Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

And remember, 35% on the new RWD is about 100-150km.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

If I place a deposit on an inventory car that's "available for delivery", how long can I realistically push back the pickup date to facilitate the sale of my car privately? Tesla advisor said "inventory cars should be collected within 7 days".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,170 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Suppose it depends on the car and how you price it but I don't feel cars are selling well. I've one up since December priced cheapest on done deal and what id consider a popular car, still under manufacturer warranty can't even get a call privately. Plenty of traders calling offering around the same as tesla. A relative has a lend of it until their model y arrives, I'll keep dropping the price the closer it gets to deliver date but I've a feeling it might end up with tesla at this stage.

As for your question I'd say they want it collected pretty quick you might be able to string another week or so out if it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

I've experienced this before when I sold a few daily driver saloons. They were slow to sell compared to crossover/SUV types.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Grrr .... My bank put an extra digit on the RN number when doing the final transfer :( .... Have let Tesla know

I assume they should find the payment quickly enough .... pickup is Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 DMelv

So, for anyone with Model Y issues (stat codes), I submitted a detailed query to Revenue about 10 days ago and they got back to me today with the attached answer.

Hopefully it will result in the issue being resolved sooner than later now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 brownestone

They must change that system some amount of times. Here is hoping that is movement, thanks for the update. Looks like next week at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Diffidence

Is anyone having difficulty paying the Road Tax? I have the car reg and the VIN but they do not seem to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Seb21

Anyone reckon they will extend the 0% beyond March? I’d imagine a lot of people ordered on the back of it with deliveries now pushed out to Apr-May. Could result in a good few cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 caiconafita

I don’t think they will. My wife is cancelling hers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 DMelv

Very hard to say. They push the 0% to maximise Q1 sales. If they don’t register before EOQ it is of no benefit to them.

That said, they might just want to accelerate and keep sales all year, given BYDs entry to the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Seb21

Seems strange to me. Within a week of them offering 0% the cars were pushed to April/May. Looks like the only people who will have gotten 0% are those who ordered from inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I wonder would it partly be to get people into the mindframe of considering a Tesla who haven't done so before and then, even if they were to offer 2% or 3% or something, those same people could justify the purchase at a relatively small price increase. It doesn't make sense to offer it to drive volume and put such a restriction on it that means they basically can't deliver that volume in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jobrien19

I had my card out to pay the deposit in the showroom and the chap told me that if it wasn't delivered before March 31st I'd have to accept 6.9% finance. I asked if there was any chance it would be extended beyond this point on the off chance the vehicle wouldn't arrive and he said no that's the offer take it or leave it. I said is there any plan to have a similar finance on either model in the near future and he said no. I took it all with a pinch of salt but it did stop me from placing an order that he told me I'd be stuck with 6.9% finance if it didn't arrive on time and obviously there is no incentive for them to deliver the vehicles before March 31st is the issue.

Will wait until I can pick up an inventory M3 Highland with a reduced finance rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Definitely not a lawyer, but that can't be legal? You're entering into a contract where you have no control over what the terms of the contract will be? And as you say, Tesla would be potentially incentivised to delay your delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya you can't be locked into 6.9. As mentioned above it opens up every car brand to offer 0% and just renage on it for higher rates when the car arrives. If it goes to 6.9% you can just cancel the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Anyone else have a delivery adviser who is completely unresponsive?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Ir3

Drove past the new collection area earlier and seen 3 Highlands being moved from NVD to there so they are definitely getting things organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Me! :) .... Emails, phonecalls and even texts.

No problem getting through to people in Tesla .... it's trying get the Irish team to respond when you need them most that's the problem! Disappointing service.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Strangely Tesla have an "old" red shape M3 coming soon, and it's ~€3k more expensive than the white Highland. Best of luck with that

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Ohhhhh yes, none responsive to any emails or texts. Shocking service, considering the pre-sales services was so good.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lot of inventory seems to have disappeared today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Diffidence

So just proof of payment to be brought? Going to be there very early as I am getting public transport. Hopefully they can do it as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

You need to bring ID with you. Arrive at your allocated time, sign for the car and then it is activated on your Tesla Mobile app and you are free to drive away in your new toy. If payment has been made in full your Tesla Account should already reflect this ...if not there will be delays/problems

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jobrien19

Probably not but I told the salesman that if that were the case I really wouldn't be risking putting down a deposit and he didn't seem to particularly care or understand why I was so concerned. Happy I held off in the end.

As much as I'm looking to change it's really the M3 I want so I'm happy to wait another year or so and see what happens with finance deals in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jellies

I ordered an inventory model Y at the weekend. Fortunately my wife liked the white standard colour. It showed delivery from 10-25 February but this morning it is showing TBD. It now says delivery timing will be available soon. Was going to trade in my Skoda but will hold off until i get better visibility of the delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Trade in takes ages with Tesla and requires two steps, I would start now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭FaaF

Model Y prices in Norway and Germany increased overnight. No change here.

Advertisement