Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota bz4X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I must drive like an aul granny I've never experienced any grip issues in my Born, first time I've heard of continental tyres being described as budget tyres😏

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Sorry I meant it's more of a budget model from them, they have higher end tyres like the ContactSport that would be better on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Amen.

Off with the flimsy EV tyres and on with proper rubber suitable for the Irish climate, like Michelin CrossClimate SUV which would suit most large EVs down to the ground.

Very happy to eat a small range penalty for the sake of wearing a far better tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭innrain

Some improvements coming to bz4x. Pretty vague but if I read right a heat pump and faster DC charging are the main upgrades. As for "preventing rear-end collision" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yermanthere

Well overdue. It's a great car, very comfortable and build quality is good.

But cold weather kills the range. It's the heater. It's very thirsty.

21-23kw/100km atm.

• Advertisement

I think all of us are seeing that rate of consumption atm. I was watching Fargo last night, how in god's name would driving an EV make any sense in places like Minnesota? The battery wouldn't last an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

at -30'C you would be struggling to get half of the summer range. Combine that with long distances at colder, less populated areas, and EVs are not a good match for long distance at the arctic regions.

Except of course in Norway, where they account for 70%+ of new car sales, and half the country is in the Arctic Circle.. where a drive from Kristiansand in the south to Batsfjord in the north is just the 2,242km according to Google Maps.

Christmas motorway driving got me 250-260km range. With 4 people,bags and heater on. So in real terms I had to charge at 230km, so I couldn't complete the journey that I thought I could, without stopping.

Worst I saw was during storm, cold and windy motorway run. I had to stop early because battery % was dropping like a rock. Maybe 220km range at 120kmh?

Suburban I'm getting just over 300.

That goes up to 330-360 motorway range , and 420 suburban in the summer.

• Advertisement

Not really comparable to any other country are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

They also have way more ICE sales in the extreme north compared to more populated south.

I just watched a range test at youtube for a Nissan leaf 40 kWh at about -30'C and it did manage just under 100 km starting from the garage driven at 80 km/h. It was not a new car but still that is the reality. And where that guy lives 50 km between towns is a short distance.

Edit: The leaf in the test used continuous 4.5 kW for the climate control and it was not enough to keep the cabin temperature comfortable at the temperatures below about -20'C.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

Is there seat cover that Toyota make for the bz4X? Parent have the bz4X (they love it) and were wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vimalandrew

I went for my second servicing last week after 30K km. When I bought the car, tyres were bridgestone. After my first service at 15K, I had to change my front tyres. Dealer had no tyres in stock, so I put Pirrelli tyres from outside. This time, service center said, no need to change tyres, it will last for another 15K or one more year.

How much was the 2nd service?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Did you change your style of driving after changing to the Pirellis ?

It was free. Nothing charged. Wheel alignment still has no issue.

No change in style. Same old style. Locals worried about my speed. They said it us flying like a spaceship. Garda was about to give me penalty points one night. They got kind and I just escaped. But I always slow on bumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

If you're at the point where locals are worried about your speed, it sounds like you need to listen to them and cop on.

Apologies if I've taken this out of context and misunderstood the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Stick to the Pirellis then.

And the speed limit too 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

New pricing seems like a decent reduction, to €42,950 excluding delivery & metallic, and the one sole variant showing now, has the bigger 12” screen previously only available on the higher priced trims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Yes. It was originally over €50k excluding delivery just a few weeks back for the sport model shown.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭petronelduca

I'm one of the buyers taking the 8k hit on the purchase value.

Im not sorry for this, but more for the resale value when my PCP is up.

I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

I have to say a fine looking vehicle, was way overpriced initially, but thats also true of ID4, Enyak 4 also, although the Enyak has not yet reduced in price as of yet.

I also read somewhere, they improved efficiency in MY’24, as heater was sapping the battery excessively.

I also like the 10 year battery guarantee, so long as it is continously serviced by Toyota, thats a USP.

just got in touch with my local dealer and I will change my MY'23 with a brand new one (starting a new PCP). The interest is now down to 3.9% so I got a decent deal for a 4 years PCP on 25k km/year. I have my current car since April'23 with 33k km on the clock already. No delivery jobs or anything, just Galway-Dublin commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How much did they give you to trade in and what will the monthlies be now? I'd imagine the GMFV should be around €10-13k after 4 year?

I'm not sure about the trade I value yet, as I only corresponded with the sales guy in principle, and agreed a monthly figure.

I will see when it comes to it. The GMFV is 15k after 4 years on 25k km per year.

Using their finance calculator and looking at my current PCP, my guess is that I have a small positive equity of about 10k, used as a deposit on the new one.

Overall, I'm happy with the monthly payment and the GMFV so I take it as a good deal for me.

The car itself..... excellent.

Anyone here with a red bz4x?

Just looking to know if the colour is bright or dark, like the one in RAV4.

Thank you.

I've seen one in the wild, in red. How would I describe it? It's not cherry red,and it's not wine.

I guess it's just... Red.

I'm sure of you did a ceramic coat, or waxed it regularly it would be brighter. But I think all Toyota colours are at the darker and Matt side of the colour. Just my observation.

Lexus seem to have more metallic flake and brighter base.

If this is your second bz, would you go navy? There's not many around, if it's clean it looks classy. I really like the white tbh. It reminds me of a stormtrooper!

• Advertisement

Navi would have been my 1st choice, but is too dark for my taste.

I have the precious metal now, and sadly, while on the road, I note most colors for cars are black, grey or white. Kind of a dull view TBH.

I just said I'd get the red one, to brighten up the view. And to match it with my recently purchased Motorola Edge 40, Viva Magenta 😂

My only issue with this red, is that I don't like the dark red I saw on some RAV 4s, and this is why I was trying to get an opinion from some that saw the red bz4x in real life.

Many thanks for your help.

Post edited by petronelduca on

Advertisement