Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein and how do they form a government dilemma

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

😂

Honestly that is hilarious you declaring "Sorry, that doesn't wash"

The irony when you review your posts and the number of excuses you make daily.

As I said I have no interest in the 100 posts of nonsense, give me a shout when you get some accountability from Sinn Fein

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I think - judging by recent polls - SF popularity spike may have already peaked. I'm less worried about a risk of switch to an SF led government now than I was before the recent immigration issues and SF's arse splinters from fence sitting.

The most likely outcome from recent polls looks like a hung dail, unless either SF or FFFG can get enough "others/IND" on board. Whatever it is, it is likely to be less stable than the current regime. I personally hope for FF+FG+Anyone else except GP &SF

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'm not talking about choice I'm looking at the path to 50%+1 seat, to form a government. The main crux is what is likely to happen after the next GE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Politicians have been sent to Jail, they lost jobs, they lost their seats. What type of toxic accountability are you referring to?

We are going around in circles.

If you don’t understand what proper consistent accountability is, that is on you.

If it is not in place when your boogeyman and women get in and you are right about their intentions I fear for your sleep and sanity.

I know that may be tongue in cheek but I also know who will be whinging about the lack of a proper consistent regulatory regime.

Im sorry, but you go off on ephemeral issues like 'toxicity' because of the 'powerswap'. You cant even define or explain correctly what you mean.

It seems you are using negative and pejorative words for the of it.

And of course in the SF thread..

If it bothers you so much, perhaps start a separate thread on it?

I didn’t go off on anything.

I am not hung up on a phrase or a word, I used them in making a point, explained what I meant and I am not discussing my right to use perfectly legitimate words and phrases any more. If you don’t agree, I cannot help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

There are probably two conclusions at this stage.

(1) The accusation against FF and FG of toxicity does not stand up. Those making that accusation don't seem to be able to back it up, that means the accusation is born of hyperbole at the least, and inflamatory trolling at the worst. Not for me to judge where on the spectrum the accusation stands at the minute.

(2) It has been conceded that all parties have a problem with accountability. As this thread is solely about SF, and the government one about the government, we can ignore accountability issues of the government here and concentrate on SF.

When you get diversionary antics around items like toxicity and power swaps, it is always worth taking a look at the news to see what we are being diverted from. Well, first we have the fiasco on the TV licence:

Sinn Fein as is normal, sides with the criminals, those who have refused to pay their licence.

"Because they will always be of a view that Sinn Féin will give an amnesty to those who have never paid a bill or who never intended to pay a bill in the first instance."

Another back-firing policy initiative.

Then there is the begging bowl philosophy:

"Ms Archibald said it was "not acceptable" for London to make the write-off of a £559m debt conditional on the publication and implementation of a sustainability plan."

Why not? To get a couple of thousand euro from a local council, even community groups have to produce a plan for spending it, yet Caoimhe somehow thinks that a £559m debt write-off should come with no strings attached, not even a plan, so that she can run up another deficit.

I suppose I deserve the response of something something partitionist toxic power swap.

• Advertisement

I have explained several times why I use those words. Partitionist is only a pejorative if you take it that way. It is just as legitimate as unionist republican separatist.

Something toxic can kill you, make you sick or slightly nauseous, if you take it as the higher end of scale, still, even when I explained that is not what I meant = your problem. Power swap describes how power swapped between 2 parties for a cenrury. I also clarified that I did not imply that was a deliberate or sinister plot but just how it worked out. You continue to take umbrage = your problem.

The rest of that is a TLDR Shinner rant tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭pureza

Your language mirrors the Sinn Féin online armies on social media

That's fine you can do that and you can playfully to and fro with your detractors here as you see fit,that's a waste of time to me

However I'm here for the facts in debate

it's been pointed out umpteen times and it's a well known fact published by 100's of books by esteemed writers and journalists that FF and FG fought tooth and nail with each other for every seat for over a 100 years

They did not swap power

There were only 2 leading electable government parties because your party and others abdicated responsibility in not providing choice for government

Yours in particular by being soviet friendly

No amount of you repeating a lie about power swapping makes it the truth

No amount of waiting until the thread runs on a few 10's of pages in the hopes previous debunking of the nonsense is forgotten makes that do either

It just looks silly as does the just as stupid replies from some of your detractors

This tread is pathetic

Start a new thread on the 'powerswap' or so-called 'toxicity' of it, as it has nothing to do with SF or this thread.

Something toxic can kill you, make you sick or slightly nauseous, if you take it as the higher end of scale, still, even when I explained that is not what I meant = your problem.

Yet you are flapping about the place and dancing on a pinhead in trying to explain to us that the use of the word 'toxic' is not a pejorative?

Pull the other one.

Last time.

‘Power swapped between them’ is different to they swapped it between them.

FF in power for a period then FG then back in came FF to be replaced by FG and so on.

Nobody arranged it or organised it but it happened.

If I said ‘The premiership title swapped between Man U, and Man City for a number of years’, nobody would see it as a pejorative.

I am done explaining this.

I don’ like ‘toxic’ things of any strength.

I think the arrogance and comfort that resulted from power only swapping between two parties for so long was and is a ‘bad’ or toxic thing for us. In other words ‘I don’t like it’.

Sinn Fein = I like

Anything not Sinn Fein = I don't like

That is what the content of every single post is from you so as I said you have no credibility. It's just a party political broadcast with each post.

Pity for you in this scenario the most toxic party is Sinn Fein and jumping around for another 24 hours and hundreds of posts won't change that.

Still waiting on that accountability from Sinn Fein. 😂

Five things.

1) FF and FG fought each other, tooth and nail for the the guts of 90 years

2) Your use of the word toxic is without merit, cause, or justification.

3) Your use of the words is just there to inflame and insult

4) Start a new thread on it, if it bothers you so much

5) Given you claim to only have voted for SF for the first time in 2020 (a lie), weren't you a willing participant in this 'toxic' arrangement up to only recently? Bit rich to cry about it now.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion.

I said this before, if it is proven that any party is involved in criminality the onus is not on random internet posters to prove or disprove it. That is on the arms of the state who have the power vested in them.

If these rumours you have heard are verifiable can you explain why the vested authorities have not acted?

I made my decision on whether SF were living up to their commitments in the GFA, not based on books or newspapers or internet rumour mongering but the assessments of those tasked with monitoring.

You have been banging on about this for the past 4 years.

It's boring and tiring.

Move on, or start a new thread.

We are talking about a nebulous plan concocted by the power swap parties.

• Advertisement

I made my decision on whether SF were living up to their commitments in the GFA, not based on books or newspapers or internet rumour mongering but the assessments of those tasked with monitoring.

Such as?

The bodies tasked with monitoring the GFA committments IMC.

Also, I see neither the Gardai or Revenue conducting criminal investigations into SF or their finances.

Until that happens then I assume their affairs are in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The PSNI told us most recently that the Army Council of the PIRA was still operative.

And involved exclusively in democratic means, again if they are active as a paramilitary force that is for the monitors, the PSNI and Gardai to act on.

Fine by me, I meant what I agreed to in the GFA - that these people were to get involved in democratic politics. I didn't have glass ceilings in mind.

How they structure their party or elect officials is their business really, I can fully understand, given where they came from, why there is a culture of privacy about what they do. Same as it is for other parties. All of them have different ways of doing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭pureza

That's NOT TRUE

Voters arranged that ,helped on by parties like yours who abdicated responsibility

There was no swap and you cannot use swap and toxic etc etc as derisory terms like you and your social media comrades do without insulting the voters and without examining the real reason for an effectively 2 party albeit healthily competing 2 party state-other parties incompetence

You claim you made your decision on Sinn Fein away from "books or newspapers or internet rumours"

Yet you make your decision on other parties based on what, from the contents of your posts, Sinn fein tell you.

The same content is shared daily across all social media website, on twitter, facebook, reddit etc etc. So it is clearly been fed to people from a central point, in my opinion anyway.

It's wash, rinse, repeat in terms of the content, the phrases (partition, west brit) etc which you regurgitate daily on here for years now.

No chance a group of people from seemingly different parts of the country/background etc could all come up with the same contents/idea's weekly for over 4 years now. Meanwhile Sinn fein had started a huge push for online supporters just before this phenomenon started.

Meanwhile ignoring any issues with Sinn Fein or their members.

Hence why you have zero credibility in what you post. It's just regurgitated propaganda from a political party.

Yet you make your decision on other parties based on what

Based on exactly the same criteria I use to vote for SF.

What I (not you or anyone else) regard as facts about them.

You are entitled to your opinion about facts from a 'central point' it is just that though, an opinion.

And I would suggest it's an opinion based on stuff you picked up online - 'the old, white bearded men in the Antrim hills sinisterly plotting to overthrow the state' variety of rumour.

Well, we all know the boys in West Belfast i.e PIRA, runs the show for SF.

You claim you made your decision on Sinn Fein away from "books or newspapers or internet rumours"

Yet you make your decision on other parties based on what, from the contents of your posts, Sinn fein tell you.

Correct.

It must be great to be so all-knowing, wise and full of perfect awareness to know everything about SF and FF/FG/etc.. that you don't need to read any books, or newspapers, keep up with the news, listen to podcasts, or learn anything new at all.

Once you know that. SF is good, everyone else bad, that is all that is needed.

It shows a lack of ability to learn new things. There is a hint of fanaticism and zealotry there too.

• Advertisement

Until that happens then I assume their affairs are in order.

Yet you don't share the same assessment about other parties, calling their arrangement toxic where there is a lack of accountability to this arrangement.

Advertisement