Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

My step ladder arrived today, fantastic quality. Fair play OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Treppen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

• Registered Users Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Good price for the dishwasher tablets. Got 4.

Ladder arrived today. Very impressed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,866 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ladder pics finally..

.. this the ladder in me tights..

PM for moar pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Is that a ladder in your tights or a stairway to haven?

/Gets coat and leaves.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭ablelocks

it used to be easy to find the chat option, now it seems not - anyone have a link?

I bought 4 800 lumen philips hue, used like new. What i got were 4 570 lumen bulbs - someone out there got 800 lumen bulbs for free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭con747

On the bottom of the page press customer service, press "something else" "contact us".

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

yeah, that's just their customer service home page - when i try to find an option to chat, it ain't there (or i can't find it). I could just return the item, but i want to highlight what happened

edit #: found it

only the "says delivered, but it's not here" button brings you thru to an option to chat - all the others only had an option to return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭con747

I edited that post so you should get to chat to someone.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

tried to get a replacement set of bulbs instead of refund, but no go. got £5 gift card, a sincere apology and a promise to raise the issue with the warehouse management. had heard of this type of issue before, but first time experiencing it. I did think the price was a bit low, even for a warehouse order - i wonder did they hope that the difference wouldn't be noticed (and it nearly wasn't!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

That stinks, surely they'll be able to pursue the previous buyer for the false return if they're bothered since it affects future customers and the reputation of the warehouse deals.

Philips Hue don't do a B22 bulb with 570 lumens (800, 1100 & 1600 for 60W, 75W and 100W equivalent) so were they not even Philips bulbs that were returned? Surely Amazon warehouse perform some sort of check on returns, so many reports of cheap tools in particular being substituted for the originals which are left for future customers to discover and the resulting hassle of trying to resolve and missing out on a potential deal.

fyi, I bought a 4 pack of Philips Hue B22 colour 800 lumens bulbs last week brand new from Amazon when they were on sale at £80.42 (Irish 23% VAT). They're due to be delivered on Mon, I had an alert created to notify me when the price dropped under £80 so keep an eye out (they're back to a whopping £124.07 again)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I wouldn't be in the least bit suprised if warehouse don't just send out the same set of bulbs again to a future buyer - I don't believe they make any checks. Recently ordered a keyboard (used like new) and a key did not work so had to send back again - surely the original purchaser told them this and either it should have been listed properly or returned to manufacturer. I put a post it on outside of box for the Warehouse staff. When I ordered I got the last warehouse keyboard, since returning a keyboard appeared, used like new and has been sold (i presume, as gone again) - potentially the damaged keyboard is off again - what a waste of postage costs.

My recent purchases from warehouse have been 50% returned so, I have given up unless there is a serious discount - I actually got a warning email from Amazon re my level of returns!

I usually write a note on the returns box if it's sent back .

If its something I know will be missed by the guys in the returns warehouse I put a note inside the original packing (for the next buyer) but I've also found it a good argument for getting a full refund and keeping that item. If you tell the agent on chat that the issue can't be seen be someone in the warehouse unless they take it out of the box and try and use it they sometimes let you keep it ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭9935452

Id say the checks at the warehouse are minimal.

I once got an empty parcel from them. Fully sealed

I was ordering the last one of an item. So assume they were out

They have an option online for box arrived empty.

You need to be a bit persuasive ;-) Last time it happened to me I asked the rep to provide proof that it wouldn't get sent out again.

• Advertisement

they are Philips hue bulbs (unless they're counterfeit) - they did work, but weren't bright enough when i installed them, that's why i checked them.

I will put a note in the box when i return them

Strange, maybe they're an early release bulb although have never heard of their existence previously. I got my first Philips Hue kit about 7 years ago and wouldn't be privy to developments prior to that. Take some pics of them before sending back for reference.

The small E14 bulbs are 470 lumens, on the market for a couple more of them but they're stupid money at over £70 and rarely if ever on offer.

Update/correction to my earlier statement so as to not mislead any future readers.

So my new 4 pack of Philips Hue B22 colour 800 lumen bulbs arrived yesterday and to my surprise and similar to @ablelocks printed on the side of the bulbs and box is 570 Lumens @ 2700K but then in smaller print "9W 806lm @4000K 70mA" and then "220-240Vac 6.5W @2700k".

Checked versus various older Philips Hue bulbs I have and they just have 806 Lumen printed on the bulbs. The smaller print have some with "A60 9.5W 65 mA" and others with "A60 10W 70mA". Plugging both in to compare and there's no noticeable difference in brightness but the new ones are noticeably lighter so weighing them have the older bulbs at 132g versus 78g for the new. Very confusing though as to why the new bulbs have the lumen output shown for a reduced wattage on a warmer colour scale, why not have the max output shown at a standard 4000K or whatever level (all bulbs have a temperature scaling from 2000K to 6500K)

The 800 lumen bulbs are sufficient for my needs as 3 will be used in a single pendant light so I'll be keeping them. I was curious as to why delivery took so long however as I had ordered them from the UK on 03-Feb and received an email on 06-Feb to say the order had been dispatched so contacted Amazon last night. They confirmed they had no stock locally and shipped from an international location and since the order hadn't arrived on due date 12-Feb they're now refunding me 50% of the purchase price so a nice result.

nice one - mine arrived within 48hours (from the warehouse)

I had started the returns process but hadn't shipped them yet - so you reckon these are actually ok?

Yes, I reckon they are as stated and 800 lumen at 4000K and not counterfeit etc so the equivalent of an old 60W incandescent bulb. Whether that's sufficient for your needs only you can determine but they do have newer 1100 lumen and 1600 lumen bulbs which maybe more suitable but at a hefty price premium.

I wouldn't return the items personally since you got them at such a good price so could look at selling them/some privately to fund the purchase of the stronger bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭the_galway_fry

sorry if wrong place but how long usually to get a refund on something , i posted it back on the 6th and still no sign of a refund, still says they havent reccieved it on my orders!

If it's been 2 weeks, just get onto CS Agent and ask them for refund. The proof you've posted it is sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I got refund as soon as I posted because I got into chat and sent them the receipt

I got my refund for a recent return a couple of hours after an post received it - didn't have to contact chat

• Advertisement

Probably 80% of the returns I've had required some intervention from chat.

If I was a sceptical individual, I'd say they'd be as happy getting the item back and hoping customer forgets about refund... good thing I'm not a sceptic! 😀

Certainly have never got a refund a few hours after handing the item to An Post.

Advertisement