Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

So for example my 1st Max has probably lost €20k value in 3 years, or around 30% which seems fairly normal

The prices the past 2 years were insane, to buy the Max trim would cost something like €11k more than what I spent in 2021 and the only difference was the heat pump was standard

That's one heck of a price for a heat pump, I'd expect it to break at least one law of thermodynamics for that price 😁

Now the equivalent car (minus DCC and the silver strip on the side) costs around €46k. And that includes the new motor and screen, which seems like a big improvement

Tempting, but I don't have €9k to spare and I don't car enough about the upgrade to go into debt again

Still, it's good to see prices going in the right direction for once

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

For anyone interested, I recently fitted a dash cam to my ID.4 and can post some installation pictures if anyone wants some tips?

It was reasonably straightforward, I followed this video here except I didn't use any of those cable fishing rod things, just tucked the wire behind the trim

I also did a bit of a neater job around the centre mirror, if you remove the plastic trims then you can run the wire down inside and there's just enough room around the ball joint for the mirror for the wires to come out without drilling any holes

Wiring it into the fuse panel was fairly straightforward after watching the video, there's actually plenty of space in there for the power supply

I ran the rear camera cable from the front first and it allowed me to hide the excess wire in some free space in the boot lid

Getting the wire through the cable ducting to the boot lid was a bit annoying, reckon I invented some new swear words doing that. I've no idea what a "funting munger" is but I definitely called the designer of the car that a few time 😂

Once the cable was through it was smooth sailing, it's a fairly straightforward job if someone wants to do it themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Anyone have an issue with area view not working? Have the car just over a week and no cameras working now. I’ve read online others complaining but no solutions. Will be ringing dealer tomorrow but was wondering if any easy fix?

Has the area view window disappeared or are all the cameras blank?

If the window is gone and it's only showing the reverse camera then you can get the area view back by tapping the right edge of the screen I think

If the cameras are blank then that's most likely a fault

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

No unfortunately all cameras not working, sensors are. It displays

Error: Area View

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭obi604

For those of you that got the 52 battery - did you regret not getting the 77 battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

no, and we use it a lot. There’s 55k on it and it’s about 21 months old

but we paid €32k for it and it’s much more features than the current 52 KWh on sale

For the €3k in the difference at the moment I'd get the 77kWh

Worth noting the 52kWh has the older motor if that's a deciding factor

If VW made the 52kWh quite a bit cheaper then I'd say it's worth it

Out of curiosity has anyone switched to the "new" ID.4 with the new screen and motor?

I'm guessing they haven't started deliveries yet in Ireland?

I'd be tempted to trade in but frankly unless I win the lottery I won't be bothering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cheers, did some checking there and a model similar to the 1st Max is €46k, minus the stuff I don't care about (DCC, 2 tone paint, silver stripe on side)

1st Maxes seem to be going for ~€36k, so €10k to change if I sold privately

I don't have €10k however, so the point is moot anyway, but it is nice to see prices going the right direction at last

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

I’m a little interested in the new Tiguan Plug In

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I have one ordered. I believe it’s going into production in the factory next week so I expect to see it sometime around mid to late March.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭LubaDriver

I've noticed some cracking in the rubber seals in the rear quarter windows and the tail light across the bumper appears to be popped out of place. Warranty is up in a month and a half, so does anyone know if this is covered?

I'll be speaking to the dealer during the week but wanted a heads up before I go in.

The warranty typically doesn't cover wear and tear damage, so theoretically the cracked seals could be considered under this

The tail light falling is definitely NOT wear and tear, so the warranty should cover that

The garage might cover the seal as well if they're being fixed at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭joe1303l

The taillight/lightbar coming loose is a common issue, warranty will cover but could well happen again. Cracks on the rubber window seals is a strange one, can you post a photo ? Some info on the lightbar issue here; https://www.id4forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=384

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭id.4 fan

Had the same problem with my ID.4 ‘s boot tail light bar popping out of place, its heat related seemingly.

If you apply force to the center of the bar it will pop back into place. 6k later and mine hasn’t popped back out yet.

There is a VW service bulleted on it so known issue especially in hotter countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭feedthegoat

2024 Pure model is retailing at just below 40k, has anyone managed to knock anything off this at a dealership?

• Advertisement

Again for the 3k that's in it, I'd go for the Pro still

It isn't that the extra battery is needed, it's more than it takes the thinking out of long journeys and also the Pro tends to hold its value better

For anyone that has the 52kwh battery - on a bad/windy/rainy/cold day, what kind of range would ye get traveling at a speed of 110kph from 100% battery down to say 10% ?

Post edited by obi604 on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The Pure seems to be holding value better.

But with the recent cuts to the pro that will. Change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Have a Pro Plus ordered. These are already after being heavily discounted so don't expect much off the top..

Got word today that its in for BW11 so probably mid April when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭id.4 fan

It’s really impossible to give you a precise figure but those external factors you mentioned are particularly bad for efficiency on all cars not just ev’s.

EV battery efficiency is debatable but IMO and real life experience on a bad/windy/rainy/cold day traveling at that speed using 90% of a 77kw would get you around 270kms so do the math.

Head wind/ No head wind?

Driving uphill/ driving downhill?

20/25 degree cabin temperature?

So many factory effect range but that figure is a worse case scenario based on my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Got a ID.5 for a test drive for a few days. Really liked it to drive.

The inside seems a lot bigger compared to the ID.3, maybe it is just me but it felt it. Even when running around with the kids they made a comment about the size

Now I have only really sat into the ID.3 and not tested it but it just felt bigger.

thank you. Yeah, I know it’s a tricky one to answer but at least gives me a rough idea.

so with a 52 battery in really bad conditions with heating on etc, you would just about get 200km

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭LubaDriver

This is the seal. I wouldn't be too pushed about it but it's bonded to the rear quarter window so the window needs to be replaced. It's cracked like that on both sides of the car, for the full length of the seal.

Going in next week with it for them to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Yes, definitely wouldn't get 200km on a motorway in cold/bad conditions even doing 110km. Quick charge along the way though and you could easily top back up 70/100km range and clear 300km in one spin, one stop.

In summer 200km on motorway would be achievable. Have done Limerick - Dublin in August and made it up without charging and still had about 30% and stopped for the top up on the way home.

Car fully charged to 100% on Wednesday this week, showing 291km (about 7° out) but that is based on mainly city driving. In the summer that will definitely go up to 320/325km.

• Advertisement

Advertisement