Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭taratee

Israel will not stop until Hamas is destroyed. Everyone can agree on that given the current state of affairs. The Palestinian people have a decision to make at that point. If they chose Hamas again then we are going to see a repeat of the last few months over and over again. It saddens me to say and think that but it's the truth. When the time comes to chose, I really hope they decide to go down another path.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,477 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, and not only are they labelled traitors to Israel and the Jewish faith, they are accused of being 'pro-Hamas' and 'pro-October 7th' and wishing to see the state of Israel destroyed. This is how far down the propaganda rabbit hole they have gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,520 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How do you "destroy" an ideology?

Do you think that the children who have seen their families murdered will just forget about it in a few weeks?

Hey, there's innocent children starving just a few miles away, what should we do?

I know....let's hold a party and block any aid trucks trying to get in to help them.

Pure scumbaggery

• Registered Users Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

The reasoning that "Israel is a foreign power" "we attacked it" "they're attacking us back," "stop, stop, we're losing!" while launching rocket and other attacks is pretty remarkable.

But, this was all Hamas' plan. They're absolutely willing to fight until every drop of Gazan blood is shed. None of what's happening is the slightest surprise to Hamas, I believe they're very happy with the results. Plus, it obviously pays, considering how well Hamas' leadership lives in Qatar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Mosul, Iraq. Extremely similar situation. Terrorist group entrenched in a densely populated city (less population density than Gaza) same group using human shields. Yet the coalition forces manged to evacuate civilians and eradicated ISIS there without being accused of genocide.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,782 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Ideally it would be hamas that move its forces out of Rafah, that isn't going to happen so Israel changes tack, again, and facilitate the people to move to safety.

Having them move saves lives.

Many of the families of the kidnapped are protesting at the trucks, they are deeply hurt and angry and do not understand why Israel must be so only country to endure attacks and then feed the enemy fighters as well.

The govt will ensure that the food gets through though.

Arab lives only matter when there are Jews fighting back.

A million + dead in the region in last decade and not a peep, and still counting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I don't follow, what's them being Arabs got anything to do with it? The battle for Mosul is the closest battle I can think of that is similar to the war on Gaza. The coalition forces manged to evacuate Mosul, cleared the city of ISIS and didn't end up in front of the ICJ. They have shown how to defeat terrorists who use human shields. The fact they are Arab is non pertinent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think that joke has been made by a few posters here already. I guess that Israel would love if they expel a good portion of the Gazan population to other countries but like the Jews in Germany pre ww2 no one one wants to take them on, even to save civilian lives.

"Ideally it would be hamas that move its forces out of Rafah"

If Hamas are in Rafah then why did the IDF tell the Palestinian civilians to go to Rafah promising them it was "safe"?

"The govt will ensure that the food gets through though."

And yet they're not, there's children starving to death and Israel sits by and allows it.

I remember a time there was outcry because some US/UK soldiers took demeaning pictures of captured people in the likes of Guantanamo Bay.

Israeli soldiers post these types of video on their social media and the world stays quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I don't think that the Irish hypocrisy (particularly that of the opposition parties) on this issue is a joke. Sinn Fein, Social Democrats et al are all for the Palestinian cause but if the government decided to put 150 single male Palestinian refugees into a town in Ireland, they would be up in arms criticising lack of consultation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Sinn fein is generally supportive of asylum seekers ( to their political detriment) so I'm not sure that is entirely correct. I think the Israel hypocrisy related to how they treat the Palestinians considering how they were treating by the Germans and the world pre ww2 is more of a joke.

Post edited by Sudden Valley on

Another 2 journalists targeted by Israeli murder drones, I won't embed the tweet as there is some blood involved.

https://twitter.com/MawtiniLevent/status/1757370334284570715?t=Qxmzo9BY8v-H7gxrMC-LbQ&s=19

Al Jazeera Journalist.

ALSO Training and intelligence officer.

You don't get a paying job from the outside in gaza unless you are hamas.

Journalist roles tend to be filled by members of the Hamas intelligence team.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,368 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I wonder how long Palestinians in the illegally occupied West Bank would be allowed to protest and blockade and obstruct Israeli authorities before getting mown down by machine gun fire

2-seconds? 1 maybe? Shoot first, then shoot the ones coming to retrieve the bodies. I'd say "shoot first and ask questions later" except for the fact that they wouldn't bother with the latter part.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

I think you are purposely ignoring the fact that;

A) in an article published by the Times of Israel on the 19th December stated the name Louis Har.

B) That article with the published date of 19th December now states that the Louis Har was released on 12th February 2024.

Do you not think it’s strange that they would edit an article from 2 months ago? Maybe a journalist here would correct me if I am wrong but that would not be best practice as far as I am aware. So naturally, people would ask questions.

Also for your reference a snip of the prior article.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭dmcdona

Agreed - war is brutal. But there are rules and laws.

Killing civilians to the extent the IDF has been doing, a war crime (Genocide). Killing those surrendering - a a war crime. Killing medical workers - a war crime. Etc.

What other neighbours would the Palestinians have attacked? And when you say "lucky", do you think the Israelis are perpetrating a "light touch" genocide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ya they really should have to not leave their own land, may be a better idea if the isrealis pissed off back to what ever country they came from

Has any army in living memory paused it's own successful operations to allow such opportunity for civilians to move to safety, can't think of any.

Are you saying the current campaign by Israel is a successful operation? If so, I guess that sounds like full support for genocide and the return of 3 hostages (alive) in exchange for 100,000 dead and injured?

And as the rest of the world is pointing out, there is nowhere safe in Gaza. The Israelis probably mean "safe areas" as in its safe for them to commit more atrocities.

And its not Hamas stealing the food aid, its Israel and the Setters who are not letting it in.

But sure, the ICJ will sort that out I'm sure. Along with the ICC.

Hospital loses power due to lack of fuel

10 year old girl in intensive care dies.

It's genocide

• Registered Users Posts: 19,368 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I get the impression that the "success" part for the Israelis is the 100k Palestinian - mainly civilian - dead or injured. The hostages part is just a useful tool for PR purposes.

3 unarmed men trying to start a motorbike, Israel drops a bomb on them

It's genocide

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1757361355491860643?t=7nHrIMoM4WLtY4DYfb1D4w&s=19

So, liking a post is somehow full agreement with the post itself?

I would often post a "thanks" for anyone taking the time and effort to post information here - on review of said information I would then post a response if I felt necessary.

It really is bizarre that you are making all those assumptions on the basis of someone clicking a "thanks" button. But then perhaps you're just grasping at straws.

I asked you a simple question about the Ambassador, I think you're the one doing all the deflecting. Therefore, as I said, I know what your answer is so I'll waste no more of your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭volchitsa

• Registered Users Posts: 16,199 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Are they the agressors? People tend to say that hamas started "this round". And yes, Hamas did launch an attack. But remember that israel had been killing Palestinian children on a regular basis up to that point. It could be argued that Hamas started this round because of the escalation in violence. But if we say an escalation in violence is "starting it" then the Israeli attacks have been so severe since then it could be argued that that israel is starting a new round.

At this point I don't think anyone can actually point the finger and go "they started it". Even if you go back to the 40's and before it can be murky. These discussions always turn into whatabouttery. And it was the same in the north. Everytime an IRA crime is mentioned, PIRA supporters will mention something the otherside did and vice versa. Like saying the other side are scum will excuse your side being scum.

Plus, I very much doubt that when 30k people have been killed in retaliations, that any Palestinian would accept a "Well, you started argument". Like the Palestinian civilians deserve to be killed because hamas started something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭volchitsa

They don't have to destroy the ideology, and nor are they trying to. What they are trying to do is remove Hamas from power and ensure they are no longer in a position to organise future attacks like the Oct 7th one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement