Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The taxi drivers waiting outside for them with the meter running now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

The hr department had no it wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭bigroad

Straight to the Burlington after for dinner and drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,395 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

In a way I can understand in my head what happened with TSTM. It was the pet project/big brain idea from two senior executives that everyone was afraid to call out. They went down a blind alley hoping it would all come good in the end. The mistakes they made were blindingly obvious though. Innovation in the public sector sadly is often limited because of the fear of failure, the fact that they didn't do a test production to see if there was appetite for their show is mad. If they had lost €250k on it, I don't think you could criticise them for trying something different, or pulled the plug early when it was sinking.

What I really don't understand though is the Tubridy payments affair. I can't fathom why executives would put their reputation on the line to retain any broadcaster, no matter how talented - let alone RT. Holding onto Tubs did Forbes absolutely no favours, the deal only contained risk for her. I still cannot understand her motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Tow

Brendan Griffin is trying to get figures on the backdated employee rights, and the face on Cusack could kill.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,276 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Why did O'Keefe spill the beans on her own 450k redundancy?

It's obscene money.

Only fools will be paying their license fee now.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

oh yes!!! when i drove a taxi we'd often get a call for say 5or6 taxis from where ever the execs where having a meeting,turn up on time,some guy would come out,all apologies,"oh so sorry,not ready yet" meters on,every extra we could think of banged on,feckin meter would be smoking by the time theyd come out sometimes...often wished there was a "dipsh1t" extra...the best part was they were all going back to the same office!!

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Tow

Tubs Podcast: "We didn't want it at this stage"

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

He is certainly probing...not happy with th information given. Was she the weakest in the room?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭bigroad

Maybe it was a case of Forbes paying back to whoever pulled the strings for her to get the position of DG ,because as we have seen,she was in no way suitable for that position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

this is fraud no matter how they dance around the fact

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Redundancy is about role elimination, not getting rid of specific individuals.

Given this, I'd love to know how they justify making a CFO redundant, particularly when they are immediately replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Rte. The gift that keeps on giving🥴

I agree wholeheartedly with anyone who says rte needs to be changed before tv licence payment decision is made or else we're back to the old suck-the-well-crowd looking after themselves and to hell with the little people.

God but that Forbes has so much to answer for and the cowardly weasel (no offence to actual weasels) is hiding behind her sick note.

Shame on her.

Shame on o Keeffe for her greed.

Shame on Moya, she's not trustworthy in my op.

The whole frigging shower of them🥺🙄

And bakhurst is not the saviour he's made out to be. Cotton wool has more back bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Why would anyone get an exit package when they resign??

• Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No sign of Coveney or Forbes to answer questions

Did I hear correct Forbes got no exit package?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,395 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

You get an exit package typically when you are handed your resignation letter instead of handing in your resignation letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Backhurst must have thought it was somehow ok. No doubt it's a deal with silence purchased from the resigned person regarding the deal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

He was in the golden circle. Too big a name to question, a brand that RTE had deluded themselves into thinking they couldn't do without. It wasn't for nothing that practically all of RTE's on air talent was represented by Noel Kelly either. A very cute operator who obviously knew how to extract top money for his clients

• Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Plus. The convention centre is a strange choice. The Gaiety would be the obvious choice. Was there a brown envelope from the Convention Centre saying "Here's a few thousand to help you decide what venue you want to choose..", Considering its obvious basic financial management was not performed, I'd assume 3rd party vendor procurement processes were not followed either. So half the cast were probably friends of some of the management types.

Yep I have been asking that question for ages. The next CFO was also baffled by it. Richard Something who is also gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

But... but... but, Its my patriotic duty to pay the TV License!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

Forbes was leaving anyway and brought forward her departure date using holidays.

Her last day in RTE was the week before all this broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

Not so strange when you realise TD’s get redundancy even if they choose not to stand for re-election.

Some of the blame for this rests with the Revenue Commissioners who don’t seem to query these roles being made redundant without a merger or acquisition or closing of a location etc taking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

wonder do any of the higher-ups in rte read this....? just in case they do...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your arse and may your arms grow too short to reach your arse ...

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Is Timmy still sitting in the Seànad, the home for bewildered ex TD’s ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

How did Eimear Cusack even got that job?

She's now waiting on her own golden handshake at our expense.

450k exit pay is lottery type money.

RTE has been broke for years.

RTE can't be trusted with large sums of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭batman75

Dee Forbes is taking the pee out of those that paid her wages for years. I suspect her illness isn't very genuine. Indeed as others have said it's a kick in the teeth for all those who have genuine mental health issues. It's a shame the Government can't suspend her pension until she appears to answer. These people are happy to pick up their fat pay cheques, goodbye money and fat pensions yet won't accept that they are accountable for their actions.

All we as the public can do is shun her until she dies or wakes up to the reality that her huge rewards came with corresponding responsibilities and they now require her to answer honestly for her time at RTE. I have no faith in Bakhurst to reform RTE in any meaningful way. Full of hot air and soundbites.

Advertisement