Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Tow

Joe would be included in the 55 On Air Ltd companies.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

TD’s and their support staff get the €4.4 million paid out to staff of TDs who left Leinster House following the last election

199 former staff shared in the redundancy payouts, with eight ex-employees receiving packages worth more than €100,000 apiece.

https://www.thejournal.ie/redundancy-payments-staff-dail-eireann-3522357-Jul2017/

Not just for RTE apparently.

If TD’s make a big deal about this, maybe they should sort out their own house first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭mountain

So Rory Coveney squanders 2million, resigns from RTE and gets a “package”, and RTE can’t disclose how much he got.

Seems that nothing has changed in RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

em...probably a stupid question but why do i (and everyone else paying taxes and rte gets a whole ****-ton of taxpayers money!) have to pay her tax bill?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Surely not providing the information when requested has to be fraud. Surely the management need to provide financial information when requested by relevant parties.

This FG Senator is being unfair on the Risk person, fair play to her for standing up to him.

• Advertisement

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

On the same reasoning, I could never understand how Siun was allowed on the RTE Board.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

It comes across that Coveney was paid to leave. I hate that, they should have left him there to rot

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Throwing around public money like there's no tomorrow and being able to keep the actual amounts to each person secret and this is after the goings on of the last year, wtf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Even cowboys are answerable to the sheriff though. When does the law catch up on these RTE chancers?

I am sure there are many TDs, sports referees and people in a whole host of other roles who would love to be anonymous due to the nature of their work. There are some ugly people out there, who can take professional decisions personally.

If you want anonymity, don't join the board of the National Broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

well past time to stop with all the guff...call in the garda fraud squad,revenue...maybe even cab?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

There should be anonymity in any public role and this should be made clear to anyone taking up the roles.

M

"Blink twice for each €100k they got in goodbye money" 😂

M

Backhurst was at the wheel here when these new questionable exit deals were going on, what's he at?

M

106 tickets sold in August, that wouldn't even cover the electricity needed to run the ad for the month.

The (lack of) power of excrescence advertising on RTE for ticket sales...

"72 tickets sold in July, the numbers are tragic." says RTE lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭bigroad

How much did they lose on advertising while promoting their own show ,is included in the 2.3 million ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭bigroad

Oh they might make Forbes's come in

HaHa.

M

There's definitely a film or musical to be made from all these shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The chair is very strong on the deception narrative.

Forbes and Coveney need to answer a lot of questions.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Gary_dunne

The comment made with a laugh when they said they were going over time that "We'll delay our taxis no worries," taxis being paid by RTE for each and everyone of these out of taxpayers money would boil your blood.

M

They should have called in Andrew Lloyd Webber today to explain why he thinks TSTM failed so dramatically 😁

Nothing. The cost was not taken into account at all.

She didn't hold back. Can't blame her, some of the Senior Management like Anne O'Leary tried to do their job but when those above her are hiding stuff what are they do. Others where just ticking boxes so they could say if the crap hit the fan we asked the questions.

Pension.... This will be a big cost. We have seen nothing yet.

295 Bogus Self Employments going back decades will have pension rights.

• Advertisement

Timmy Dooley "no one benefited from this", they did, they were living a life of luxury and enriching their mates and then when they left were given golden handshakes. So they did benefit from this.

Advertisement