Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robot lawnmower installation

Options
  • 15-02-2024 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

hi I’m buying a robot mower online and putting the wire underground thinking of doing it myself has anyone done this themselves wondering any tips to save time like tools used.seen a cable layer online but can’t see anywhere to hire it was thinking a lawn edger to do a channel and obviously a shovel but will take ages.any help would be appreciated and also if I was to get a dealer to do it how much you reckon they would charge or would they even do it considering I’m not buying from them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭LMK

I diy'd my robot install - mow the boundary grass to be as short as possible then I used the plastic stakes to fix the wire approx 300mm from the lawn edge, in a few weeks the grass grows over the wire. Also I found there is no need to stake wire around trees - the mower gently bumps into them the turns around and proceeds in another direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blues14

Thanks for info just worry if I don’t put underground that I’ll clip the wire when I’m striming.this is probably a stupid question but the dock station every one I see it’s on the actual grass can it be on like paving or does it have to be on grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭blackbox

Docking station could be on the paving where it meets the grass. Remember that the cables have to run from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

Does it run over that 300mm to get to the edges?

On most sides I've walls but on one side it would run over the kerb possibly.

Advertisement