Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Deeec

Totally agree. Triage nurses are responsible for most of the delays in A & E. I bought my Mum to A and E with a suspected bad ear infection having being told by GP to go to A and E. I said to the triage nurse would it not be wise to take a blood sample at the triage stage and was told no need. After hours sitting in severe pain my mum was eventually seen by doctors. The first thing they done was take a blood sample and we had to wait a few more hours for blood results. Now wouldnt it have saved so much time and be clever to take that blood sample at triage stage and have the results back by the time she was soon. I had more common sense than the triage nurse

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Liveline DOES very much pay attention to tweets. Last couple of times I was on the show Joe mentioned ALL the stuff I had on my profile, and drew me out on everything. It forms part of the great Liveline database

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Tow

I am serious. My French French teacher used to complain about it. A quick Google turns up nothing about the process (these days) in France, but the Chinese are at it.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• I could write a chapter on my experience and observations of triage nurses. Now they are working under constraints but they don’t always make a good call. I have asked for my medical records on a number of occasions and have seen reporting by triage nurses. In two cases they had completely got the wrong end of the stick regarding my symptoms. When I presented with rapid onset of very poor mobility I tried to give an accurate description of the timeline to the triage nurse but what did she record but “patient seems to have arthritis”.

After 8 hours ED consultant saw me and ordered an immediate CT brain scan to rule out brain haemorrhage or brain tumour and admitted me for neuro investigation. However I came under a poor consultant during my inpatient stay, and it was several months later before I got a confirmed diagnosis of MS.

The fact that the triage nurse failed to listen and consider the possibilities that the ED consultant had immediately in mind after examining me, is unbelievable. She saw I had a knee replacement and thought that must be where the issue stemmed. I had arrived in with a bruised bloodied face, and bruised limbs, having knocked myself out and lain unconscious after having convulsive syncope. Showed her a picture of the pool of blood to try and demonstrate what happened, but in her mind I had arthritis. Sure why would I bother turning up to an ED with arthritis ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Miss Miggins: Bonjour Monsieur, It's French!

Blackadder: So is eating frogs, cruelty to geese and urinating on the streets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭golondrinas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭golondrinas

As a lad once said to me --no point in having a bit of power if you can't abuse it.

• I miss his very entertaining texts. Last one sent in the small hours a few hours before his massive stroke.

• One time I turned up to the Beacon ED with persistent central chest pain and dizziness. There was a triage nurse there who would look at ya, ask about two questions and tell you to sit back out in waiting area. I had the pain since having an argument with my psycho boss the evening before, and getting weather than better. The triage nurse seemed really bored.

Waited, then called in for bloods, though I was getting dizzier I was turfed from trolley to a chair, where my sight was fading, and I had to keep my head well down to stop passing out. Eventually wheeled up to cardiac and put in a waiting area for half an hour until a nurse called me into a side room. Blacked out in the side room, thought I was dying and it was honestly very pleasant as the pain had gone and I just saw a white light, the tunnel they tell you about. Next moment I was being slapped on the face and instructed to talk. I couldn’t speak but could now hear them and my vision started coming back. The nurse was shouting for help.

A nurse and a doctor arrived. Oxygen mask put on and medication given, and asked to respond to them. Now I could respond. The doctor told me I was having a heart attack, the blood showed very high troponin from my heart muscle and that this was a serious event. They kept on talking to me to assess alertness. 20 minutes later the consultant came in and explained again very calmly that I was having a heart attack, and would be in the cath lab within half an hour.

He performed the angiogram and told me the good news that my heart vessels were actually very good, but that my left ventricle was in failure due to a neurogenic attack, the tiniest capillaries had shut down, causing the symptoms. Was given medication, kept in the cardiac unit a couple of nights, and told I should make a full recovery, which I did. Turned out to be part of the MS at play.

But of course the triage nurse always seems to be the most bored staff member in any hospital, and wonders why people turn up at all. A work colleague was driven to A&E by her husband with chest pain, as she said in her 60s and obese. Triage nurse, as usual, showed no interest, and had her sitting in a chair hours before even a blood test was taken. Thankfully turned out not to be anything serious, but the nurse couldn’t know that before some preliminary tests were taken. Chest pain is supposed to be a red flag unless it can be initially proved to be superficial like costochondritis, a simple bit of finger pressure on breastbone will reveal that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Did he ask you about anyone's brother's medical conditions?

• Advertisement

• Only my own shtuff on me profile so to speak, enough material in that.

Perhaps you should stick to that on this thread, too. Unless the individual in question has given you permission to discuss his ailments.

You twice disclosed the medical condition of the brother of a deceased poster. I would suggest that you probably shouldn't have, unless he gave you permission to do so.

• You mean Scruffy? LOL Sligojoek was a personal friend of mine, he and his lovely brother often communicated with me as a pair from all over the country, sharing lovely happy things. A very warm hearted family. Sligojoek was a good friend to me, not many like him. His family are equally lovely. I shed ma y tears when he got sick and died.

What did I disclose about his bro? A harmless hand condition that was a nuisance and no more than that. Just demonstrating I had heard of this nuisance condition very specifically before, and a context where it interrupted certain things, at least temporarily. It was hardly disclosing an intimate condition 🙄

• I asked ChatGPT to display his broadcasting amid equipment with signs of death and vultures around,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Off topic..

But can you imagine Joe getting her on the phone

Flicked on This Morning on tv

£67,000 scammed by her online lover!

And her daughter ( who is a bank manager) warned her that it was a scam!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,446 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 82,888 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

In 99.999999989% of these cases the wimmin don't even get to the verification level of chatting over a video call to these scammers yet send them cash based on a generic photo and the promise of a heafty langar and a darn good seeing to so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Fairly sure that Duffy had to retreat fairly lively from that advice after a slapping down from Brian Lenihan (RIP)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭archfi

She definitely wanted her platinum blonde wig moved.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• JOE

Google tax rebate and first one comes up is taxrebate.ie and it’s a complete mystery why tech savvy people click on it

Clawed hand & Viking finger from yesterday, 2 year waiting list to get it fixed.

Now that’s my hand when I see Joe

S7.1 Command Command Chair: Joe

s7.1 Guest Chairs: Empty

Tax Rebate Dot IE: Rant continues.

Viking Finger: Joe young lad at 80 goes to hospital with clawed hand.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Oh God - he's on about that taxback place again! For the love of blessed Jesus - how in the name of God could that company do a tax return for you unless you gave them PPSN etc. Be reasonable.

And Viking finger - I didn't hear the show yesterday but hadn't heard it called that. My husband had it - operated on a couple of years ago - wasn't as successful as we'd have liked. Went private so didn't have much of a wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Feckin Vikings! Coming over here. Stealing our gold and raping fingering our women.

It might be possible if Jointly Accessed and de Spouse signed up. In any event 'they' signed up! Just as easy to signup to myAccount and get an extra 30%.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,888 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Has to be some RTÉ punter/punteress that was 'scammed' by them for him to focus so much on the non story of them doing what was agreed from the outset.

• Advertisement

Tax is only for da little people, not de elite in RTE.

Advertisement