Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The accelerating fall in Sinn Féin support

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The Republican Party in the US, the Labour Party in the UK, hundreds of parties around Europe, it is only Sinn Fein in Ireland who don't have a clue what they will do in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Augme

You can add Fianna Fail and Fine Gael to the list of parties who dont have a clue what to do while in Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Why? This is the Sinn Fein thread, that is why we are talking about them.

Because they dont. You were the one who provided a list of parties other than SF. I thought I'd simply add to that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm sure not I want a country that swings left and right every election cycle like other countries. I think it's better for Irish governments to stay centrist/pragmatic and deviate within that space rather than wild swings.

• Advertisement

• Starmer has ready to go policies (or "oven ready" as Boris used to say)? haha

He's rolling back his previous pledges every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

To remain electable, Labour generally move towards the centre, it will take them a while to undo all of the damage that corbyn did (which was generally make them look somehow less able to govern than the tories).

SF have been doing the same thing and it looks like all the lefties have just started realising it.

• Thorough nonsense.

Labour membership skyrocketed under Corbyn making Labour the biggest party in Europe in terms of membership.

Turncoats, led by Starmer, made Labour less appealing than the Tories.

The worst thing Corbyn ever did was seek the counsel of Starmer, Lammy and Rayner.

Margaret Hodge gave up the pretence long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

because you're making silly statements. If you think FF or FG have everything worked and planned in advance out for their stretch in government whilst in opposition, then youre mad. Im sure though if you worked your way through the SF website theres enough articles on there to give you a general gist.

tell me you don't have a point without telling me you don't have a point. Keyboard warrior 😂. I was simply making the point that its up to you to educate yourself on these matters and not be acting like some 10 year old demanding that someone else does. its an endless circle of whataboutery. SF will get into power, they'll do grand, we'll be in a better position at the end of their tenure than the start, you'll be feeling really really foolish and we'll just move on from there. Im not here to defend SF, convince anyone to vote for the or frankly give a an iota what anyone thinks. You be you, I'll be me - just dont be posting rubbish about a party you clearly despise but know very little about bar the guff governments and media have feeding your for years. Jaysus, like the fear IS real it seems.

• Advertisement

thats not what clo clo and co are looking for. they want the nitty gritty details.

Could you give me an example of say, something Labour has available in their published policy and SF dont? I always though all parties were light on detail until they get into power. even then they have to make a plan to get things to work. Im sure if you knew what policy info you wanted that wasnt available, you could contact SF and they'd get it for you. county councillors are very responsive for that kind of thing.

of course mike. I believe you believe all that and more power to you, but its a terrible misrepresentation. I have no idea of your upbringing etc, but its a bit low to be talking like that and horribly simplifying a complicated conflict that people suffered through. I grew up through that as did many others and our childhoods and more than likely mental health were ruined, just so people who have no idea of the realities outside of what they were told by the telly can downgrade everything to being 'proud' of murder. Yeah - theres something sick there alright but obviously not what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

I would be interested in seeing who those who drop off voting for SF end up voting for ... we have a major problem if it is one of those wannabe Handmaid's Tale nutter parties ....

it'll be America .. i mean ireland first and such. Ireland for the Irish and lashings of xenophobia

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Let us hope that pandemic of racist stupid politics never gains power here .... Foambrain in America and Netanyahu in Israel is more than enough for the world to make the otherwise odious Putin look good ... Gemma Serena Joy and Commander Fred Waters and Dolores Cahill ... even her own given name scares me ... no thank you ....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Tell me you are a Sinn Fein online supporter without telling me you are a Sinn Fein online supporter post

No mention of policies, make a few snide comments at the other poster. Talk about fear. Tell everyone Sinn Fein will be in government

Isn't it time you changed the tactic and tried something new?

Have you anything to discuss on topic/policies or just more comments about posters? it's getting extremely boring that you seem incapable of understanding what SInn fein policies are or what the opposition parties are.

I don't need another post about fear or snide comments by the way 👍

Post edited by Clo-Clo on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

"gritty details"

No just an opinion on a policy. What you post is about fear and nothing of substance

Anyway no need for more back & forward on it. I’m moving on

Post edited by Clo-Clo on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭mikethecop

isnt it incredible that some one making the claim that the activities of sf effected you badly would still be such an ardent supporter .

Stockholm syndrome - Wikipedia

And I actually did grow up during the latter years of the troubles and remember well the near daily atrocities, I guess i had more clarity as to who was murdering and bombing and claiming it as in my name.

sf murdered their way to where they are now and reminding ye of it does and will continue to shame and embarrass ye , that seems to be why there is usually such a back lash from the "on line army" when the crimes of your past are brough up .

There's always a min to remind folks that sf are first and foremost an organized crime gang controlled by who knows which contains many people who were never brought to justice for murders bombings and other crimes and are to this day protected by sf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

I wonder who the son of a former politician, arrested in Kerry for his involvement in a drugs cartel, could be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ionraice

Agreed. If I can find a party willing to control immigration, they have my vote.

Neither SF, FF,FG,Greens, Soc Dems et al will get as much as a preference. Hard right parties will get no preference, either.

I'm really struggling to believe that there is so much groupthink on immigration that its a real struggle to find a candidate who has moderate views on immigration.

Of course, we can all predict the raft of promises to control our borders from every political party before the election...

Too little, too late, imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

You seem to have a real hard on for all things SF, are you a councillor or even a TD for that party?

Secondly its not a given that they will be in power after the next election and there is no way of knowing if they will do grand and we will be better off.

Its kinda ironic you say other people talk bollocks when you are doing quite a bit of it yourself.

Oh and just to add I'm not a member of either FF or FG.

The polls say otherwise. 30% of those polled said they'd be more likely to vote for a TD who was against immigration, 20% said they'd be less likely while 40% would make no difference. I think any party who simply say, and do, implement the current rules will be fine and it won't be a big issue. There's still been no real increase in support for the parties further on the right.

SF can't shift position and it will go completely against all the other left wing parties who they are looking to go into government with.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Annabella1

I think they have made recent mistakes critising the Gardai after recent riots

i also think requesting an amnesty for tv licence dodgers - like it or not it’s the law

they didn’t request a refund for payers !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If it is the person being speculated online, that will bring further unwanted association with criminality to the party concerned.

I am a SF voter - I have never hid that. Who I vote for doesnt shame me. Whats an 'online supporter'? Is a SF supporter whos online also an 'online SF supporter' or does an 'online SF supporter' have some kind of special role in your world? Wouldnt that mean anyone who supports SF and is on the internet is a 'online SF supporter'? Would that apply for everyone then? Arent you an 'online supporter' of whoever you vote for?

See what I mean about you being vague about things?

Why would I have anything to discuss on SF policies? It's yourself having a hernia over those. I already asked you to define exactly what policies you are looking for and maybe then you could going looking for them yourself

Outside of that do you think Im going to read your mind, find out what policies you need details on and then go find them for you? You're afraid of SF getting into power. More power to you. Personally I dont really care what you think or who you vote for.

'a real hard on'. You seem to have your slang from whenever sexism was popular.

• Advertisement

SF were murdering 😂 I had to stop after that. Where were you brought up Mike? Which county in the north?

Advertisement