Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S24 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭dubliniift

Anyone managed to return s24u for issues? What was the outcome. Did they issue a replacement.

Been a nightmare as number on return form are of UK. Chat showed a wait time of 12 hours and a queue Of 60 plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I returned mine after a day or so because of the Vivid issue. It wasn't a typical return though. They were looking for random phones from different countries with this issue. They collecting them for testing & had no intentions of repairing them. I received a replacement next working day or day after that. I don't remember exactly. I was just out of hospital the day it originally arrived on the Wednesday. They collected it either Thursday or Friday and new one arrived on the Monday my wife arranged it all as I was pretty much cabbaged at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

Still waiting for mine to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭TheRona

Just applied the official anti-glare screen protector, and first impression is that it's very impressive. Went on perfectly, and I had to double check that it's actually there.

I've tried a couple of glass screen protectors, but the main issues I had was the fingerprint scanner performing poorly, and a lot of reflections from the screen, cancelling out any benefits of the new screen.

• Advertisement

No. On some phones the Vivid setting doesn't work at all. Other posters say it works on their phones. They are working on a software update to fix the vivid setting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭mossie

Finally got the return bag for the trade in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Any ideas when the watch might be sent out for the preorder reward ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

How much video coverage of a working device do I need to bother with before sending it in for trade-in? I'm only getting the €250 trade in which I believe was for any condition but I did specify it was a working condition device with unbroken screen so just want to cover my bases. I am going to video the IMEI on the system info screen, show factory resetting it and popping it in the bag. Hadn't planned to video things like sealing box, posting etc. which I've heard people in the US are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,912 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Never done this at all. You're only doing this to cover yourself. Not sure it's been tested though from Samsung as any proof..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Didn't it say something like within 45 days of getting confirmation you met the criteria?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

They've had my trade in 2 weeks now and still not a peep. I guess it will be a long wait for the watch at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Full day use of S24U with 5 hours screen on time and still at 50% battery 🔋 good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Barr

My Smart View case arrived from Amazon - no glass protector here either

I went with the mint green colour - not gone on it . The black is much nicer

The official screen protector is half off on Amazon at the moment but lots of bad reviews saying it has an edge that is very sharp and doesn't cover the edges of the screen. I feel like taking my chances for now with just the Smart View Case until they've a revision of the protector at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭TheRona

I have that screen protector, and I like it. I guess it does have a sharpish edge, but nothing that bothers me, and no worse than any of the other two screen protectors I tried. Application was easy, and went on perfectly. Not a bubble to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Earth24

I got an email from the trade in team, saying that my S21 had screen burn. I sure didn't notice any issues when I was using it, screen was fine!! Now they want me to pay €112, Christ, I would have sent in an ancient flip phone if I had known this might happen

• Registered Users Posts: 41 SungSamsung

I still haven't received the postage or an email response from MacroEV for my Broken phone. Waiting since i received my phone on the 27th January.

I hope my assumptions are correct about condition being disregarded however, as the thing is in absolute tatters, scratched to bits, broken camera lens and doesn't turn on.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 SungSamsung

How much were you getting for the S21?

After paying back the €112 is your discount still more than the €250 for a phone that isn't working?

Post edited by SungSamsung on

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Earth24

They were giving me 360. So actually I'd be getting less at, 248. Shambles.

I emailed them back hours, ago saying the screen was fine and send me it back and I'll send in the ancient flip phone I have. No reply yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got the same and had to pay €244

Pissed off about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Ordered 19th Jan, still no returns enevelope for broken phone. Maybe they are just not going to bother with it?

I believe if you cancel the original deal then you start from scratch with today's prices and offers. I think you will be better off paying for the screen burn rather than cancel & starting again with not as attractive offers today. For instance the preorder window is closed

Grrrr what am I supposed to do with my old Nokia now 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

My issue isn't that vivid mode doesn't change things enough. My screen doesn't change at all when switching vivid on or off. Other posters claim that their vivid setting does actually work.

I believe there are two different issues being reported as one issue. I look forward to the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭corks finest

Say its only teething problems

son is a Samsung man

no issues whatsoever last 2 phones

asked him as it’s his 21 st next week dies he want to upgrade,?

to 24 u

na says he I’ll hand on to the 22 ultra for another year

mans think about upgrading then

( thought he’d have taken tbe hand off me with that offer)

Do they always do press releases for minor releases? Seems like this is an odd thing to not be buried in some sort of developer forum or note on a download. I don't think I've seen "fixing bugs" dressed up as "improving customer choice" before? A new OS major version, sure.. but not something like this. Actually, I know what happened. They ran the techies through the AI style rewriting thing and set it to "business".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

• Advertisement

Has anyone tried out the AI or any feedback 

The only thing I have tried so far is the transcribe assist . 

I have to say it’s dire . I had to check it was set to English it was so bad 

Advertisement