exIt out and take out USB from ZGEMMA.
    4. Now put usb with backup into rear usb on new ZGEMMA. go menu setup software management press ok select flash local/online and next menu should show full backup images, select that and your backup should appear select it and here is the bit 4 slots should appear and it will show the slot with the openatv6.4 and you want to keep that so select an empty slot and press ok and wait and your back up will be installed in new box and will boot into it. And be exactly the same as other one.
    5. go slow and let us know how you got on.
    6. if in doubt post back.

As an aside I would not use Crossepg with Vix

Hi Swoofer,

I formatted a usb drive to file system FAT32 and carried out steps 1 to 3. A folder called backup was created and a vix-rel-6.3007.tar.gz file was placed in it.

When I put usb into the new Zgemma and go into flash local/online it does not see the file and doesn't have an option to point to the usb drive. When I go into storage devices the usb is shown there.

OpenWebif works on both boxes and when I try to ping either boxes I get no reply. When I try to connect using filezilla it fails. I have changed the ftp p/w and have username root but it will not connect. Might be a setting on the local network rather then the boxes themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭FFVII_npc

do you guys save the EPG on a usb or on the SSD?

if on the SSD do you have to clear it out sometimes or does it control the size on the disk that it uses itself?

Epg to SSD, never had an issue with size but I believe that it clears itself each time.

Did you setup a password on box with remote and saved it?

Filezilla and correct ip needed and same password entered.

I have mine saved on ssd and i think it overwrites the data so no bloating is done.

The more sats and channels you have files will be bigger

• Advertisement

Ok all of the above was from memory and I don't have the zgemma connected so give me a little while. Can you check usb slot at rear that box has usb 3 as well, its coloured blue the 3 one. I would use the USB 2 slot.

And can you check that the usb actually has the back up on it!! Go to other box with vix and go through the procedure above.

Yes with filezilla you could back up vix to HDD on the first zgemma and then copy that to hdd of new box. I was going the easy route!!

When you change the PW make sure to press green. And case semsitive.

Post edited by swoofer on

Advertisement