Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

Hi Guys

I currently have an Irish account and if i want to change to a Turkish account, can I just cancel my sub and wait till Netflix stops working and then login to my account using a Turkish VPN and renew with Turkish Netflix vouchers? or do i need a Turkish credit card?

TIA

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭sibersha

Try again today, sometimes the numbers take a day or two to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I tried this, but it keeps saying incorrect password when I try to login

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Turkish prices going up AGAIN

Basic price from 99.99 to 119.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭ooter

• Advertisement

You can't sign up for Netflix turkey but you can add a payment card through the fire stick app to a lapsed account. If you set up a new Netflix account using a Turkish vpn and then log in on the fire stick app you should be able to add a payment card but not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lucylou2020

Have turkish vpn on and trying to sign up on Netflix turkey using my email address but keeps saying "something went wrong" regardless of what email address I use. Is there any reason that it is doing this?

I'd say it's the VPN you're using, I just tried to set up a new account using Express VPN and I got as far as adding a payment method.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

If it’s a popular free vpn with a common IP address used it might be blacklisted or flagged. Maybe the account will be flagged for suspicious activity idk

I presume adding a card to a lapsed account is an option in the firestick/android app as you already have your account details and just need the updated payment.

I would guess the app is a lighter version of Netflix and a bit more basic therefor avoiding a lot of the location, vpn and browser issues

Worthwhile investing in a good vpn anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DeWanderer

If not already doing so try using an incognito tab, while using your vpn.

Only works for me with incognito.

• Advertisement

Multiscreen price 1080p also up to TL 176.99/month!

Price increase history:

March 2024: TL 176.99/month

October 2023: TL 149.99/month

June 2023: TL 97.99/month

Up from May 2023: TL 69.99/month

In 10 Months there has been a 153% increase. In other words, the new price is 253% of the original price.

Cost ~ €5.34 per Month.

I was pleasantly surprised to see money taken from my bank account this morning for Netflix.

I have a Turkish account. AIB card expired.

Tried adding new card using incognito and keep solid VPN. Got errors.

Also tried same with my Irish IP address. Same errors.

Card was definitely not accepted after multiple attempts to make it either a backup or a replacement to my expired card.

This morning, magically, money was taken from my new card.

I can only guess that someone or some software at netflix sorted the issue.

Anyway, hopefully this works for others too.

My OH had to change her bank card and her YouTube premium and Netflix are still being taken out of her new card, not sure how it's happening cos she hasn't tried to update her payment details on either.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mileycactus

Anyone having issue buying turgame vouchers lately. Keeps telling me I’m using a VPN/proxy and I’m not. Can’t seem to get around it to top up my Netflix credit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭bren2001

Ah yeah, compare it to the price of the Turkish Lira tho which is plummeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,883 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ya, it always ends up evening out at around €5-6.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭muloc

Mine came out today at TL 176.99 no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lukeeman

Hi, turn off vpn when buying off turgame, turn back on when applying to netflix turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I had a card (Revolut) added to my account which has been paying for my Turkish subscription no problem. I just noticed a couple of days ago that the last payment that was due didn't go through and when I checked Netflix, there are no payment methods on my account (the card did not expire). Now I'm having the "something went wrong" error when I try to add the card back (NordVPN, using Chrome Incognito). Has anyone else had this happen, and what's the best way to add the card again?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Hi all, looking over the last few pages its not clear what i need to do.

Have turkish account with a PTSB card attached as for some reason it went through when nothing else would.

After several happy years, Cards due to expire in the next few days whats my best course of action?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

I just use turgame vouchers

@chillinpenguin do you have a fire stick, if so try updating your details through the Netflix app on that when your subscription finally runs out and you can't view anything any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Looks like something has drastically changed. I can't log in to Netflix at all now on a Turkish VPN, but with the VPN off, I can.

Won't be renewing at Irish prices, so if it that's it, so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Try doing it incognito .

i’ve had no bother adding turgame vouchers logged in without vpn though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭lau1247

Anyone having problem signing up to Turgame.. been trying to register an account, it get to phone verification, I get the code but whenever I enter it, it keeps giving me "Forbidden. Message seems to be spam". Any suggestion?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

This happened me too. Don't get it but, hey, as long as it lasts...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I had it happen to me with a different service after getting a new card, looks like banks automatically update details for cards on certain services and it looks like Netflix is one of them. Pretty handy all the same if it is the case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

My turkish account membership got cancelled today not sure why getting restart membership option

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭jamesd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

can u explain how? its says to goto web for updating ur account

Advertisement