Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bredabe

It reminds me of a sit at work, I was checking out the location of a college that a client was thinking of taking a course in, the client is very directionally challenged and the map meant nothing to them. I rang the student information office and asked for exact directions and they gave me the driving directions tho I asked for the bus stop no and one of the bus route no's. The disgusted voice on the other end told me they didn't know the no of the bus as they drove there like a grown-up.

I went with the client and spotted the student info office looking out onto the side of the road where bus stops in both directions.😡

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

When in the flow of general conversation you say too much to a person about a certain situation without meaning to and you immediately know a millisecond later after expressing the final syllable that it might in time come back to bite you or be used against you . Hopefully it won’t we shall see but. Not the end of the world either way but it was slightly careless of me considering knowing who I was talking with. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Fine to engage lightheartedly on topics of weather, news, sport, music, movies, or books…. Not fine personal stuff, not with this individual… found that out before as have others…. 🤐

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Came home from work a bit earlier than usual to find the dog starving and bursting for the toilet, while the milk and bread the wife had promised to pick up were nowhere to be seen.

Apparently she is coming down with a dose and because of that can't do a tap. But I have been riddled with a heavy cold for two weeks and can still go to work and function like a normal human.

I swear to god, she and the dog would probably starve to death if I wasn't around to do the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

The cost of yoga holidays or anything to do with yoga.

I did yoga years back when people thought yoga was a cult.

Now it's become a real middle class thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Getting irritated reading threads started by greedy parasite landlords wanting to squeeze their tenants for more rent on the Accommodation and Property section here.

Also, Dublin seriously could do with more pedestrian bridges like the one in Fairview. It’s frustrating having to wait excessively long times at busy traffic junctions to cross the road, especially if you’re in a hurry for a bus/train etc.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I got a friend request from someone I don’t know , but we share friends . No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Oh I opened my mouth and said a load of crap that I should not have. Just exhausted and stressed.

• Advertisement

Shops , especially chippers , who lock their door 10 minutes before closing time. . Just change your closing time and not having people arriving to order

• Registered Users Posts: 38,282 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking up Las Vegas events to be curious and now every ad is showing up on my browser

Ticketmaster are a shower of **** too with the 'Dynamic pricing'

The prices of gig tickets.

Since the pandemic it’s unreal..

2 tickets to see Dionne Warwick in Vicar St…

€175.10

its not like Ms Warwick is at the peak of her powers. She’s 83 and her voice has lost a fair bit of power and quality going by the YouTube clips of live shows from the last while….she’s in less than perfect voice… and according to setlist.fm she performs about 15 songs….

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Trying to set myself up for the am, a voice asked me to check if the voicemail on the landline was back, by calling 171.

Bro, you are inches away from the phone on the sofa with a mobile IN YOUR HAND ALREADY1

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The three chippers near me all close at 10pm since Covid. One of them has two pubs within 50m of it. They must be losing an absolute fortune in closing-time revenue, but they can clearly afford it, so 🤷

I had timed it so one run would do it , shop then chips . Chipper door was locked at 9.50

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

i bought myself a big crispy red apple, lovely looking thing. Shopping in the car, sit down to eat my apple and crunch, or more splat. Whole inside of it was rotten mush.

I was really looking forward to that apple.

Newer Sky TV remotes…. The buttons are absolutely tiny, on a tiny remote and they are all squished together so every now and then you inadvertently press the wrong button which are totally more touch sensitive sending your screen off showing some menu or whatever you never intended to ask it to…

why do businesses want to do smaller, of everything, instead of better, or just properly functional and good…. ? dumb. Probably to save money….probably tell you it’s for the environment….yeah sure 💰🤑💰

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

When you are stuck with the smell of someone else’s perfume on you after hugging them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

When my ears tickle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

People who steal things from graves.

One of those instances when I feel karma should come into play!

I really hate it when staff in shops call me, love , pet, or here you go lovely , I'm not a five year old !

I even told one my name. It's just annoying !

I might have bad mouthed the chip shop . It’s just a strong spring on the door . They need a screwdriver to release a bit of tension on the lock

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭thereiver

You can buy underwear in Penny's dunnes at a reasonable price. Sports direct is not known for its low prices it sells brand name merch and trainers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Having a "pain attack" for want of a better term, TA because I've done nothing that would usually tripper it and TA two is I'm just far enough away from home to find it to walk but too short for taxi if I could even sit into one.

Had a bit of a pain (cramp ) attack myself today , but tablets should cure it .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

adults should not have earaches

Its like someone set out to TA me this morning. One of my pet hates is people parking in Parent and Child spots with no kids :-(

So what did I see at Aldi this morning. A car parking in the Parent and Child spot of Aldi's own car park, with no kids. Signs up saying its for use of Aldi customers only. As I walked past I thought lazy feckers because the space was as near to the main door as you can get but they walked past that and off to the shopping center another 200 m away.

Then I noticed the car registration, Ukrainian. ffs guys you aren't doing anything for your cause behaving like that.

• Advertisement

my family having a get together for some family members home from abroad tonight who haven’t been back since the pandemic. Others from here joining…

nice people but they are let’s say, outgoing, loud and, very energetic in the social stakes….I don’t have the patience or energy at the moment…. As well as being mad for talking…. You’ll be shown 947 photos on phones from their new car, new garden flowers and furniture, holidays, kid’s graduation / sports achievements and whatever else. Just not relaxing… just not easy company..

secondly..

A person who I’m acquainted with about a week is all of a sudden getting very clingy, very nosy and just worryingly full on considering the very passing level of our acquaintance. they are very much OTT and I’m not notorious for being able to handle that…. So fûck knows with the week I’m having I just need to avoid them…. and see if they calm their demeanour….

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement