Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACDC Croke Park Sat Aug 17th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,912 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

That would be mental and completely out of step from all recent Croker gigs.

But looks very possible. I wonder will they do what they did for Bruce where you can get the passes early and then head off for the day and come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

It might not have been called Golden Circle but there was one, in fact two - one on each of the 'runway' thing from the stage.

The only way to tell which ticket you had was the Entrance colour and number, Red I think were golden circle and Green was Standing General behind those sections but the tickets were just the same apart from the colour route to get in.

Something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭griffin100

I've seen them a few times over the years, first time was in 1991 in the Point which blew me away. Puchestown was great, mainly because I had pit passes sorted in advance and was right under Augus when he did his thing on the platform in the rain. Aviva was probably the weakest gig, purely because the sound where I was was poor, but still amazing.

I'll be trying for tickets on Friday, but now rather than just me and the wife going, my 4 kids all want to come. This is almost certainly going to be the last chance to see them in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I’ve never seen them before and I hope to get a ticket on Friday.

I haven’t bought tickets online in a long time- what time do they go on sale and do I need an account setup with Ticketmaster to purchase tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Yeah need account to be set up and add a debit/credit card to the account and then you’ll be good to go on Friday morning.

• Advertisement

Just looking at the ticketmaster website and it says the following:

A max of 4 in Presale, 6 for General Sale tickets per person and per household applies. Tickets in excess of 4 in Presale, 6 for General Sale will be cancelled.  

When is presale available does anyone know? I presume before Friday at 9am?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Presale is for those residing around the venue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Living close enough to the venue to be invited to the residents consultations but not close enough to qualify for the residents presale is a mild kick in the sack.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭billyhead

I saw their concert in Buenos Aires a number of years ago on YouTube. If this gig was half as good as that it would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've been thinking a lot about this since it was announced and decided i'm not gonna go for tickets

Seen them countless times since 88 and this line up is a pale imitation of the past

No Malcolm (Obviosuly), no Cliff and no Phil, a 76yr old Brian with fcuked vocals is back after having to 'retire' 5yrs ago

If i can pick up a cheap ticket in the days leading up to the gig then i'll go, cannot justify spending over 100 euro on one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

No presale for MCD subscribers anyway

With it been the same weekend as EP and 2 Johnnies do you think the allocation on Friday will 'sell out' ?

Doubt it will sell out at all, top tiers and davin stand will be hard to shift. not including the amount of resales that will be available in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭endainoz

Pitch standing will sell out easily, the upper stands probably not so easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭Zardoz

You are underestimating the bandwagoners and event junkies.

Come on, come on, listen to the money talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

If anybody has a code / link for the Residents Presale tomorrow and not using it. Please PM same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭RINO87

I'll go on in the morning and see what's there...intend to bring smallie so will need seats. Tend to agree that anything in Croker passed sections XX6 is pointless really. I was in the top tier of the Davin for the Police and it was woeful, seemed like there was no delay set up on the speakers further back the pitch as the sound was waaaaay behind what was happening on stage.

Queud up for physical tickets at Empire Music in Limerick for that one and all!! Last gig I did that for I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Can I be cheeky could I get a residency presale code/link.

If anyone have access to the residents sale can they please screenshot all the different prices please and thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭RayCon

Got very excited when The Police announced that reunion tour - then Croker got announced and the excitement quickly disappeared. Some friends went and said it was absolutely shite - similar seats to yourself. Knew it would be a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭RayCon

• Registered Users Posts: 1 the rab

Ya screen shot of prices standing and sitting and gold circle if available from residents presale would be great to plan for Friday

Those crazy Celtic Tiger times, who thought an outdoor gig that time of year in Ireland would work. Didn't Roger Waters in the Aviva sell terribly too think it was 2012 or 2013

In more recent times we've seen April and September outdoor gigs which got by great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭endainoz

Was on the pitch for that one, it was amazing. I'd never do a seated gig in a stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I agree with you. The Punchestown gig 2009 was the best gig I've ever been at in this country - unforgettable and unrepeatable. The Aviva gig was a bit meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Brilliant gig but I'll never forget the getting back. It was like the last scene from Titanic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Kind of shocked to see that Moneytalks hasn't been played live since 1992.

Its technically their highest charting song in the US.

Great song, dont understand why they don't play it live.

• Advertisement

“I met Brian Johnson and they’d just got off stage and I said, ‘You didn’t play 'Moneytalks’. Johnson, who referenced Edwards as, ‘A fine lass’ then quipped, “Awwww—I **** hate signing that song! I don’t sing it because it's too high!

Advertisement