Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

You really are the biggest bluffer I have ever come across!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Fanirish

yeah technically, its is owned by Caroline Downey who is co owner of mcd and hoziers manager.

So rental fee, bar take might be a bit weird when dealing with venue owned by someone who co owns the promoters renting the venue.

promoters like mcd would also get a rebate from ticketmaster for every ticket sold, might be a €1 or more a ticket. Ultimately mcd and ticketmaster owned by same parent company livenation so it gets into a weird scenario of the right hand charging the left hand. it’s all very messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

...Technically

...Might be a bit weird...

...Might be a €1...

...It's all a bit messy.

Your arse might be your elbow me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Mike3549

And do you have some information or guestimate how much promoters/acts make from a sold out 1.5k gig? Or are just good at pouring dirt/shite at other posters with reasonable estimates?

Apologies I forgot for a second we are living in world where skewed theories and guestimates hold as much weight as actual fact. Not a road I care to travel myself.

This poster has quite the rap sheet of defending MCD/Live Nation at every turn and I can feel like disputing that once every so often,no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Okay can we not have another Arcade Fire type debate/argument flooding this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Speaking of Arcade Fire....would Placebo sell out Malahide?

In more serious stuff, pearl jam dates loaded into site ready for announcement

https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23186.json

• Registered Users Posts: 10,396 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

id": "23186",
        "name": "Dublin",
        "slug": "dublin-1707794555",
        "date": "Saturday, June 22, 2024",
        "year": "2024",
        "venue_name": "Marlay Park",
        "short": "",
        "lat_long": "53.276614,-6.269305",
        "city": "Dublin",
        "state": "",
        "country": "IE",
        "buy_bootleg": null,
        "poster_file_raw": "",
        "poster_file": "",
        "poster_small_file": "",
        "poster_artist": "",
        "poster_credits": "",
        "poster_shop_id": "",
        "show_cd_digital": null,
        "cd": "",
        "digital": "",
        "gallery_id": "0",
        "created": "February 13 2024",
        "modified": "February 13 2024",
        "hide_from_history": "0",
        "location": "Dublin, Ireland",
        "sets": [],
        "photos": [],
        "photo_count": 0

From link above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭sh89000

I don't believe for a second EP made 1.7m profit......please personal PM me your access to the official documents backing this up.....absolutely BS

i wonder what was the loss with Taylor Swift in croke pk then , when they gave away thousands of free tickets ??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

FFS, just google it

"Previous EP Republic Ltd accounts for 2019 show that the firm recorded pre-Covid 19 revenues of €16.9m and pre-tax profits of €1.78m that year."

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2023/0907/1404008-electric-picnic-firm-paid-out-dividend-of-7m-last-year/

Whatever about the veracity and insight of fanirish's info, this fecking pile-on is out of order, this isn't twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭sh89000

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Shank Williams

Gotta Love all the pile ons about Fanirish with absolutely no counter arguments/facts or figures to back them up- poor sh89000 just embarrassed badly there

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭colmufc

The imro fees for a sold out vicar st are less than €200, for a sold out and fully attended croke park ita about €5k

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭VM Varga

What are you basing this on?

I just looked up Imro site and it suggests it’s €1,350 (1,500 x €30 x 3% assuming it’s licensed).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Dark Matter ROCKS, looking forward to the announcement later. Also remembered Josh Klinghoffer plays with Pearl Jam now so will be nice to see him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Yep decent song. I'm pretty excited for the new album now, and of course that tour announcement.

Really !?!?! 😲

How many guitarists do they need ?? 😣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

I think when they played certain songs on the last tour they had him behind the stage playing, for Gigaton songs such as Dance of the Clairvoyants

Pile on is a stretch as many willing to accept his views. That's fine, differing aspects not welcome now?

There's so much might be's and hypotheticals that any substance in a number of his posts are wholly diluted so I'm not sure what counter or such one is supposed to offer.

Not very forthcoming and throwaway like mentions an experience etc, I don't know what that is so have zero insight into where its coming from.

Happy to move on from it myself now and overlook for awhile but if rhetoric involving making out that Livenation/Ticketmaster have the best interests at play for music fans it's just in my nature to demote this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Livenation can barely put any food on the table these days, the poor misfortunes.

Remind me again how much Michael Rapino made last year, 139 million dollars was it.

A CEO-to-median worker pay gap of 5,414 times, the highest in the Fortune 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Stillill42

In fairness, he never 'makes out that Livenation/ Ticketmaster have the best interests at play for music fans'. He points out the promoters viewpoint, where they're coming from, I'm the same as you, as everyone on here, I've huge problems with what the likes of those lads are doing to the music industry but it's OK to talk about where they're coming from. You're the one on about 'differing aspects not being welcome now'. The pile on accusation came from the personalisation, vague nastiness of the responses to Fanirish. There's no need for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

The absolute rubbish on here.

No one is piling on anyone!

He is a bluffer and has been proven wrong repeatedly!

If I spouted as much rubbish as him then I would expect to be called out on it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It wasnt a pile on, FanIrish was trying to claim that promoters make 2 to 4k for a sold out Olympia or Vicar Street show.

Of course he neglected to say that the same promoter owns the building, sells the tickets for the event and has many other fingers in the pot.

So perhaps for book keeping purposes a profit of 2-4k may be recorded by one of the subsidiary companies whilst the others are also benefitting.

Ticketmaster as ticket vendor, Olympia as venue, venue bar sales, merchandise cut, sponsorships, etc etc.

What person would be happy with a 5-8% return on their money if everything goes 100% to plan and risk a loss if it doesnt ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Fanirish

I’ve never said that livenation have anyone’s best interest apart from their own profit maximisation goals. Livenation wants to capture every single euro it can a concert from venue ownership, merch %, ticketmaster fees, and the resale market for tickets.

they are a blight on concerts and not benefiting people or musicians.

the height any defence for Live nation/ticketmaster on here was when people were incorrectly solely blaming livenation/ticketmaster for dynamic pricing/platinum tickets etc being enabled. I just pointed out that artist/their manager/agent approves those tickets.

possibly the other time was in relation to tickets not being issued until days before a concert as they say it’s due to account security. Which i just reiterated as reason they give. Wasn’t defending the practice.

You only have to google what’s happening in Australia with Taylor Swift tickets and accounts being hacked and tickets being stolen from people to understand that there is legit issues there.

it’s honestly laughable that people on here think i’m defending Livenation/mcd /ticketmaster practices.

As for the original point of the conversation, individual concerts in small to medium venues don’t make anyone rich.

As I pointed out with EP profit figure which then someone couldn’t believe it, which proved my point that even the biggest festival in Ireland isn’t the cash cow that people on here think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Grand Zardoz, agreed, I questioned that aspect myself. That was a disingenuous argument. And it wasn't me that called it a pile on. I object to people feeling free to misrepresent other posters, dismiss everything they say as waffle, bullshit etc. His EP profit figure, IMRO rates were both dismissed incorrectly, he's being accused of trumpeting Ticketmaster and Livenation as saviours of the ordinary music fan, you know, a bit of respect for each other. This has always been a great place to post. Let's not be assholes, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭nullObjects

If ye could finish up the squabbling before the Pearl Jam announcement that would be great

I keep seeing a bunch of new posts and thinking it's been announced

• Advertisement

Im fcking refreshing the Tenclub 'tour' section since 7am this morning !!!!!!!

Advertisement