Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Well done on finishing the PG dip, fingers crossed now you get the results to back up the hard work.

Have you exams to sit too?

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Thanks DvB. No exams, that's it done and dusted. And unless I get under 40 in this module, my distinction is in the bag 👩‍🎓. 27 years since my last graduation. Next month I'll hear if I have my place on the masters course for September and can do it all over again 🤪

Ah fabulous. Very well done!

You definitely deserve a few bubbles to celebrate!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Oh lord. 20 years ago got my BSc, 10 years ago a HDip Comp Sci

I'm done, no more!

Congratulations

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glutton for punishment and by that I mean absolute congratulations!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

We have much in common so. BSc and HDip in Computer Science here too!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not jusT me thinking the year is moving quick 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Glorious day out! Spent the morning baking with the kids and managed to not kill each other!

Anyone staying up for the suerbowl tonight?

For years I'd have booked the Monday off and stayed up, but I've let that slide the last few years and will wait and watch the highlights first thing in the morning.

I usually do. But tomorrow is my first day back in the office since before Christmas so prob not the best idea.

That and the little lad is killing me with sleep haha.

• Advertisement

Best of luck with the first day back!! Don't envy you that.

Ive been WFH last two weeks and super busy this week on work so the thought of me going back isn’t too daunting.

Still would give my right arm for a proper hybrid deal in work tho.

Our hybrid is being maintained, for now anyway, some are starting to take the p*ss though and it's evident standards are dropping which is starting to cause us reputational damage, so we're going to have to make a call on.how to tackle it soon.

Bloody cold there this morning, came out to the car at 6.20am and it was an ice cube, was hoping the defrosting of cars was done for the year. Seems not.

Vaguely remember never having to do it at all last year so we've definitely had some cooler temperatures this year/winter just gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Same here, I wasn't expecting to have to defrost the car this morning. Mine wasn't frozen solid, but plenty of frost on the windscreen that needed melting.

Looks like it's going to be a nice sunny day in Dublin though, there are already blue skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Andrew93

Immediately went scrolling looking for the answer to this too 😅

Was up in Newry on Saturday trying to combat the ridiculous prices of soft drinks down here. Ended up getting 24 cans of soft drinks anywhere from £8-10. Great value and possibly worth a trip once a month or 2 with this new scheme.

Freezing this morning, my first morning walking the dogs early early since December and it was so dark and cold it felt like a Dec morning!

Sun is out now & we have lots of spring flowers in the garden. Put out our window boxes yesterday so looking forward to the house looking a bit more cheerful. We've a short week again this week with the midterm Thurs & Fri.

We had our matches postponed on Saturday due to pitches being unplayable with the rain, looking at the forecast for the rest of the week we could have a few games postponed, weather looks grotty for the time being, very up & down.

Yeah Tues-Thurs doesn't look great, you'll need a good few days of decent weather for it all to dry up.

• Advertisement

I love this little summary

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

That's class. Are we going to have our yearly discussion on what is the best ways to have your pancakes?

Happy Pancake Tuesday! We will be having our pancakes for tea/supper. The kids like nutella, I'm a fan of golden syrup and lemon. Mr. CL likes sugar & lemon.

I need to make gluten free ones for myself so if anyone has a decent recipe, please let me know...last time I made GF ones, they were pretty terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Andrew93

Happy pancake Tuesday! Won't get to have any today as I've a gig in town to attend tonight. Couldn't be falling at a worse time. Half tempted to pull a sickie although my friends wouldn't be best pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Happy Pancake Tuesday!

We have our pancakes at dinner time. The crepe style ones, with just lemon juice and sugar. Very traditional, but it's how we've always had them and in my opinion, hard to beat. I'll make up the batter at lunch time. Can't wait!

Crepe style sugar and lemon please and thanks, Will usually have one with nutella on it but gets so sickly full after the nutella ones.

I used to love pancake Tuesday and ash wed in school, always was a bit of a doss time and it marked the run into Easter much like Advent marked the run in to Christmas.

Both Easter and Christmas had two weeks off school so Easter I always have a soft spot for but unforgettably as an Adult I only get Easter Monday off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've booked a few days off before Easter so I will have the Wed - Monday off. We're going away for one night on the Wed night to Clare and then hopefully will have my sister and nephews visit for a night or two! They usually come down on Good Friday.

I've already eaten two of the (very small) Cadbury's Easter Eggs that are 2 for €3 in Supervalu at the moment. That's enough now til Easter, lol

I've eaten two of those eggs as well, too easy to eat!

• Advertisement

We give good Friday off as well so its a 4 day weekend at Easter. We have the kids 2 week easter holidays too so I always take one of the weeks off before or after, so I get 10 days off with just the use of 4 days annual leave.... gift!

Advertisement