Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Light Sensor Wiring Advice

Options
  • 14-02-2024 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Grateful for some advice if you could.

Under this radiator, there is an external light fitting. The front door is recessed under the bedroom.

This is the light fitting. I’m right under the radiator now.

The switch on the left controls the light.

The wire that connects the switch to the light is under the floor boards in front of the radiator circled in red.

I would like to connect into that wire and run it to the left of the radiator underneath which is press. I plan to bring the wire down there and drill out into the exterior wall where I’ll put an external sensor so that the light can come on/off dusk or people coming to the door.

I’ll connect using wagos and a wago box.

I have three questions (some might be a bit simple).

• What’s the name of that type of wire so I can purchase it at an electrical supply shop.

• You’ll see a screw coming through a yellow rawl plug. My handiwork. Any suggestions on what to stick on top of it so that it doesn’t catch anything.

• Finally - any comments welcome. Perhaps on the brand / quality of the sensor. I’d like something discreet and not overt at all.

Thank you.

Comments

Advertisement