Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACDC Croke Park Sat Aug 17th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

went to punchestown and really enjoyed it- I was driving so was dealing with drunk OH,

didn’t get tickets for aviva initially but took a chance on limited visibility ones for €56. Had cracking seats with full view of stage and in premium section with easy access to bar. Was driving again but definitely easier. I really enjoyed the gig.

Will try for tickets but the ticketmaster % is gone mental, I’ve an Airbnb booked as hotels will be mental. So no driving for me if I get it- it’s ohs turn to drive but couldn’t be listening to the complaint. Long drive to Clare too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Guess that's AC/DC playing Slane put to bed

Was it the band who didn't want to play there or promoters deciding elsewhere

2009 would of been the best time for it

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Have the prices been confirmed yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Seville for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Only starting prices. 85 for cheapo seats. But they'll be in line with Wembley, maybe a bit cheaper. So 125 standing. 140 ish gold circle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Bandwagoners and event junkies will be all over this.

Will be a quick sell out of initial allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Can't see any golden circle. Think its just pitch standing judging by the venue map. It was the same for the aviva i recall. Queued for hours to get the pit pass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'll probably go, but I'd be wary of sound issues for anyone not on the pitch. Pitch standing would be the only way for me to see this one, and yeah it will very likely be that last chance to see them in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,221 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Croke Park is huge, therefore any seat passed midfield is pretty terrible and you'll be looking at screens

I suppose when you look at in gaa game context , could you spot someone you know on hill 16 from the ard comhairle ?

Post edited by Ash.J.Williams on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

That would be mental and completely out of step from all recent Croker gigs.

But looks very possible. I wonder will they do what they did for Bruce where you can get the passes early and then head off for the day and come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

It might not have been called Golden Circle but there was one, in fact two - one on each of the 'runway' thing from the stage.

The only way to tell which ticket you had was the Entrance colour and number, Red I think were golden circle and Green was Standing General behind those sections but the tickets were just the same apart from the colour route to get in.

Something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

I've seen them a few times over the years, first time was in 1991 in the Point which blew me away. Puchestown was great, mainly because I had pit passes sorted in advance and was right under Augus when he did his thing on the platform in the rain. Aviva was probably the weakest gig, purely because the sound where I was was poor, but still amazing.

I'll be trying for tickets on Friday, but now rather than just me and the wife going, my 4 kids all want to come. This is almost certainly going to be the last chance to see them in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,811 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I’ve never seen them before and I hope to get a ticket on Friday.

I haven’t bought tickets online in a long time- what time do they go on sale and do I need an account setup with Ticketmaster to purchase tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Yeah need account to be set up and add a debit/credit card to the account and then you’ll be good to go on Friday morning.

• Advertisement

Just looking at the ticketmaster website and it says the following:

A max of 4 in Presale, 6 for General Sale tickets per person and per household applies. Tickets in excess of 4 in Presale, 6 for General Sale will be cancelled.  

When is presale available does anyone know? I presume before Friday at 9am?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Presale is for those residing around the venue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Living close enough to the venue to be invited to the residents consultations but not close enough to qualify for the residents presale is a mild kick in the sack.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

I saw their concert in Buenos Aires a number of years ago on YouTube. If this gig was half as good as that it would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've been thinking a lot about this since it was announced and decided i'm not gonna go for tickets

Seen them countless times since 88 and this line up is a pale imitation of the past

No Malcolm (Obviosuly), no Cliff and no Phil, a 76yr old Brian with fcuked vocals is back after having to 'retire' 5yrs ago

If i can pick up a cheap ticket in the days leading up to the gig then i'll go, cannot justify spending over 100 euro on one

No presale for MCD subscribers anyway

With it been the same weekend as EP and 2 Johnnies do you think the allocation on Friday will 'sell out' ?

Doubt it will sell out at all, top tiers and davin stand will be hard to shift. not including the amount of resales that will be available in the summer.

Pitch standing will sell out easily, the upper stands probably not so easily.

You are underestimating the bandwagoners and event junkies.

Come on, come on, listen to the money talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭villa2008

If anybody has a code / link for the Residents Presale tomorrow and not using it. Please PM same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭RINO87

I'll go on in the morning and see what's there...intend to bring smallie so will need seats. Tend to agree that anything in Croker passed sections XX6 is pointless really. I was in the top tier of the Davin for the Police and it was woeful, seemed like there was no delay set up on the speakers further back the pitch as the sound was waaaaay behind what was happening on stage.

Queud up for physical tickets at Empire Music in Limerick for that one and all!! Last gig I did that for I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Can I be cheeky could I get a residency presale code/link.

If anyone have access to the residents sale can they please screenshot all the different prices please and thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Got very excited when The Police announced that reunion tour - then Croker got announced and the excitement quickly disappeared. Some friends went and said it was absolutely shite - similar seats to yourself. Knew it would be a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

• Registered Users Posts: 1 the rab

Ya screen shot of prices standing and sitting and gold circle if available from residents presale would be great to plan for Friday

Those crazy Celtic Tiger times, who thought an outdoor gig that time of year in Ireland would work. Didn't Roger Waters in the Aviva sell terribly too think it was 2012 or 2013

In more recent times we've seen April and September outdoor gigs which got by great

Was on the pitch for that one, it was amazing. I'd never do a seated gig in a stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I agree with you. The Punchestown gig 2009 was the best gig I've ever been at in this country - unforgettable and unrepeatable. The Aviva gig was a bit meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Brilliant gig but I'll never forget the getting back. It was like the last scene from Titanic!!

Kind of shocked to see that Moneytalks hasn't been played live since 1992.

Its technically their highest charting song in the US.

Great song, dont understand why they don't play it live.

• Advertisement

“I met Brian Johnson and they’d just got off stage and I said, ‘You didn’t play 'Moneytalks’. Johnson, who referenced Edwards as, ‘A fine lass’ then quipped, “Awwww—I **** hate signing that song! I don’t sing it because it's too high!

Fair enough, its a hard song to sing allright, he'd probably not be able to do it justice now.

Brilliant song though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Thunderstruck is far higher vocally than moneytalks though.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

Thunderstruck is a gigantic world wide hit though, there would be uproar if they took that out of the set. I also like money talks though. There's not much room for the setlist to be changed these days, so many songs are staples that will always be there. Looking forward to what couple they bring from the new album, demon fire pretty likely as they played it in the last gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ballumshouse

Hello! I know this is a really big ask, but if there's anyone with an access code or link for the resident's presale for tomorrow morning, could you please send it my way? Desperately want to get tickets for my mum and dad, and I'm worried that I won't be able to take part in the General Sale on Friday due to being in hospital that morning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much, and good luck to everyone hoping to get tickets! 🤘🏻🖤

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

If anyone has a presale code, can I be really cheeky and ask for it? Only band the father hasn't managed to see and I'd absolutely love to snag tickets for him!

If you get a croke park residents ticket there is very few in their allocation so you’d have a slim chance

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Any prices yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

€176.25

€166.25

€146.25

€126.25

€86.25 (Upper Tiers)

There is a front standing/gold circle area, even though it's not displayed on the present venue plan.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Maya Hawke, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Advertisement
Advertisement