Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ian3101

Collecting M3H tomorrow, insurance is a nightmare! Full licence 19 years. Full no claims bonus, country address etc. Most places won't even quote it and they all seem to only have the SR plus listed, not the RWD.... I'll call them in the morning 🙄

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s pretty much the same car. If anything to happen, the SR cost to replace is the same as the RWD.

That's a fair point. I just didn't want to be insuring the wrong version and it cause complications if god forbid I needed to claim at some point. I insured a Cupra Born when they were first launched and it was fun times, you'd swear I was trying to insure a fighter jet with the way they handled it. I'll call in the morning, just to be safe

Post edited by ian3101 on

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Didnt go through with the Y in the end and have probably missed the boat on the finance offer now anyway. It's a 3 I really want tbh, have they ever done 0% finance on the model 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Diffidence

It did thanks. They didn't check ID or anything! Gave my name and they said go find your car. Then I drove off. Some people were getting pictures taken ad everything. The only annoyance was they gave me the car with 16% battery. I knew it would be under 50% because of the email, but 16% seems excessively low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

16%??? christ on a bike! i would run out of juice 7km from home.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Time bound incentives (finance and discounts) are and have been introduced from time to time, to promote sales but usually associated with specifics, when new upgrade model is imminent, when stock needs to be reduced from inventory (as Tesla financial quarter end approaches), or when target sales numbers need to be met. There is a reason why the 0% is limited to Model Y and not Model 3. With the new Model 3 launched, demand high and for 2024 Tesla have not set a target for number of sales... my instinct would be that you will not see 0% on the Mod 3 anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Anyone hear any updates on model y deliveries? I've a mountain of ignored emails and messages, made calls and been told someone would come back with an update and nothing.

Left sitting in limbo now, crazy poor customer service.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Do you have a VIN just waiting on exact date? Have VIN here and says 14 Feb - 28 Feb. Just been changing by a day everyday. Contact hasn't been made with them yet for an update though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Disgraceful giving a car with only 16% charge. Especially if LFP. Takes a few charges for the bms to learn empty to full. A few cars ran out of juice at about 20% iirc when I collected mine 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Tesla remind me a lot of Ryanair

Customer service is bad

Decent value for money

Print your own tickets/collect your own car

Bypass travel agents/dealers

Loud and controversial CEOs

Not interested in transfer tickets or trade-ins

Congrats on buying your Ryanair car everybody 😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Just back from a test drive in M3H RWD lovely car super quiet inside snd no stalks didn’t bother me. Can’t wait to get it now. Tesla Sandyford was packed a lot asking to order the Y on 0%.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Same as the user above and in guessing yourself too. Have an inventory Y ordered and had 14 February - 28 February yesterday. Today it's 15 February - 1 March. I've also got a few unanswered emails but not in relation to how soon I can get the car, as it actually suits me to wait a few weeks, but they're obviously just not answering anything at the moment. I'd say they're up the walls catching up on the M3H stuff now that that's sorted so I'm guessing anything related to the Y is on the back burner, especially if they've basically got no update. I'm up there for a test drive on Saturday so I'll see if I can speak go someone in person and will pass on any information I get, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Is the servicing etc. Similar to this? Or is that better as its managed locally

• Registered Users Posts: 39 caiconafita

Can we have some pics from the lucky people that collected the new M3H? 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Zoom Zoom

Out of curiosity, to the repeat Tesla buyers on here, any ballpark on how many cars per day they deliver here? Only M3H's being delivered it seems while the MY issue gets resolved... could they do a hundred a day maybe? 50? Not exactly the hands-on experience as vouched by Diffidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I've had no issues with servicing, usually quiet prompt in the app between diagnosis, estimate and booking.

Though mobile appointments can be a couple weeks wait (not sure about service centers)

My last mobile appointment was supposed to be 2 weeks from when I requested service, but the ranger actually called a week early as he had the parts and was in my area so.

Chap in Sandyford told me today they got the first 100 M3H out yesterday.

• Advertisement

Wow. Hopefully 100 a day continues, us M3H buyers will surely get the nod inside 7 days if so. Can't imagine they have sold more than 700 M3H's in total. Not to wish further delays on our MY cousins in this forum of course 😊🙈. To add... Tesla delivered 645 Model 3s in the first half of 2023 in Ireland... not a wildly popular model as such albeit the face-lift may sway a few more

Feb 27 to Mar 13th. Has been that way for a while now. All will depend on how soon the MY deliveries begin I guess... there will be hundreds of those in the queue ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

Have a model Y from inventory ordered, when I logged in this morning it asked me to pay the balance due but does not give any estimate of a delivery date on that they will be in contact.

should I pay the balance or wait for delivery date?

just to add it did not say pay balance due yesterday when I logged in

Same. I’d say our cars are on the G.Poseidon currently off the coast of Africa and due for arrival in Zeebrugge on 20th so that would align with the 27th Feb-13th March delivery window.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Same as me so. Do you have VIN?

Yes. I had an original order but was showing Apr/May and didn’t want to wait so bought from inventory.

Fingers crossed so. I did read a comment in the past week here in this forum about a batch of white RWDs on their way, would correlate to your thought.

Collected today, they were absolutely up the walls getting cars ready and handed over. Really simple process. Delighted with the car 😀

• Advertisement

OMG those pics make it SOOOOOO real. This is happening !! Thanks so much for sending on, and long may she wear for you

Advertisement