Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

“Throughout all these [Invictus] families I see it on a day-to-day basis the strength of the family unit coming together. I think any illness*, any sickness brings families together.”

😀

* Except my non-Billionaire father in law of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭maebee

What a hypocrite he is. His wife's father is ill and ageing. Him and his missus haven't done much to bring that family together. He hasn't even met his FIL, who in turn, hasn't even met his grandchildren.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,105 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Live text reporting on an interview?

I thought he wasn't important.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

why should they? thomas markle and others within that family engaged in **** behaviour.

why in hell would prince harry and princess meghan of sussex bother to bring them together as part of the family? it's thomas markle's own fault he hasn't saw his granchildren.

he knows what he needs to do if he wants a relationship with his daughter and granchildren.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

why should they?

Because (as already pointed out!) Harry himself said “Throughout all these families I see it on a day-to-day basis the strength of the family unit coming together. I think any illness, any sickness brings families together.”

Harry is, therefore, a Category 5 hypocrite.

Harry refuses to offer 'outlook' on the King's cancer

Prince Harry stopped short on sharing details of the King’s prognosis. 

Asked for “his outlook” on his father’s health, he said: “That stays between me and him.”

------------------

I presume you will be offering a retraction?

I'm pleasantly surprised he didn't go down that path.

Ah that was kind of him. 🙄

What was the actual point of this interview then? The official version is to promote the Invictus Games but GMA in their promo tweet listed the reason they are actually there as #3 on the agenda for his interview.

Being cynical, and taking the whole rebranding and renaming themselves exercise currently into account, it could be seen as an attempt to remind any potential investors/collaborators that he's all good and tight with the King. Remember that Harry always made it clear that he was also close and tight with his granny while she was monarch (e.g. On Oprah with his I love my Granny...but....ummm....F*ck You Gan Gan). It's a manipulation as such.

It's a good strategy imo since it will keep within the Harry-never-to-blame mental gymnastics which get routinely employed.

Hint: It's Williams fault.

His flying visit showed that while he met his father it was quite notable that he didn't meet his brother. His dad is still his dad after all. Unconditional love. Ignoring his hypocrisy about family reunification then my guess is that he knows his brother (understandably) has sweet FA time for him anymore and it plays well for Harry to infer that the only thing stopping them all getting merrily back together is his bollox of brother who aint fer it but agin it. Would potential backers, investors or collaborators buy into that line of thinking? Who knows.

Each day, with each utterance and each activity, he is more resembling Prince Mario-Max Schaumburg-Lippe.

• Advertisement

Being cynical

I think that could be your problem, it's your default position when discussing these 2 strangers.

Maybe and it's just a suggestion, try be a bit less cynical and more balanced.

For instance.

it could be seen as an attempt to remind any potential investors/collaborators that he's all good and tight with the King.

Why would the investors give a flying fúck about a doddery ould man child who has a tantrum if his pen isn't working? Particularly American ones.

Harry like his mother is the box office.

The rest are second fiddle to that. If they are even in the band at all.

See this thread for further proof.

Lizzy was iconic largely due to longevity, but she long gone. What is left of the Royal Family is rather underwhelming, unrelatable and pretty boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Will you just get over P&H calling themselves the Sussexes. Just look at how the Royal family name themselves. Prince Andrew's children are called Yorks, (and not Mountbatten-Windsor), Prince Michael's family are called the Kents (he is Duke of Kent), the Duke of Gloucester's family are called the Gloucesters (think they are first cousins of QEII). The Kents and Gloucesters all have coats of arms and they were engaged in business as well. For example, Prince Michael who had some sort of a consultancy business, retained his HRH and coat of arms despite never been a 'working' (paid)member of the RF (although he did some work).

https://web.archive.org/web/20180328200616/http://www.princemichael.org.uk/

Do you have a problem with all of these retaining all these titles and benefits of being members of the RF?

You need to face up to the fact that no matter what anyone says or wants, Harry will always be a royal (and by extension his wife and children).

Prince Mario is a qualified lawyer and is earning his own living as a journalist and broadcaster. Whats your problem with that? That he spoke well of his distant cousin Harry?

Edit: Prince Mario's mother is also a lawyer!

To be Royal and to be boring is pretty much the point. They are not celebrities or creative types.

Jeez I wonder what ever happened in the last three years in following this to make me cynical. A head scratcher. The hypocrisy in your post is quite fantastic. Requesting balance when discussing Harry and Meghan. I might ask you to do the same when discussing pretty much everyone else in this who isn't Harry and Meghan (Chuck, Will et al) but that would be futile. To look at this objectively then they are not working royals anymore. They are linked to the family but also the monarchy and such links and its unique selling point were what helped land them those initial commercial deals with Netflix, Spotify etc.

I doubt giving multi million deals to unproven creatives/producers is a solid business move but signing exclusivity with two Royals with stories to tell is. I also think if Harry made it abundantly clear that he was severing ties with his family, didn't want to discuss them, was going to live privately then regardless of his titles and status then none of those deals would have been signed through.

It is not a coincidence that any non-royal related commercial output they have produced (or wish to produce) isn't shifting. Whether they like it or not then that is what their selling point is and I'm sure they are well aware of this. As such it is in their interests to retain that selling point. They don't have to actually kiss and make up with the family but to big up their unique status as royals from a monarchy is beneficial for them. There are no realistic plans to reunify and so to conjure up a narrative (i.e. I'm all for forgiveness and hugs but my brother is having none of it sadly....diddums....where do I sign?) is a good strategy for them. Balanced. See?

Where did I say I have any kind of problem whatsoever with them renaming themselves?

he isn't a hypocrit at all.

the fact he said something which will be true in some cases but not all cases does not mean it is possible in his or meghan's case or should happen.

some families have members that are just to toxic to be brought together with other members of the family, by illness or another circumstance.

thomas markle knows what he needs to do if he wants a relationship with his daughter and granchildren.

the princess of sussex will no doubt give fair consideration to rebuilding a relationship with him if she feels she can trust him to treat her good.

at a minimum i would imagine, stop selling stories to the press as a way to use the press to immotionally blackmail princess meghan of sussex.

i did mention this lots though previously, surprised you missed it, in fact i don't think you did but the thread is quite big.

The hypocrisy in your post is quite fantastic. Requesting balance when discussing Harry and Meghan. I might ask you to do the same when discussing pretty much everyone else in this who isn't Harry and Meghan (Chuck, Will et al) but that would be futile.

I think they are all self entitled cúnts. As I have stated previously on numerous occasions.

Apart from Meghan who from what I have seen of her seems grand. Although a bit American, but she can't help that.

Balanced enough for you?

To be Royal and to be boring is pretty much the point. They are not celebrities or creative types.

Again, why would investors particularly American ones have any interest in that?

They don't.

The reality is Harry is the box office.

You know that because you spend countless hours musing about him and his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

The man he never met even before before the falling out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Here's some terrible reporting

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/us-gossip/prince-harrys-odd-behaviour-flight-32114804.amp

The odd behaviour was he was polite , fun and good humoured

Great. So all Princess Meghan of Sussex needs to do is ring up her dad and ask that if he is willing to stop talking to the press about her then she'll be interested in mending their relationship and maybe let him meet his grandson and grandkids. #CompassionInAction

It's odd to me that you spend countless hours posting about people 99% of whom you think are c*nts. If Harry is Box Office then he is simply because Royal infighting and gossip (which he is a central part of) is Box Office. It is, as mentioned already, not a coincidence that their successes commercially centered on that specific tentpole.

They are not actually renaming themselves - that is their name. A gift from QEII. They are using their given name. What else would they do? - resort back to be the Wales' (which is the name Harry had from birth).

General tenure of your posts. You don't want them to use their connection to the royal family. This is impossible because Harry is a royal weather you like it or not. So you either pay up so that he doesn't have to work, or you need to be quiet about criticism as to what they do and how they earn their money.

God forbid - thankfully, he can't! He was a "Wales" because he was the son of the then Prince of Wales. He can't go back to being a "Wales", because that's now his brother's family name - hence, Catherine, Princess of Wales etc. I presume that the Coronation triggered H&M's family name to change to Sussex. BTW, their given name isn't their surname. Rename, rebrand, whatever, let them at it. The only thing they want is a connection to the British Royal Family - you know, the one the got a freedom flight away from. Funny old logic, isn't it?

Your eloquent use of the English language must be a source of great pride for you.

Do you even read my posts?

I literally said the royal connection is inescapable for them, that it is (and has been) their unique selling point in America and their latest rebrand is akin to a reminder about that USP. They are a royal "family" in America and it's for sale since they wanted financial independence. Where exactly are you seeing me in particular having a problem with that?

Oh, it's a "take your pick" kind of statement then. It's situational and not to be confused with a belief in the importance of family. Just depends on the context.

Having spent the last few years trashing his family, Harry has come to believe in the importance of family. But only when it suits.

That's hypocrisy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Stanley 1

It can't help matters when he asked his step-mum, Camilla, the present Queen, to step outside the room while he speaks to his father, he would not have dared to say same to his Granny, also a Queen.

Advertisement