Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Maria is normally quite good!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

well...i can make grumpy faces and look pissed off on que and all for a LOT less then hes on...like the time bumble bee man took over from kent brockman...

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

The non attendees pose an interesting dilemma for these committees.

Various TD’s have sprouted on over the years that attendance is mandatory, yet when Angela Kearns went to court, the defence was, she was not obligated to show up, despite grandstanding from Mary Lou and Shane to the contrary.

Would be good to see what the powers are.

Also Dail privilege needs to be curtailed……calling someone a liar in front of tv cameras is a cheap shot.

Someone had got a load of timber for free....

Probably paid to take it away

(The toy show musical set)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

They had advertising going for the Toy Show before they had hired a script writer or gotten anyone to write the songs.

1. Advertise for Toy Show the Musical
    2. ????
    3. Profit!

• Advertisement

• They probably would have done better with a “Meet the Toyman” show, packed a venue full of parents & kids, every child gets a present going out. Santa appears on stage alongside the Toyman, then the Billy Barry’s do a few numbers, kids collect gifts on way out. Not too much prep, Tubridy would only be required on for 20 minutes each night, maybe run it a few times coming up to Christmas.

• Didn’t Mattie say on previous appearance “liar” only he was trying to say “lawyer” or something similar. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Tow

Eimear Cusack is side tracking on the savings. The Revenue rules are the Role must be made redundant for 6 Months. Therefore they would not hire a new CFO for 6 Months. This is basic HR 101.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

Not sure……anytime Mattie shows up, I turn off the feed…..Alan Dillon and his fascination with GAAGO has the same result 🤣

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

A comfort break....

All into a room for a group hug

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Who is the bully that was "moved to the side"? 

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

said it before...face on her like a well slapped arse.....has she been spotted any where? where are all the fearless truth-seeking reporters??? id say if she had a dose of chronic farting george lee would be reporting from her door!!

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

That's what I thought that if someone is being made redundant is because the role no longer exists. Maybe RTE were trying to see if they could get away without a CFO because it looks like they didn't have one anyway with the carry on of Forbes and Coveney

Under Tubs, The Toy Show, year on year had dwindling numbers of toys. DOes anyone know were there actually any toys in Toy Show the Musical. The Convention Centre would work well for a Toy Expo. Get all the toy manufacturers to pay to display their toys, free or a small nominal fee for visitors, Sponsored by Renault, have the Billy Barrys doing a performance somewhere. All the kids go home with a small toy.

Could be a real money maker.

Toy Show the Musical, with no toys, and the script writer finished the script the day before it launched, was doomed to fail from day one.

It's the whole senior management in the organisation, they all seem to not want to question anything Forbes did. Now maybe this is institutional in RTE that the DG is some sort of Pope like figure and should not be questioned. Actually i would extend to the public Service as a whole because it seems Sec Gens have the same sort of hold as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭bigroad

Fund the News and current affairs programs and pay per view for the other muck they show.

News and Current Affairs RTE actually do very well.

Imported Australian soaps, RTE Junior, aka the Peppa Pig Channel, etc can all go pay per view IMO. Though I wouldnt hold my breathe for a large number of subscribers. In some houses the choice between RTE Sub or Disney+ is an easy decision to make.

Mr Coveney got an 'Exit Package' when he resigned. It would only happen on the RTE Gravy Train.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Jaysus Coveney and Forbes were a law unto themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,395 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I don't think the script was actually critically panned. The problem with TSTM and it's failure was because RTE didn't understand it's audience.

The toy show is popular these days largely because of nostalgia - in many ways it's for adults really. An expensive new musical doesn't hit those right buttons.

The mad thing is they thought their toy show brand was so strong that it couldn't fail - a brand that had never been tested outside of a TV special.

Who is the person on video link? He has been forgotten about.

Breada O'Keefee got an Exit Package of 450K

He spoke for ten minutes but didnt realise he was on mute.

🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭bigroad

Getting down to the big payouts now.

We can round it off to half a million each.

It never comes across well when they use the "confidentiality" excuse.

RTE will pay Breada O'Keefee Tax Bill. This 'Tax' will also have to be Taxed as a BIK. Madness, as all Breada's tax allowances will be elsewhere, so RTE will have to pay an Extra (40+8+4.10+11.15) 63.25 percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭mountain

The whole place was like the Wild West. No accountability, no morals, and lashings of tax payers money to be spent without any consequences

• Advertisement

That was my thinking when Backhurst was saying that the place was run in an adhoc way. All I was thinking they are a bunch of cowboys.

Advertisement